• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's "Back to School" Promo to start June. 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
I bought my MacBook which I will use for school with the education discount a little over two weeks ago.......blah. I would have done the rebate deal if I could.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Call them or take your receipt in, you never know.

Reaction score
They sell Macs at Best Buy as well...

best buy doesnt offer the student discount

or at least thats what the apple store people told me
and at best buy one of their iMacs were 100 lower than apple but apple has the student discount so i guess it was about the same. but i dont think you can get special promos at best buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Does anyone know how long it takes before you receive the rebate? Are they pretty quick if you do it online?

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
ummm i remember seeing someone post that it only took 2 weeks cause they did it online. I believe online is much faster, and it would make sense if it was

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
I got a free nano and printer through rebates with the macbook purchase last september. The nano rebate came in 3 weeks, and the printer rebate was about a week later. The student discount is applied at time of purchase (no rebate).

Reaction score
if anyone knows the answer to my question please help.

i just purchased a macbook pro last week and today found out about this new promotion, so does anyone know if it will be possible for me to go purchase an ipod touch and then get the rebate on it as well even though i already purchased my macbook pro?

i plan on calling the store and asking them about it tomorrow but i would just like to see what people know on it already.

thanks

Reaction score
ya you can get the new promo within 14 days of your purchase. i just got my iphone yesterday when i bought my imac last monday

they let you keep the printer if you got the promo too

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
best buy doesnt offer the student discount

or at least thats what the apple store people told me
and at best buy one of their iMacs were 100 lower than apple but apple has the student discount so i guess it was about the same. but i dont think you can get special promos at best buy

I bought my Macbook at Best Buy ON June 3rd. I walked out of there with only a MB and Mighty Mouse. Then the next day at work, I found out from a friend that also just got a Macbook that they're giving away an ipod touch with them. :-/

Oh well, I wasn't gonna use up that much gas to drive all the way out to Atlanta. Best Buy was only about 10 minutes away. Oh well, my shuffle works good enough, I use it in the truck so its best it doesn't have a screen lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano
if anyone knows the answer to my question please help.

i just purchased a macbook pro last week and today found out about this new promotion, so does anyone know if it will be possible for me to go purchase an ipod touch and then get the rebate on it as well even though i already purchased my macbook pro?

i plan on calling the store and asking them about it tomorrow but i would just like to see what people know on it already.

thanks

Do this:

Take your receipt to the Apple Store. Explain to them what you want to do. Since you are still in the 14 day return period, they can print you a new receipt dated AFTER June 3. That receipt will then be valid for the promotional rebates.

Reaction score
So, I bought my new Macbook the 1st and if I bring it to the Apple store although I bought it online, they should be able to hook me up with this rebate? By the way I was just searching for an answer to this and I must say this forum is the place to go. Also, will I be able to keep my printer rebate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yes and yes. Take your reciept in and they should be able to sort it out for you so you can buy the iPod and then get the rebate.

Glad you like it here :)

Reaction score
I am an avid forum user, and wow this place is great. Thank you a bunch, you all made this really easy. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo 2GB Ram GMA X3100
So I'm looking at getting the 1,299 macbook. I'd be getting the $100 off that price and then I'd buy the ipod touch and get a rebate. How would I go about getting a free printer? I saw that some people had gotten one last year and was wondering if that was possible for this year's deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
ummm i remember seeing someone post that it only took 2 weeks cause they did it online. I believe online is much faster, and it would make sense if it was

Yea that was me, I did it with a printer when I bought one of my MBPs. Took 2 weeks give or take a day, I was actually really surprised on how fast it came.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
Well I bought my MBP on 6/9 and submitted my rebate online in the store. She Apple girl said probably 2 weeks.

Reaction score
So I'm looking at getting the 1,299 macbook. I'd be getting the $100 off that price and then I'd buy the ipod touch and get a rebate. How would I go about getting a free printer? I saw that some people had gotten one last year and was wondering if that was possible for this year's deal.

Yea the printer rebate is a different promotion but you can do it with the Ipod deal...Just make sure to buy the printer from Apple on the same rebate, along with the iPod, and then go about doing the rebate thing.

BTW This deal is not an education specific deal...But it's still sweet!

Reaction score
I've considered registering for a class at my local junior college to take advantage of this promotion. I've been wanting to buy an Imac for several months now and it would be nice to get an ipod for my wife or one of the kids.

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get an iPod classic from this promo? I already have a touch. I don't want an iPod Nano. And I don't want to pay even another $200 for another, higher memory touch (I have 16GB). I'd rather wait for the redesign.

But I really am interested in having an 80 or 160GB classic...Can I apply the rebate to the classic?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.