I Have Mac Driver For Belkin Usb Wireless N Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaa

Reaction score
It works!

Thanks Totallybonkers, it's fast and easy, just as I like it.

So everbody else, don't hesitate and install the drivers.

Cheers!

Rat

Reaction score
Thanks to Totallybonkers.

Thanks to Totallybonkers I am anchored out here in the San Francisco Bay and am writing this connected by way of a Belkin F5D8053 USB dongle with the Leopard (10.5.5) driver that Totallybonkers was so kind as to send me, along with complete instructions and tips. Super helpful.
I was up and running in 10 minutes.

And, after all these months, he still wants to help people make their Belkins work. Totallybonkers deserves an award!

Thanks again for your time and help.

Rat
Running 10.5.5

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.2f10

Reaction score
Hi Totallybonkers, i would need a driver for my Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter. My Product ID: 0x815c and my Vendor ID: 0x050d.

Thanks so much in advance!! :Smirk:

Reaction score
Thank you totallybonkers. You are extraordinarily helpful & I've never seen my macbook pro with these sort of wireless speeds.

Reaction score
one other small thing -- the bandwidth is listed at 20mhz, is there any way to take advantage of the 40mhz capabilities of the belkin n device on a mac?

best,
harrison

Reaction score
Belkin USB N Wireless Adapter Drivers - Many thanks Daniel!

A quick post to let everyone know that Daniel's still out there helping folks such as myself with the drivers for this piece of kit.

He's one of the good guys and pinged me an e-mail with the drivers the next day after I e-mailed him.

Here's my spec:

1.5 GHz PowerPC G4 12"
OS X: version 10.4.11

Very happy to report that the drivers were nice and easy to install and I'm back up and online running again.

Thanks again to Totally Bonkers!

Best,

PG

Reaction score
A small message of France to thank Daniel for its speed and skill in solving problems. It has become very rare for a person to be as helpful nowadays and free. Again thank you for all your advice that finally allowed me to run this adapter.

Daniel V.

Reaction score
Thanks from Portugal

Got the drivers!

Got them working!

Daniel rules!

Reaction score
Thank you very much! The driver and the instructions you gave were flawless.

iBook G4 1.2GHz (PowerPC)
768mb

Mac OSX 10.5.4 (Leopard)

Just a question though. I have the iBook setup as basically a desktop (external monitor etc.). Do you think it would be better to keep the iBook from going into sleep mode and just leave it running? From my experience, it reconnects to the adapter most of the time, but I've already had a couple of occasions where a reboot was required to get it function again. I mean, it would connect to the adapter after the suggestions you gave me, but sometimes Internet wouldn't work until the system rebooted. This seems to be related to the sleep mode.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
It works great

Thanks Daniel, install is easy and driver works perfect.

Reaction score
regarding link for drivers - BELKIN F5D8053 wireless N for MAC os X

i was trying to find a link- but I have not come to see one- is there a need to host the driver for download!!!?
or is there not really one available!?!?
this seems to be the only source of search google for this topic

MACfromScrap:Shouting: not really!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.