• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Gather Inn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
For spirits glenfiddich please :)

I find the slim choices for burger buns to not be really worth it. If I’m going to go with a red meat slab, I want a decent bun to soak it up. That’s what is happening on my recently cleans up grill today.

alan white drummer for yes passed today. Sad news. Amongst yes and other projects he played those iconic parts on lennon’s imagine.

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
For spirits glenfiddich please :)

I find the slim choices for burger buns to not be really worth it. If I’m going to go with a red meat slab, I want a decent bun to soak it up. That’s what is happening on my recently cleans up grill today.

alan white drummer for yes passed today. Sad news. Amongst yes and other projects he played those iconic parts on lennon’s imagine.
Hi Groove, my wife has had some issues with bread stuff lately but has found she can handle potato buns..

Yes it is sad that Alan White passed away....Yess was my favourite ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well in this case potato buns it is. I have heard some of my more adventurist friends detail some pretty creative alternatives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Enjoying the good weather out there. There’s much more to come so possibly forum posts become less frequent, but I’ll take this over the crap we’ve endured this past winter!

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Enjoying the good weather out there. There’s much more to come so possibly forum posts become less frequent, but I’ll take this over the crap we’ve endured this past winter!
Morning Groove...we are expecting to hit the 30s this week...but also rain...glad to have nicer weather as Tovah has had some health issues and Guinness has been sick since Wednesday...so little sleep here...never thought just mowing the lawn would be considered a break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Must be the heat lethargy, is everyone having coffee this morning? Oops it’s afternoon :)

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Must be the heat lethargy, is everyone having coffee this morning? Oops it’s afternoon :)
Afternoon Groove. Yes it has been quiet here. Both Tovah and Guinness have been really I’ll….most of my time was looking after the two….both are on the mend however.

Watched a very good show in Netflix last night Old Henry….it’s basically a western but well written, acted, and shot…worth seeing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Election here in Ontario, (yawn) but beautiful weather tonight.

did you get an amp finally?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

The News here said the Conservatives got elected.

Oh yes, the excitement of Canadian Provincial elections... so electrifying eh... ??? ;)

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah only in Ontario do drug dealers and crack smokers openly get elected.

I don’t think I and the rest of this province couldn’t be any less engaged in this. I almost didn’t bother voting for the first time but I dragged my sorry butt to do my duty. Enough politics.

This used to be a great province to live in. We have been eyeing Vancouver island for some time now.

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score

did you get an amp finally?
Hi Groove, I selected the Fender Mustang GTX100..... of course it’s not in stock but coming....hoping in a week or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This used to be a great province to live in. We have been eyeing Vancouver island for some time now.

A great place to live, but then I haven't lived anywhere else, but nor have I ever wanted to.

And there are lots of various areas of diversification depending on your interests, wants and wishes, and certainly very prolific in the music areas and talents.

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Morning all. Warmer today....and sunny, so working the lawn is in order.
I have a nice Butter Toffee coffee on tap for anyone interested.

While I’m a ginger ale guy ( I adore Vernors ...a staple here in Windsor ) I noticed Coke has a new cola out with a coffee finish.....anyone try it? I mean, you can never have too much caffeine right?

It must be my “aging” but I’m starting to play my classical guitar again...I’m a dreadful player but I love the feel of the thing.

And our “Maybe it’s the Wine” moment.....
B8CBC00E-2741-47A2-9350-67041168A23F.jpeg

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
While I’m a ginger ale guy ( I adore Vernors ...a staple here in Windsor ) I noticed Coke has a new cola out with a coffee finish.....anyone try it? I mean, you can never have too much caffeine right?
SWMBO introduced me to Vernors some years ago and it's about the only form of ginger ale I like. She grew up in the Detroit area and loves the stuff.

I have a can of that coffee-Coke combo in the fridge right now. Wal-Mart included a sample of to in a grocery order recently. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm not much of a coffee drinker anymore though so it's not something I think I will like.

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
SWMBO introduced me to Vernors some years ago and it's about the only form of ginger ale I like. She grew up in the Detroit area and loves the stuff.

I have a can of that coffee-Coke combo in the fridge right now. Wal-Mart included a sample of to in a grocery order recently. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm not much of a coffee drinker anymore though so it's not something I think I will like.
Hi Slydude, I love Diet Vernors....but it is had to find...the regular however is very popular....nothing like an ice cold Vernors......I might try a Coca-Coffee, but I’m not a lover of iced coffee.....that said I love a good French Vanilla Ice Cream and drop in a teaspoon of instant coffee and mix it together....never understood why they don’t have a coffee flavoured soft ice cream.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The Diet Vernor's can be particularly hard to find here at times -- especially with the recent supply chain issues.

Besides, with the cost of everything rising, it might be a while before I can stick up again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I noticed Coke has a new cola out with a coffee finish.....anyone try it? I mean, you can never have too much caffeine right?

Several years ago when the "uncola" phase was at its height, I jokingly said to my cousin-in- law, who was in the food industry, doesn't anybody make a drink with lots of sugar and caffeine, and he passed me a can of "Jolt" with a smile on his face, as he had a contract to produce it locally, and the can had prodly displayed on its front: "with twice the sugar and caffeen".

It was actually quite good.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Slydude, I love Diet Vernors....but it is had to find...the regular however is very popular....nothing like an ice cold Vernors......

If their Ginger Ale is anywhere close to the amount of ginger a local brewery's soda sidline has, I'm sure you would love it. All of them are delicious and very flavorful.

Their ginger bear Is renowned for the amount of ginger it has in it. Delicious... Especially if you like ginger... ;)

PS: They make some pretty darn nice, Award winning, Custom, Craft brews as well, We are well endowed with other similar good local Craft breweries

And If you are really brave, don't forget their 50% alcohol real Ginger Beer. it's even stronger!!!

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Several years ago when the "uncola" phase was at its height, I jokingly said to my cousin-in- law, who was in the food industry, doesn't anybody make a drink with lots of sugar and caffeine, and he passed me a can of "Jolt" with a smile on his face, as he had a contract to produce it locally, and the can had prodly displayed on its front: "with twice the sugar and caffeen".

It was actually quite good.

- Patrick
=======
Hi Patrick, i’ve Had some jolt....and it does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.