Is anyone sorry that they switched?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Yep, I regret it.

I can't really webcam with my husband in Iraq - which was the problem with our old comp. as well, and this switch has stuck us with Yahoo for our only choice and yahoo sucks.

A lot of programs that say they'll run on Mac's don't run at all (partial function) - or have such serious problems because their programmers aren't up with Mac, they're still stuck to Win.

I switched partly because I had a lot of problems with Win - that I heard I wouldn't have with Mac. But I do.
Programs lock up, everything costs extra money, you cannot use "just that one Win program" like they falsely advertise you can, and on an on the list goes.

I like the way the Mac is setup - and if it didn't have all of those issues I wouldn't be saing up money, right now, to buy a pos Win based comp - maybe a dell.
Sell - I'm buying a KING OF THE MY LITTLE PONIES dell because they're cheap.

Guaranteed to have the same problems, sure - but at least I'll actually be able to "use just that one win program" and webcam with my husband using a program that doesnt suck.

My mini makes a cute little desktop paperweight.
But it's such a slow pos I don't know if I'm going to use it at all.

It sounds to me like you need to pack them mac's up and send them back to where you got them from and buy yourself a PC.. are you sure all these issues you are having with your mac's are not just ID ten T errors?

Reaction score
The only thing I regret about making the switch to Mac from Windows were two things, 1. Finding programs in the Mac that are similar to Windows programs and 2. That I didn't switch earlier

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The only thing I regret about making the switch to Mac from Windows were two things, 1. Finding programs in the Mac that are similar to Windows programs and 2. That I didn't switch earlier

Welcome to Mac-Forums scuba4ever!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G3 iMac 400Mhz, 512Mb RAM,10GB HDD
I've had a really great switch... All my programs that I used on Windows I have the same exact programs for Mac... Actually, I couldn't find a nice version of AIM, so I used something better (that came with it) iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
It sounds to me like you need to pack them mac's up and send them back to where you got them from and buy yourself a PC.. are you sure all these issues you are having with your mac's are not just ID ten T errors?

Ouch.

Personally, I don't regret switching one bit.

One thing I do regret is coming to mac-forums soon after I switched, and mouthing off to the admins. :bone: I don't even remember what it was all about...but I still have the negative reputation to show for it. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
I must admit that's the one thing that annoys me, the webcam! it's so slow when i use it with mercury messenger and is not really worth bothering with :(

any tips to speed it up would be great, if there are any!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
Switching to the Mac was the best thing I ever did. I still have my old Gateway, and once in a while I fire it up for updates. Invariably, some error message pops up and I quickly return to my Mac to maintain my sanity. I was happy to find 'Reunion' to replace 'Family Tree Maker' for my genealogy, but I still use the PC to make greeting cards. As yet, I have found no Mac card program as good as 'Hallmark Card Studio' for PC. I doubt that I will ever go back to the constant frustration of the PC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
It's been 3 months of sheer pleasure for me with my new imac. I loved my pc's too but this is so much better! I'll never have any regret for making the decision to switch.:D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I can't say that I've never had any problems, but you do need to keep an open mind and realize that no OS is perfect. It takes time to learn the ins and outs and find programs that suit your needs. It does take a willingness to try new things and a good deal of patience.

Even still, I find the Mac to be a joy to use and can't imagine giving it up.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yep, I regret it.

I can't really webcam with my husband in Iraq - which was the problem with our old comp. as well, and this switch has stuck us with Yahoo for our only choice and yahoo sucks.

A lot of programs that say they'll run on Mac's don't run at all (partial function) - or have such serious problems because their programmers aren't up with Mac, they're still stuck to Win.

I switched partly because I had a lot of problems with Win - that I heard I wouldn't have with Mac. But I do.
Programs lock up, everything costs extra money, you cannot use "just that one Win program" like they falsely advertise you can, and on an on the list goes.

I like the way the Mac is setup - and if it didn't have all of those issues I wouldn't be saing up money, right now, to buy a pos Win based comp - maybe a dell.

Guaranteed to have the same problems, sure - but at least I'll actually be able to "use just that one win program" and webcam with my husband using a program that doesnt suck.

Sounds like you need to start up another thread so that we can help sort out your problems. None of these things appears to be insurmountable on the surface.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep, I regret it.

I think you need to take it back to the store and get yourself a Windows box. It looks like you will never accept the Mac for what it is, how it works, its differences. And it doesn't seem like you're open to suggestions or help from us.

Reaction score
Silverfroth if you post about your problems I'm sure the very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum will sort your Mac problems out.

I'm using a G4 mini that runs Logic, FCP, Adobe CS3 with little to no problems. Your issues seem minor compared to what I throw at my Mac. An open mind all round usually helps.

Reaction score
Yep, I regret it.

I'll give you $100 for it right now. PM me. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Wow, I can't believe i was actually able to fit Minesweeper into my Dashboard. That thing is getting so crowded now.

OMG, I can barely see it behind the Dashboard, but it looks like you've customized the look of your menubar. How did you do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I think you need to take it back to the store and get yourself a Windows box. It looks like you will never accept the Mac for what it is, how it works, its differences. And it doesn't seem like you're open to suggestions or help from us.

Yeah, I think the same here. Maybe you would enjoy more if you switched back to PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
No way am I regretting that I switched. Man, the Mac is SWEET!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
The first couple of months are good but it is when you start finding the things that don't work with the Mac, like MTV Overdrive http://www.mtv.co.uk/overdrive "This site is not supported on Macs because the WMV Player for Mac does not support Windows DRM". I goto Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail and Safari isn't supported with the Beta versions. I goto the Tesco website and the store locator doesn't work with the browser...I try Opera, I try FireFox neither of which work. I know this isn't Apple's fault, but these are big companies that should work with the standards...even Google Calendars doesn't support Opera.

I just really wish web developers got their acts together because it is all very well saying use Internet Explorer, but I don't want to use that piece of junk even if you paid me.

Apart from that I have no problems with the Mac and love it a lot more than my Windows PC, although my Windows PC has done me well over the years so the MacBook has got to stand the test of time.

M

MacHeadCase

The first couple of months are good but it is when you start finding the things that don't work with the Mac, like MTV Overdrive http://www.mtv.co.uk/overdrive "This site is not supported on Macs because the WMV Player for Mac does not support Windows DRM". I goto Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail and Safari isn't supported with the Beta versions. I goto the Tesco website and the store locator doesn't work with the browser...I try Opera, I try FireFox neither of which work. I know this isn't Apple's fault, but these are big companies that should work with the standards...even Google Calendars doesn't support Opera.

I just really wish web developers got their acts together because it is all very well saying use Internet Explorer, but I don't want to use that piece of junk even if you paid me.

Apart from that I have no problems with the Mac and love it a lot more than my Windows PC, although my Windows PC has done me well over the years so the MacBook has got to stand the test of time.

The only thing we can do as Mac users is to complain to the website. If there are enough complaints maybe they'll change something or change web developer.

I've come to the conclusion that if a certain website doesn't care about a person using a Mac, I don't care about the website. No one is going to deny my right to choose the computer platform I want to use and if they want to say I don't exist or have no right to use a Mac or that it's wrong to use one, I won't loose my time with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Only that I cannot justify spending the cash on a 30" cinema display

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.