I Have Mac Driver For Belkin Usb Wireless N Dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Great Help

Thank you so much for your help with my Emac, even though it didnt work because I have USB 1.1 Daniel was very fast with emails and instructions were easy to follow. This Guy will do his best to help you and you will get the drivers within the next hour of emailing him. Thank you again Daniel for your help!!!

Jamie (New Zealand)

Reaction score
Cheers

Cheers Daniel.
This works like a charm on my system which is...
1.25 GHz Power PC G4
256 MB DDR SD RAM
running on OSX 10.4.11

Set up in minutes as well.

Reaction score
F5D7050 version 5000 drivers for 10.3.9?

I heard that I could use the F5D7050 version 5000 as an airport alternative for my G4 running 10.3.9. so I bought one for a mere $35 (pretty good deal concidering te Mac alternative is $140. System profiler detects it so I'm okay on that front, but I've tried downloading the drivers of the Belkin site, no luck. Called Belkin Tech Support...no luck. I even called my service provider and Mac....noooooooooo lucksky.
I'm currently looking for the chipset to see if I have any luck going that route but so far, nothing.
If anyone has any suggestions/answers it would be greatly appreciated.
:Grimmace:

OP
T
Reaction score
Driver Search for F5D 7050 Wireless G Adapter.

There are many different versions of that adapter. Different versions use different chipsets. I think the Belkin F5D7050 v.5000 may use a Realtek RTL8187B chipset. Don't quote me on that though. I hope you can find a Mac driver for it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Requests for Belkin F5D 8053 Driver

Please don't private message me. I'll probably miss it. I don't check these often.
If you need the driver for your Belkin F5D 8053 wireless N adapter, send me your PID and VID. Information on how to find this has been posted on this thread a couple of times already so I won't post it again. Once you have found your PID/VID send it to me at totallybonkers_@ hotmail.com. (Don't forget the underscore.)
I'll do my best to help you.
Daniel aka totallybonkers

Reaction score
thank you daniel the ralink driver solved my problem with the belkin dongle.works well on my quicksilver. could not have done this without your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Quicksilver Dual 1ghz 10.5.4, Mac Mini G4 10.4.11, iPod 60gb gen4, + 60gb gen5, iPhone G3 16gb
Just found this forum and this information.

I returned my dongle to the reseller last week as I could not get it to work. This due to the windows only config disk included in the product box. Even though they were told I wanted it for a Mac. But they took it back.

Now I am going to have to go and buy it again and get in touch with Daniel for the drivers.

It is a sexy product and will fulfill the needs I have for my MacMini, then it can link to my AirPort Extreme.

I really wish I had seen this thread before......

I'll be back ...... (I think someone already said that)

Steve

Reaction score
In-Freakin-Credible

Wasted almost a day trying to get this working myself before swallowing my pride and asking for help...

Totallybonkers responded to my request in less than an hour!

He was right on the money with instructions...after reboot device still wasn't detected, unplug and replug with belkin utility running...magic.

Thanks soooo much!

OP
T
Reaction score
Usb 1.1 Update

I hope some of you with USB 1.1 find this information helpful.
So.... I've recently bought an old G3 Clamshell iBook as a slug around web surfer/jukebox. To me they're cool and classic. It came with OS 9, 64MB RAM, and most importantly for this conversation, no airport card. So began the project to make this a viable surfer/jukebox. Couldn't change the PPC 366Mhz of course, did a firmware update, added 512MB to the 64MB onboard for 576MB RAM, added an old 80Gig 5400RPM hard drive. Installed Tiger 10.4.11
Ok so far so good..
It has one USB 1.1 port. So I thought the Belkin would be a waste on this set up and set out to find a cheaper solution. I bought a D-Link DWL-G122. Very cheap. (the old adage you get what you pay for comes to mind.) Then I spent two days trying to get it to work consistently. When it worked it worked ok. But if you stopped browsing for a more than 20 seconds or so it would become unresponsive or drop the signal. I tried a number of different things and spent way too many hours on it. No luck. Very intermittent and buggy. So stay away from the D-Link DWL-G122 as far as Macs go. Maybe it's different for PCs. (This is just my story. Maybe others have had better success).
Anyhow, just for kicks I thought I would plug in my Belkin F5D 8053. I really expected the USB 1.1 to slow things down and that it would be something like the days of 56K modems. But surprisingly, it's fairly fast. Definitely not N speeds. Maybe even ever so slightly slower than G. But pages display with a very brief delay. Often less than two seconds. Downloads are a little slower than G speeds but not that much slower really. All in all it's not that noticeable when surfing and if your just downloading a small file like a song and not a movie. This old clunker doesn't do well with video really anyways. But you get my meaning.
Now it is important to note two older USB speeds. One is slow USB 1.0 and "high speed" USB 1.1
I told a few people with 1.0 USB ports that this probably wouldn't work well for them. I still feel that it would be painfully slow and clunky for them but might work. (Uncertain, can't test) Till now I didn't have a MAC with a USB 1.1 port to test it on and was surprised by the result. It made sense to me that the slower usb port would be a major bottle neck. It does slow things down a little but my connection is rock solid and surfing is just fine. So if you are looking for a sure thing for your Mac with 1.1 USB max out your ram and get the Belkin F5D 8053. *Maxing out your ram may not be necessary but it will increase performance and help you all around.

