• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Gather Inn

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
So £1.25. For the first time in my life I have an economical car (Mazda2, @50mpg) and luckily don't have to do too much driving. I live on Tyneside with a good Metro system - only 200 metres from nearest station and that gets me in to the centre of Newcastle in 25 minutes.

Monkseaton Station is part of the original Victorian rail network (as are others at the coast) so we have the cast iron pillars and arches, plus a pub opened in one of the buildings and is aptly named the Left Luggage Room (pix 1-3). I like that original buildings are repurposed rather than allowed to decay: next one, Whitley Bay, has cafés/wine bar, Cullercoats has shops and Tynemouth, three stops away, has a restauratnt, a pub and some offices. There's an art/craft/vintage/street food market on the platforms every Sat/Sun throughout the year which is a big draw for locals and tourists. Last photo is my dog hoping he will get a bit of sausage sandwich!
Lovely...almost makes you want to go public transit.

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
we have a '19 Toyota rav4 awd we got the summer before the pandemic. I had wanted at the time to go hybrid but was outvoted at the time, but we'll trade when the time is right and there's better inventory. But we aren't driving much at the moment. I think I just crossed 6k on this thing because of the pandemic it's barely broken in. But for it's size, it get amazing gas mileage.
Groove, we have a 2018 Chevy Volt....a range extender ...so I get 100kms on straight electric then the range kicks in and I get 500kms more. Great city car and I seldom have to use the gas..... and I charge it just running normal household power.....but an L2 would be nice for quick charge. And as for breaking it in...I’ve only got 19,000kms on it.

Last edited:
OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Well that was interesting.....Leafs were really clobbered last night.....ouch!

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
It’s Yard Sale season here....got a fabulous deal yesterday...400 CDs for $20....and many have never been opened....I’m in heaven!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
This pretty much sums up the plight of a leafs fan here.

Attachments

• EE8D95E3-9CF2-432B-9B7B-9E7C3D436855.jpeg
    EE8D95E3-9CF2-432B-9B7B-9E7C3D436855.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was 2 years old the last time they won the Stanley cup. Now you know my age ;)

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
I was 2 years old the last time they won the Stanley cup. Now you know my age ;)
Well I was 16, and I still wear my old sweater…will get a new one when they win…..so I will probably be buried in my old one…….

Last edited:
OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Morning all. Somewhat sunny here in Windsor today with temps running to 24c... or as I like to say BBQ weather.

It’s movie day for us today so it’s off to see Doctor Strange.

Our thought for the day.....I think many of us have done this....
EF5E4438-E028-407E-BF43-2DD6064D0483.jpeg

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
DOWN AT THE RETIREMENT CENTRE

80-year old Bessie bursts into the rec room at the retirement home.
She holds her clenched fist in the air and announces,
"Anyone who can guess what's in my hand can have sex with me tonight!!"
An elderly gentleman in the rear shouts out,
"An elephant?"

Bessie thinks a minute and says,
"Close enough."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
"I said I had a sore throat, not earache".

Definitely signs of a doctor's training and influence there... ;)

- Patrick
=======

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Morning all....coffee’s on, we have our Rp’s Redeye on today to give you a jolt, served with warm cinnamon rolls.... yum!

Went and saw the newest Dr. Strange movie......one might saw it was the ultimate “Mother’s Day” film....the title certainly tells the story.

Would actually rate it as “fair”....but for the fans I would bet it would have a much higher rating....and there were many in the theatre yesterday for the 2.30pm show.

Leafs won last night...we’re lucky to recover, but the third period alone would have been worth the price of admission....one to go in this round.

And our thought for the day...we need to take care in our perspective, it’s influence can consume us.

4838B568-6C39-4BB3-8A31-A02FEFEEB9AF.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My meme still stands :) Though I was surprised to see the leafs swing back. But you know... how many times they've given leaf fans hope...

Good meme rp. I may steal that.

OP
rps

rps

Reaction score
Morning all. Was busy yesterday, new TV arrived and the instruction manual isn’t the size of War and Peace....thank goodness.

Will be finishing mowing the lawn, again!.... will hit 31c today ...there is a movement here called No Mow May...the idea is not to mow the lawns, nor kill the Dandelions, as these help the bee population...I can agree with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
there is a movement here called No Mow May...the idea is not to mow the lawns, nor kill the Dandelions, as these help the bee population...I can agree with this.

That sounds like an excellent idea, also a mas of Dandelions can look very pretty and add some nice spring colour.

Lots of folks seem to enjoy the leaves in their salads as well.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
That sounds like an excellent idea, also a mas of Dandelions can look very pretty and add some nice spring colour.

Lots of folks seem to enjoy the leaves in their salads as well.

- Patrick
=======
Alas Patrick ... if only more weeds were edible ...........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.