• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple's "Back to School" Promo to start June. 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
It was like that on other iPod offers I've seen before - and the printer one was a rebate wasn't it?

Let's see if we get the same thing over here in the UK.

Unfortunately last year it was the start of September before they started the UK version of the offer!

Reaction score
Boo Apple!!! I know, I know what I am about to say makes me sound like a nut but here it is... The one product I did not want Apple to offer for free was an Ipod Touch. I have an old skool Nano and it works fine. The Iphone and touch are pretty cool though and have a lot of extra features I like. I would never get an Iphone due to the fact Sprint takes care of me on my Treo service, but the Touch gives me everything else I could want. As a recent college grad who has a girl friend that can qualify for the promo offer, I will be getting a free touch with my first Mac in about 12 years. My plan was to get a free Video Ipod, sell it on Ebay and then apply that money to the overall amount I spent. This will no longer happen. Thanks Apple.

Reaction score
So how does this rebate work.. I go into the store right. Lets say i buy a macbook.. so i have to buy the ipod touch aswell.. How do i get my money back do i need some sort of code or something? Do they send me a check or cash..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
So how does this rebate work.. I go into the store right. Lets say i buy a macbook.. so i have to buy the ipod touch aswell.. How do i get my money back do i need some sort of code or something? Do they send me a check or cash..

It's a mail in rebate... I guess they won't send you cash.

You don't have to buy an ipod at all, so far as I can tell.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
It's a mail in rebate... I guess they won't send you cash.

You don't have to buy an ipod at all, so far as I can tell.

Actually you do have to buy the ipod. You buy the macbook at the same time as the ipod, then you have to send in for the rebate using the proofs of purchase off each box. Essentially you buy the ipod and they send you a rebate check back for the amount. I checked and you can also get the free printer as well as the free ipod. But again you have to have the money to pay for it up front, then you get it back.

Reaction score
Just spoke too an apple expert on the website and apparntly the offer is only for the US.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"Lets say i buy a macbook.. so i have to buy the ipod touch aswell.."

Nope, you don't have to if you don't want one. I'm sure Apple aren't forcing all their customers to have an iPod.

However, if you want a free one you do have to pay for it initially, yes.

Reaction score
Actually you do have to buy the ipod. You buy the macbook at the same time as the ipod, then you have to send in for the rebate using the proofs of purchase off each box. Essentially you buy the ipod and they send you a rebate check back for the amount. I checked and you can also get the free printer as well as the free ipod. But again you have to have the money to pay for it up front, then you get it back.

no you dont, you have the option of getting an ipod, but if you just want the macbook with the $200 off (for the mbp) then you can do that..

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
Yeah i know you can JUST buy the macbook with the normal education discount. I meant if you want the free iPod you have to pay for it up front, and that you can just take the $199 from the ipod and apply it to the macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
To clear things up, I would be getting the Macbook Pro with the education discount, do I get the 200 dollar education discount, and get the rebate check for the ipod for 300 dollars or w/e it is?

Zach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. You buy the macbook or macbook pro and the ipod, send in your rebate thing and get a cheque for whatever the ipod cost.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
right, but only the 8gb Touch and 8gb Nano. You can get a larger capacity Touch but, you have to pay the extra as you can only get up to a 299 dollar rebate. (199 dollars if you buy the nano) :p very confusing lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
A great deal if you ask me, specially if you were planning to buy a new mac anyhow.

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aye, i plan on taking full advantage of this. I'll probably get the nano since i already had an iPod Touch, sold it, and now have an iPod Classic. I'm gonna get the free printer too. Man i'm gonna walk out of that Apple Store with all kinds of goodies :)

Reaction score
you will have to pay for the ipod and waste money then after 8 weeks you get the rebate money back.. for me, not worth it.. i have a classic/nano

but i will use the 200 off :) if the ipod rebate was faster i would have gotten it

OP
iApple
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah im thinkin i may either sell the ipod and apply that money towards the price of the macbook or might just not get it at all... I will see how i feel when i get to the apple store lol. I just want my macbook already!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
that 300 dollars for me since im a 15 yr old teenager would make a big difference. Last year I saved up and used my sisters college account and got a imac and that money spent on the nano was a waste. I couldnt wait 8 weeks, and by the time that came, I forgot about the dang rebate check

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
I bought a macbook two years ago during the Back to School promotion. I walked out with a Macbook, iPod Nano, Printer, and Microsoft office. Man, I have to say I felt like a BAD A**. I had so much stuff I had to have my sister help me carry it all to the car. Its a good feeling, but I won't get to re-experience it this year since I have to buy my MBP online through my college.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
you will have to pay for the ipod and waste money then after 8 weeks you get the rebate money back.. for me, not worth it.. i have a classic/nano

but i will use the 200 off :) if the ipod rebate was faster i would have gotten it

Actually if you do it online, (I did it with my printer), you can get it in like 2 weeks. I was really surprised on how fast they did it.

Reaction score
i dont want to go and waste my money on that.. i rather take those $300 that i will have to spend with the new mbp to other use..
who here is going to use Bill-Me-Later? on his/her purchase of a new mac :)
they are alot more easy then visa! if you want to get credit for your purchase and are a student, i would first go with bill-me-later..
really easy and fast, just put in your name and last 4 ss numbers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.