Reaction score
A mighty thanks to Daniel

Folks,

As an army of thankful compatriots have mentioned, Daniel's the man when you need the Mac drivers for the Belkin USB Adapter. My G4 is up and running and actually getting better signal than my MacBook Pro right next to it.

He responded quickly and was extremely thorough in his guidance.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Thanks Daniel

I emailed Daniel this morning and had a reply when I got home from work. Very easy to get set up, works great.
I am using an iBook G4.

Thanks
Joe C

Reaction score
Problem with N dongle at work

Daniel, again thanks for the driver. At home it works great with my Belkin N1 Vision router. At work I am having trouble connecting to a public internet access, perhaps some one can help me. In the site survey tab of the Belkin Wireless Utility I have made a good connection the network, authentication is unknown(on the profile tab it shows it as open) and encryption is none. The link status tab shows a link quality of 100% and the signal strengths are in the 10-20% range, noise level is 50%. When I open a web browser I get a message that I am not connected to the internet. Does this have to do with there being no authentication or encryption. I can access the network with my airport card if I move to a different/better location. Any ideas what the problem my be.

Thanks
Joe C

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Quicksilver Dual 1ghz 10.5.4, Mac Mini G4 10.4.11, iPod 60gb gen4, + 60gb gen5, iPhone G3 16gb
Does anyone know, maybe Daniel, if these drivers work with the Belkin F5D8051 High Performance USB adapter ??

Or if not where I can get drivers for this unit.

Cheers

Steve

Reaction score
Dan's the man

Daniel

Thanks for the drivers they work great on my macbook pro running leopard
driver installation was simple and I was up and running quickly. No disconnects all running smoothly so far.

Best, Martin

Reaction score
Totalybonkers your the man you,r word is being spread around my best buy store on your drivers thanks man :))

Reaction score
belkin n driver

Many thanks to Daniel aka totallybonkers.

The driver and set up instructions he sent to me were great. Got the whole thing up and running in no time.

Its a lovely thing to see a community operate this way. Its probably why I keep choosing macs.

Reaction score
Emailed only last night and had the driver this morning. Worked first time and very simple. Thanks again for your help on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
QS2002 - X10.5.4
People --- for some time, my wife's G3 iBook @ 500Mhz has shown very erratic signal strength. Sometimes 5 bars, then 1 bar, then 4 bars, often no bars. I purchased a (new) replacement Airport card with the same results. Went to the "Genius Bar" and they concurred with my conclusion that the problem was with the Airport antenna that is in the display.

Changing out the antenna is very difficult, and replacing the display (~$150) itself is almost as odorous and probably not worth the cost. This got me looking into a USB dongle antenna for her iBook and eventually to this forum.

My wife is not a very knowledgeable user. She uses the iBook for Solitaire, email, and occasionally Google. If it doesn't work as she expects it to, then she gives up. So I need an antenna/driver combo that doesn't need any and/or much control on her part. Daniel's documentation indicates that he leaves the F5D8053 Utility running in the Dock, and if that is all that's involved, then I can put it in the list of applications to start at Login.

Opinions anyone --- will the Belkin F5D8053 and Ralink drivers be a reasonable solution? BTW, there are several available at the present time on ebay.

Thanks........Al

Reaction score
You're the man daniel.

This works great on my macbook with a sketchy wireless card.

lifesaver, as i've just moved to a new city and needed wireless access

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.