• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Joke of the Day (Warning some jokes may cause laughter)!!! : )

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We probably don't want to see Jerry's next picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Do you suppose they actually meant John McClane??? I believe the name spelling is different.

Otherwise it makes no sense to me and I don't even follow the series... ;-)

Aha! I knew the spelling didn't look quite right. Facebook memes... what can I say? 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aha! I knew the spelling didn't look quite right. Facebook memes... what can I say? 🤷‍♂️

You are lucky you didn't post it to a Facebook page is as I did the other day with an image and an erroneous expression which I had forwarded from a different Facebook Page to my own, and I received this along with the posted image in an email and neither ever got posted to my Facebook page:
Screen Shot.png

Amazing what their policing sleuths are checking I guess. ;-)

For those who might be curious, here's the image I posted with my comment that interestingly I had forwarded it from a Facebook page to my own shared FB page:

Screen Shot 1.png

I think their proofreaders missed the poster's comment on this one that I used for reposting.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You are lucky you didn't post it to a Facebook page is as I did the other day with an image and an erroneous expression which I had forwarded from a different Facebook Page to my own, and I received this along with the posted image in an email and neither ever got posted to my Facebook page:
View attachment 37417

Amazing what their policing sleuths are checking I guess. ;-)

For those who might be curious, here's the image I posted with my comment that interestingly I had forwarded it from a Facebook page to my own shared FB page:

View attachment 37418

I think their proofreaders missed the poster's comment on this one that I used for reposting.

Uh. Ok. I'm actually trying to understand what the photo has to do with cell phones and radiation, but I got nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uh. Ok. I'm actually trying to understand what the photo has to do with cell phones and radiation, but I got nothing.

Don't worry about it, it's just a screenshot from an old YouTube type video that shows some popcorn kernels apparently popping as the group of people call and get all phone's ringing at the same time.
I guess they were trying to make a demonstration of the reaction from the radiation from the cell phone when rigging can pop popcorn.
Like the scare stories that cell phone users were going to fry their brain from the radiation they produced when in use back when...

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Looks like virtual popcorn to me Patrick :confused:

Anyway, it's all EMF and SMBO says that's dangerous so our wifi is switched off and all is connected via ethernet :rolleyes: Well apart from the printer and that uses wifi direct.

Some you win? :beathorse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyway, it's all EMF and SMBO says that's dangerous so our wifi is switched off and all is connected via ethernet :rolleyes: Well apart from the printer and that uses wifi direct.

Gee, I guess we are much luckier here in Canada as they seem to have all the dangerous EMF Wireless sources under control and regulated:

I thought the UK also had it all under control as well. ;)

But your SMBO may want to give serious consideration to switching and only using Wireless Bras and you may want to avoid using any metal protection in your jockstraps. ;)

Both can act as antennas around those personal areas with unknown effects, except for the fact that using Wireless bras can help prevent breasts from sagging which apparently comes with age among other things.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you think that a TV Bra would be OK Patrick :cautious: I don't think that she has a wireless one because when we listen to the wireless we have to have the one on in the kitchen :unsure: and that wouldn't stop anything sagging. But I have to admit that I haven't been able to keep a breast with the new technology

I have to admit that I thought that things only went with age and with me, now that I know what it's all for it's either worn out or fallen off :oops:

Not everyone agrees with wifi not being damaging though

Reduce Your EMF Exposure​

A 7,727% rise in fibromyalgia and 11,027% jump in chronic fatigue. A whopping 10,833% increase in youth bipolar diagnoses. Even a 430% rise in sleep apnea, all since 1990. What's going on?​

Exposure to microwave radiation from baby monitors, cellphones, cordless phones, Wi-Fi routers, smart meters and other wireless devices causes serious mitochondrial dysfunction due to free radical damage
  • Excessive free radicals triggered by microwave exposure from wireless technologies have been linked to anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, au…

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.