Will you buy an iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
If the Apple TV hacks are any indication, this iPhone will be ripped to shreds by the unlocking hounds as soon as it's released.

As soon as they succeed, I WILL buy one from eBay. I'm not leaving T-Mobile. =)

Reaction score
I'm going to try and buy one, but I heard somewhere (don't know if it's true) that they're only making 4 million units.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Nope, battery life :(

Rem

Reaction score
I'd buy one, but I don't use and won't switch my family plan to ATT/Cingular. This makes me sad :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
If it does most of what they say it will, I think it will change the way we look at cellphones forever. I'm going to be standing in line with a wad of cash the morning they go on sale... :)

Same ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SR MBP 2.4Ghz 2GB RAM running a 30" ADC
I guess it depends on whether my options calls increase enough in value for me to afford one or not. In other words, the more of you that get it, the more likely I can get it. So go stand in line, people. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - 2GHz - 250 GB - OSX.4.9
Yes, I plan on buying the iPhone.

I am currently in the process of researching the most cost effective way to exit my Sprint contract and do the do.

Indeed...

Also, I am fully prepared to buy it, and then for Apple to improve it overnight and lower the price. I'm used to that happening.

But... I just don't care. I don't have a child or any expensive vices so I'm buying the 8GB and the gnarliest plan AT&T has.

;D Life is too short not to spend $2000 on a phone in the 1st year alone ;)

No, but I really am. And I'm being realistic about it all so I'm not too disappointed.

Oh and I'm selling my iPod in the Buying/Selling lounge if your interested.

peas&karats,

-LL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I would get the iphone if it was alittle cheaper and i refuse to go to Cingular (or AT&T, whatever its called now) From what i heard, Cingular doesnt have good service so why would i get a phone for $600 on a service were i can barely make calls?

Reaction score
I love this phone! I bought 1 for me but realized that wife wife was going to steal mine if I didn't get her one. Best. phone. ever.

Reaction score
I said "I don't know," mostly because I'm taking a "wait and see" attitude about the iPhone.

I don't really have a problem moving to AT&T, but I've got another year left on my Verizon plan.

I'd need an iPhone with a bigger hard drive capacity. 8 gigs just won't do it for me.

I'd need it to be opened up to 3rd party apps. There are some apps that I have on my Treo that I just don't want to go without.

If, in another year or two, those things are solved for the most part, I'll think about getting the 2nd or 3rd gen iPhone.

AJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I think the price is a little high and I can't stand Cingular.

I'll wait a few years until it's not exclusive any more and more reasonably priced. :)

Have a look at my post in iPhone forum there is a link to getting (soon) the iPhone unlocked:p

JRV

Reaction score
I'll be getting one once the bugs are worked out. I am in need of both a new cellphone and iPod so it only makes sense to buy the iPhone. I also like the lack of "physical" keys. It gives the software updates a lot more room to change things like buttons and additions of new features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
I have been waiting for one since around the time it was announced back then, but I can't get it because I'm in Singapore. Tentative release date in Asia: 2008, January (???)

Would keep my iPod though, as long as it's working. I used to quite dig digital camera + phone when I got my Nokia N73 almost a year ago, but right now... eh, what I wouldn't do to get them separately. Never even used the music player on my phone because I love my iPod too much anyway. All the songs are mainly for ringtones now. :\

Reaction score
yea I hate cingular also. I have verizon that would be the only way id buy it is if it was on my carrier. But it looks amazing and i want it pretty bad hahaha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Most likely, I'll buy. But I still don't know when. I'm really impressed with it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I have been waiting for one since around the time it was announced back then, but I can't get it because I'm in Singapore. Tentative release date in Asia: 2008, January (???)

Would keep my iPod though, as long as it's working. I used to quite dig digital camera + phone when I got my Nokia N73 almost a year ago, but right now... eh, what I wouldn't do to get them separately. Never even used the music player on my phone because I love my iPod too much anyway. All the songs are mainly for ringtones now. :\

January 2008 in Asia? I'm in Asia right now and I might stay until May 2008. My mom might get it for me by April 2008 if it's already released.. but that's a loooong time from now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
If I had the funds I would go out right now and get myself one but as things have it, I got two traffic tickets today

Reaction score
I'm going to pick one up tomorrow. I might even go with the 8gb version. I'm going to try it out and see how I like it. It is a bit on the expensive side.... few hundred more bux, I could get a macbook (which I don't need right now, but just trying to compare)

i got 14 days to decide so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I initially said no back when this thread was first active... I now think I'd love one, and yes I think I might even be tempted to leave 3 for the iPhone as long as the contract is not a rip-off and doesn't have a long lock-in.

Can I retract my vote and try again ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.