• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Santa Rosa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
wait for Santa Rosa, before switching or not? if so how long, i heard release was in may, but what does that equate to, when will they actually release them in laptops?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
wait for Santa Rosa, before switching or not? if so how long, i heard release was in may, but what does that equate to, when will they actually release them in laptops?

santa rosa?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
yeah what is Santa Rosa???

Did u by any remote chance mean Leopard?!!

Thats a long stretch tho :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
i had heard possibly october for the chipset. Nothing definite yet though, was rumored to be around the release of leopard.

Reaction score
Since Leopard is being released in October, I'd imagine there is a 50/50 chance it will be with Santa Rosa.

However, on never knows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The code-name Santa Rosa refers to the fourth-generation Centrino platform, scheduled for release in May 2007.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | Black | 2.16gHz | 2gb ram | 160 HDD
i mean the chipset, yea i just read that it releases on may 9th, so expect mbp to release within weeks and macbook to be released a few weeks after the mbp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is what I hate about the switch to Intel. These silly obsessions have invaded the Mac community. Intels marketing machine did a bang up job on the consumer in the 90s and these people can't seem to ween themselves off the teet....

bowdown.gif
Intel!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
These silly obsessions have invaded the Mac community.
Silly observations have always been a part of the Mac community, they are what fuel the rumor machines.
The changeover to Intel only means that there will be even more rumors and unsubstantiated prognostications about what Apple will do.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Silly observations? Yes, Silly Obsessions, and this is TRUELY an obsession for many, maybe. But it's one more obsession we don't need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Silly observations? Yes, Silly Obsessions, and this is TRUELY an obsession for many, maybe. But it's one more obsession we don't need.

What does it matter? Tracking technology is a hobby for some people.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

Actually I've never been this way until I started looking at getting a Mac. I was content to just go and buy my MBP on my birthday, but the more I read on the forums, the more I read about analyzing Apple release schedules for hardware. I found buyers guides, and prediction websites, and people who keep telling me _not_ to buy right now because any day some new version is going to be released.

So now I'm completely paranoid about buying my MBP because I'm afraid I'm going to buy it and 2 days later someone is going to announce that Apple is releasing the next MBP version which will have all sorts of goodies. If I was still buying PCs I'd never have even thought about all this. lol

Reaction score
Tracking technology is all right, it's fun, but building your life and computer buying decisions around rumors that won't yield any productive results for you right aways is pure obsession and stupidity.

The "Santa Rosa" chip won't make my term papaer any better than me writing it on my G5, will it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
...and what does it matter that they release a new computer 2 days after you buy yours?

Is it still not a great computer?

I don't get it.

Reaction score
yes... still great computers... but everyone knows that we all want the next step up... even though within months of everybody buying the "santa rosa" or whatever the next upgrade is... something new will come out...

we wait for the next upgrade .. then something else comes out... we wait for two upgrades and something else comes out...

it doesnt matter when you buy... within 6 months something else will come out thats a little better... sometimes unnoticeable

Reaction score
Yes, it's still a great computer. But obviously if the release may be on the upcoming month or something why buy when something new is about to come out? I understand his point of view since I'm in the same league as him... I am waiting, because I not only want Santa Rosa and hopefully GMAx3000 for the macbook as well as (hopefully) a redesign and more usb ports etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Exactly. Yes it's still a great computer, but if the next release has a better video card, or a faster FSB, or improved xyz, I may want that. I love my gaming, and performance is always important for that. If waiting two days makes a difference, then it makes sense to wait, however I'm not going to wait two months. It's just a matter of trying to determine what makes most sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
It's the same situation with cars - everyone buys a car knowing the model will be replaced within two years. And who cares what chipset is in it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
It's the same situation with cars - everyone buys a car knowing the model will be replaced within two years. And who cares what chipset is in it?

Geeks. lol. And I'm a big geek. But like you said, obviously I'm not going to wait two years to buy a new car, but what if it was only a month? or two weeks until that new car model was released. Sure a lot of people don't care, and that's fine, but some of us do. We're just trying to make sure we make smart purchases.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
How smart of purchase is it if u are gonna end up with the same problem??!

Like it was mentioned previously, What happens after Sanata Rosa's release in Macbook, 2-month later something new will pop up. Now are u gonna hold ur breath for those 2 month to get the better upgrade!

Its a crazy Cycle, and it never ends.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.