What you would add to the iPad?

C

chas_m

Yeah, still looking for any of the whiners in the other iPad threads to actually BUY a ModBook Pro ...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, I don't have to, nor will I admit anything.

Reaction score
You seemed to have a need to reply to my suggestion, so if you didn't have a valid statement to add to the discussion, why reply in the first place?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's already been said.

Is there really a need to drag all this out and continue repeating the same stuff all the talking heads have already said on both sides for the entire 60 days from the announcement until we can actually get one in our hands?

Then it'll be wash and repeat it all again.

Sorry, but like I said, I'm tired.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Good point Bob. Put a fork in this one... it's done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Multitasking! I can't wait to hear the rebuttal against this suggestion.

Multi-tasking comes in many various levels of complexity.
Are you after the level of multitasking that already comes with the ipod touch/iphone. Or are you after a OS X level of mult-tasking where you can have 15 apps all open at once all doing their own different task?

Multi-tasking to a degree already exists on the ipod touch/iphone and will exist in the ipad too. And really to me I think an OS X level of multi-touch is not needed. And really it's only a 1ghz chip. You can't expect a flawless OS X on a 1Ghz anything.

If you want OS X in an ipad, wait till that exists. If you are ok with it as it is buy it now. it's as simple as that.

And I am not rebutting your statement at all. I am just stating pure facts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Reaction score
Multi-tasking comes in many various levels of complexity.
Are you after the level of multitasking that already comes with the ipod touch/iphone. Or are you after a OS X level of mult-tasking where you can have 15 apps all open at once all doing their own different task?

Multi-tasking to a degree already exists on the ipod touch/iphone and will exist in the ipad too. And really to me I think an OS X level of multi-touch is not needed. And really it's only a 1ghz chip. You can't expect a flawless OS X on a 1Ghz anything.

If you want OS X in an ipad, wait till that exists. If you are ok with it as it is buy it now. it's as simple as that.

And I am not rebutting your statement at all. I am just stating pure facts.

I don't want the ability to run 15 applications at the same time. I want the ability to have the notepad open, and can easily flip over to the internet.

C

chas_m

I don't want the ability to run 15 applications at the same time. I want the ability to have the notepad open, and can easily flip over to the internet.

You know who has the power to make that happen?

YOU DO.

Download the SDK and get to work.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I know it's a battery life issue, but I would like to see the ability to use Airtunes to stream music from the iPad. For that matter I'd like to be able to stream Pandora etc from the iPad.

Reaction score
You know who has the power to make that happen?

YOU DO.

Download the SDK and get to work.

So now you're telling me if I want something done on a device I should use SDK (something I've never used before)? That's basically telling me if a phone doesn't feature a camera then I should take it apart and install one. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Have you ever used an iPod touch or an iPhone? You can do that now. If you're in the Notes applications and want to switch to Safari, just tap the Home button then tap on the Safari icon. The last page you visited will be on the screen. Do what you want in Safari and then switch back to Notes. The last note you had up will be what you see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know it's a battery life issue, but I would like to see the ability to use Airtunes to stream music from the iPad. For that matter I'd like to be able to stream Pandora etc from the iPad.

Seeing as how Pandora is an application available in the App Store, there's nothing stopping you from doing that on the iPad as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Now to get back on topic.

I would like Apple to trademark the word Application and it's shortened form App when used in the computer world. And their App store on the ipad would actually be the App™ Store instead.

Why would i say this?

Well back in the day when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth (late 80's and early 90's) Apple had it's computers and it's Applications. And Windows had it's Programs. Same thing in essence but only ever did Apple call their programs, Apps. Fast forward to 2010, and all of a sudden I'm seeing every man and his dog. Be is MS and their windows, a blackberry maker and it's online blackberry store, heck even various Linux builds all call their programs, Apps.

Heck I ecen saw the latest blackberry ad on TV and on the ad is said a lot about it's own App store. My my once Apple's term "Application" became really popular, then now all of a sudden everone wants to be seen to be hip and trendy and use the word too.

I say bugger off, Apple coined the term Application when used in this way and the rest can go and invent their word for them and stop copying Apple all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, now that it's being used as common parlance, it would be impossible for Apple to trademark it now since the term has essentially become generic. Also, if you want to show that you have a registered trademark, you would put a little circled R after App and not TM, which merely indicates that you THINK you have a trademark.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Seeing as how Pandora is an application available in the App Store, there's nothing stopping you from doing that on the iPad as well
The problem, unless there's a way to do it that I don't know about, is you can't stream from the iPhone using Airtunes (and presumably not with the iPad if if has similar functionality). Airtunes only supports streaming from desktop and laptops Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
OK OK OK I know I shouldnt do this , I know its wrong to feed the trolls and I know that by posting this it will just all start over but....I just cant help myselfO:)

Hints of video chat for iPhones and iPads

is there such a thing as reverse trolling ? If so I may be guilty of it.

Let the games begin.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.