• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Another iphone 4G rumour

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
AppleInsider | Confirmed next-gen Apple iPhone seen in person, disassembled

This mob believe they have their hands on the new iphone. And I think soon enough we'll know if that is true or not.

And this too.

AppleInsider | Purported prototype next-gen iPhone has MicroSIM slot, two cameras
New photos of an alleged fourth-generation iPhone surfaced over the weekend, with a handful of reports claiming the device is indeed a prototype device that somehow slipped away from Apple, sporting dual cameras with flash, a high-resolution screen, and a slot for a MicroSIM card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Doesn't Apple usually force the websites to take down photos and info of these products if it's real? Or maybe since it was found in a public place rather than stolen or smuggled out they don't have any legal ground to force a retraction.

My overall impression is that I don't really like it too much. It looks blocky and not a smooth and seemless as most of Apple's products. People say it looks more Apple this way. Not me.

Many people are saying it's great because they didn't like the curved back: something about it being hard to hold?? I think the curved back makes it look thinner and sleeker. Do people really have so much trouble holding on to a phone?

Like the idea of an improved camera and higher res screen though. And overall it's doesn't look too bad. It'll be hard, but if they don't announce a Verizon version with it, I'm going to have to hold out for that fall predicition to see if it happens or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
I was wondering about Apple telling Gizmodo to take down the pics, but maybe you're right about the public setting fleurya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If Apple forces Gizmodo to take the photos and video down, that would further confirm that this is real. Also… Engadget has some photos of the iPad that appeared to have been taken in a development lab that pre-dated the announcement of the iPad. Those photos proved to be real. What's more… those same photos show this same iPhone prototype in them! One barely visible off to the side, the other with that fake 3GS cover. If this isn't the real deal, then it is one well-calculated hoax that has been in the works for a very long time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
I guess I'm in the minority. I think it looks nice.

I also see no ground for Apple to demand anyone to be taking down pictures of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Just throwing this out there but could Apple have purposely allowed the leak as a clever marketing tactic to take attention away from the HTC Incredible that has recently been announced? After all, as far as strong iPhone contenders go, thats up there with the best of them!

Just an idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
The Incredible is.....incredible.

Sorry, I had to do it.

500x_comp8.jpg

I'm really surprised, though, that people don't like the looks. I think it looks much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I guess we'll know if it real by whether or not an Apple employee commits suicide after being roughed up by Apples goones...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tihnk Apple has a 0 tolerance when it comes to product leaks. Even if they wanted to leak info, they wouldn't do it by dropping the actual dvice in a bar somewhere.

I know Apple has forced some sites to take down info related to products before launch. Maybe there wasn't a legal basis. Maybe it was a situation where Apple was going to pull their ads or sponsorship or something. I can't remember specific instances, but I know other companies have done it also.

Reaction score
This is just my two well maybe five cents i know i might get flack but here it is

im with the slim majority i do like the shape just not the volume keys i liked the old keys much better. Also if this is the final build i do hope the back is no longer that horrible plastic that was always oh say easy to scratch or crack.

A new harder grittier frosted back would be nice not that it matters i have tmobile and have jumped to android and im happy with it.

Apple would have to do alot to get me to go back to the iphone it seems like they always just want to make there customers play catch up by purposely releasing an outdated phone or a OS that purposely in the past has features left out(mulit-task,camera flash,cut/paste,etc).

Since they have such a big market it doesn't matter that certain people are left out there are so many people who will eat this up and not care

Do not get me wrong the iphone is truly a great phone with great features and for the majority of people out there it does everything you need but i think there going to be facing stiff competition with the EVO and Incredible coming out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
The Incredible is.....incredible.

Sorry, I had to do it.

500x_comp8.jpg

I'm really surprised, though, that people don't like the looks. I think it looks much better.

Looking at the photo this way, I can now see the phone and not some silly blurry crap. That said, now I can believe that it's real. Looks better than I thought it did from the other photo. I do like the more sleek back as well. Two cameras though ? Great, now I know why they ran out of cameras when they thought about putting any in the iPad..... :Sleeping:

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Two cameras though ? Great, now I know why they ran out of cameras when they thought about putting any in the iPad..... :Sleeping:
Doug

I really don't understand the draw of a front-facing camera for video chat on a phone. I kind of see it for self-photos, but not for video chat. Can you seirously picture yourself holding a phone out in front of you for several minutes to do video chat . . . in public even? Have you ever seen anyone do it with current phones that have front facing cameras? It just seems silly to me. A computer, definitely. iPad, okay maybe. A regular phone, nah!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
I really don't understand the draw of a front-facing camera for video chat on a phone. I kind of see it for self-photos, but not for video chat. Can you seirously picture yourself holding a phone out in front of you for several minutes to do video chat . . . in public even? Have you ever seen anyone do it with current phones that have front facing cameras? It just seems silly to me. A computer, definitely. iPad, okay maybe. A regular phone, nah!

Agreed 100% Nokia is big on the whole front facing Camera they have been installing them in the N series phones for at least 5 years, I have owned several and have never needed it. Heck I don't even use the camera in my MBP I don't think I have ever even used iChat.

A camera in a cellphone is just that, If you want high quality pics, Go out and buy a Nikon.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A camera in a cellphone is just that, If you want high quality pics, Go out and buy a Nikon.

Well said. And I think it applies to an ipad camera too.

Reaction score
Agreed 100% Nokia is big on the whole front facing Camera they have been installing them in the N series phones for at least 5 years, I have owned several and have never needed it. Heck I don't even use the camera in my MBP I don't think I have ever even used iChat.

Totally agreed. Not to mention how awkward it would feel to be videochatting on a phone in public

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My girlfriend and I video chat quite often (long distance relationship), so having the ability to do so on the go will be quite welcome :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 2g jb 3.1.3 / iPad 16gb wifi / Lenovo s10 2.5 gb ram, 300gb hd, SL Dual boot Win 7 /
Volume rockers = GROSS :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Mid-2009) 2.26 GHZ, 8GB RAM, 500 GB HDD
Part of me wishes I hadn't gotten my 3GS last month, but I dunno, I'm happy with it. I'll wait a bit before considering upgrading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.