Is anyone sorry that they switched?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
just things like that really. I guess it's something to get used too and I really should make more of an effort to work through the issues rather than having a little rant about it.

:)

Exactly. It's different, it's not supposed to be just like Windows. I always recommend to anyone who's considering a Mac that they first decide whether they're ready to learn new ways of doing things. We have a lot of folks who come here saying "Why doesn't it work like Windows?" - and that is precisely the problem - it isn't Windows. Some people just don't like change - and it's those folks who should not switch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
I see all these stories of happy switchers on this forum. Is anyone sorry that they switched and wished they had stayed with their pc"s:confused:

Not at all, i had been a PC user for 21 years, a week after I switched to Mac I decided i'd never go back to PC.

Reaction score
I bought a MacBook Pro (17") two months ago and have not been happy with the product or support. If I have anything plugged in besides power, and I re-start, I get the grey screen of death - kernel panic - and have to hard re-boot, unplugging everything. Every time I've called support, they've lost all my previous 'protection plan' info which I've registered, and they have to spend lengthy times (from India) trying to figure out if I'm eligible for support (last time, this wait was an hour - the support itself never began; after an hour I gave up). I have now registered all my personal and product info with them four times. My experience has NOT been like the 'it just works' Mac commercials.
I know some people have had good product experiences ... mine has not been.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I'm sorry that I switched! I'm getting the Blue Screen of Death all the time, my programs keep crashing, I'm getting viruses!

Wait...I got mixed up between OS X and Windows.

I bought a MacBook Pro (17") two months ago and have not been happy with the product or support. If I have anything plugged in besides power, and I re-start, I get the grey screen of death - kernel panic - and have to hard re-boot, unplugging everything. Every time I've called support, they've lost all my previous 'protection plan' info which I've registered, and they have to spend lengthy times (from India) trying to figure out if I'm eligible for support (last time, this wait was an hour - the support itself never began; after an hour I gave up). I have now registered all my personal and product info with them four times. My experience has NOT been like the 'it just works' Mac commercials.
I know some people have had good product experiences ... mine has not been.

Holy expletive! Take that to an Apple Store. That is a SERIOUS ERROR.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
I agree, English is the most illogical, poorly constructed and ambiguous language on the planet and one of the hardest to learn unless it is all you have ever known.

Amen-Moses

[OT]
Try learning Russian... With over 40 ways to reform the word "bad" (плохо) -- and, indeed, almost every spoken word -- depending on gender, case, and tense, it makes my head spin.

For most of my friends here in Russia that study languages, they generally consider English to be amongst the easiest. (And in case you're interested, they often opine that German is the most difficult foreign language for a Russian tongue.)
[/OT]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
I'm learning. Tonight I learned that an xserve hangs on reboot if it doesn't have a keyboard plugged in. Nothing like a late night trip to the office.

iwas thinking of becoming an IT but i've changed my mind..i wonder why!?and Mr.IT did you know every windows machine dont start if there isnt a keyboard plugged in,not just servers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well english isnt hard at all...actually the fact is this,chinese is the hardest language on the planet,then turkish is the second (because these two are adding at the bottom laguages e.g lets talk about the word friend=arkadaş in turkish..when u say my friends=arkadaşlarım see the difference??)about switching i've been using windows since 3.1 i was charmed when i first saw minesweeper on 3.1 but after i've started using iTunes i've decided to buy a mac..and here i am waiting it to arrive:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTunes was the reason? Are you serious? Everybody says the Windows version sucks.

infact iTunes wasnt the whole reason,and i dont think there is a difference between windows or osx versions,the main reason was my first iPod mini,then my new iPod video..and u know i just like the menus on iTunes and the simplicity,and if u know iTunes u know mac!:)
its from the apples pages to make poeple feel like they know macs:)lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.