Will you buy an iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, G4 Powerbook
iPhone - a Newton for the new millennium?

Though Apple's iPhone's highfalutin'
Its really just - another Newton
Twice a failure, in sad retreat
Might iPhone, then, be Jobs' "three-peat"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Maybe, once they make them with 3G. EDGE just isn't enough to support a full browser. And I'd use that a lot on a smartphone. Battery life is a concern too - I usually go 4 or 5 days without charging my phone. I don't want to have to charge my phone every night.

Reaction score
I Don't Know if i'm going to be buying an iPhone, Hopefully Apple will release an iPod with The iPod Touch Controls, and possiblly internet communications built-in, like everything but the phone.. And I'd Buy That... But I Wonder when the iPhone will be released in Canada :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
If i can i will, they look truly amazing. And i don't even own an iPod as i was never that impressed by them. But this takes the biscuit...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lime Green iMac G3 64mb ram, 20gb hdd, 400mhz G3 processor
why does everyone hate cingular?

I had Cingular for 4 years, then recently switched to Sprint. I wish never did, Sprint has horrible customer service. The only reason I switched to Sprint because it was much cheaper, but lets put it this way I had buyer's remorse. I would still have Cingular if they weren't so exspensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Maybe, once they make them with 3G. EDGE just isn't enough to support a full browser.

Second that. How can you make a phone with full browser and not have the ability to take avantage of existing 3G networks?? Two words, planned obsolescence.

Darn greedy corporations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
It's definitely a wait and see bit for me. While I want one badly, I know better to wait. I waited for Ipod to get better, and now I'm happy with my 40G one, as opposed to those simple ones from a couple years back. Patience is a virtue my friends...

Now, if they'd only use Verizon... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Egh, it seems great but unfortunatley the whole touch screen keyboard for me is kind of a turn off I already have enough trouble using my gf's cherry chocolate which is only partially touch sensitive also I'm not a big fan of cingular not to mention I love T-mobiles service and my sideick is literally a dream to use plus and 500-600 bucks? egh lol

but hopefully someone I know will buy one and I'll get to play with it a bit lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
I guess it's cool but has a few downsides

1. scratches
2. size
3. cingular - i have verizon and that barely works where i live. tried cingular for a day. it sucked more. (i got soo attached to my sony ericsson)

if it goes to verizon i might consider it but seriously doubt it will. remember the rokr? now even more phones have itunes and still none with verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - little but full of spunk
I told Cingular the other day when I was cancelling one of my lines, that the only reason I wouldn't be cancelling the rest was because of the iPhone. I'm waiting a couple of months after it comes out though. I want to see what sort of issues people have with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66gHz, 5gb RAM
It's a nice looking phone but I won't be buying one

1) It's MUCH too expensive for what it offers
2) I would only use it as a phone anyway
3) At that price, it should have a built-in PALM/pocket PC, XM receiver and GPS. Then I wouldn't have to carry four electronics devices on my belt... pda, phone, XM MyFi and Garmin GPS. I could reduce my cargo weight by a significant amount. I'd pay their price for that combo.

I might consider it for $100 but not for what they want now. As I said, I'd only use it as a telephone.... no text messaging, internet, camera, etc.

Reaction score
Since I have a sliver with itunes and an ipod allready I doubt I will, it would be nice to have though for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
I'd get it if it worked with verizon...and they dropped the price a couple hundred dollars.. I already have a working phone and ipod already, so the iphone would just be a luxury I don't really need!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini 1.5GHz Intel Solo 60GB 512MB RAM
Yes, I'm going to buy one after about a year or so. I need an ipod, need a new phone, I hate my verizon cell, and ITS ONLY THE MOST AWESOMEST THING EVER!!!

Reaction score
If It Comes Out With Verizon Whats The Chances?

verizon?...it will never be available for verizon!----buhahahah:black: LOL
...but naugh seriously...i will be gettn the iphone...i'm already on cingular...and my contract ends in june...how blessed and ironic is that!

Reaction score
I almost definitely won't be buying a first generation. I'll leave that to people who are wealthy enough to ignore any bugs and see these things as more or less disposable.

I'm guessing one of two things will happen with the iPhone... 1. It will follow the same path as the iPod, quadrupling in storage capacity and greatly expanding capabilities while halving in price and size, making it an absolute must-own item, or 2. It won't sell well at all, and will eventually die out, but it's innovations will have a huge impact on the function and design of cell phones, wireless email devices and mp3 players for years to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
^^^
iawtc.

my contract with Cingular runs out in November and I guess by that time I'll have a good idea as to how the iPhone is working or not working. if it is going more towards your 1st suggestion, I'll get one...if the pathway leads to #2, then I'll just get a newer Razr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I would love to, but as I live in Brazil, and there's nothing announced for iPhone to work with one of our Cell Companies here......

Reaction score
If it does most of what they say it will, I think it will change the way we look at cellphones forever. I'm going to be standing in line with a wad of cash the morning they go on sale... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.