Macbook air running out of space.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
hoody, just generally speaking with a new macOS like Catalina you may be better off downloading new copies of the apps you need from their source or developer. That way you will ensure they are compatible (64bit versions) and where they require installers that all of the parts go in the right places with the right permissions. I did a "clean" instal of Catalina on my 2015 MBP. ie. I erased my HD, installed Catalina OS, added my email accounts, documents, music and photos from backup and downloaded fresh copies of all my apps from the App Store and or developer's sites using my CCC backup as a "shopping list". That is, I just plugged in the drive opened it and looked in the Applications folder to see what I originally had. It's also handy for the developer's name, web site links etc.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory now has 16GB. + macbook
Thanks Rod,
As Ian and krs said this is probably not an apple problem. I'm already on the JMRI forums so I'll keep making a nuisance of myself there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.