• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who's got the most Macs?

Reaction score
Will that one system be a Mac or PC?

Reason I ask is I know you are a gamer.

It will be my MacBook Pro as soon as I get a 160GB hard drive, which I will get when Leopard comes out. Xbox Live has become more interesting to me lately so I haven't been so much into Windows gaming. I would like to at least have a system that can play my older favorites so I will have boot camp.

Digital audio player choice is still up in the air.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Opps! My mistake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
powerbook g4
macbook (black)
macbook (white)
imac 20"
mac pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
iMac 600MHz
iMac 500MHz
Power Mac 8500/180
Power Mac 8500/120
Power Mac 7600/120
And probably some more around here that I forgot about

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
dtravis, where do u find room for all of those things!?!
if u literally stacked em on top of eachother they wud fill my basement...
do u have monitors hooked up to all the powermacs?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
dtravis, where do u find room for all of those things!?!
if u literally stacked em on top of eachother they wud fill my basement...
do u have monitors hooked up to all the powermacs?

It's not easy but I have they stashed here and there. No monitors on all. Move the cable from one to another! :spook: It's the Monitors that take a lot of room. I have a couple of large tables and some PowerMacs sit under them. Others in another room. The smaller ones are easy to stash.

I have a lot of the converters to convert the Apple Video connector so stock VGA. That way I don't need apple monitors but can use anything.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should have known better to keep my collection and hobby to myself.

Oh well. Live and learn they say.

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
the question is...did u buy those powermacs when they were $3,000, or 10 years later when theyre worth nada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Well regardless of what CrossBones thinks, I'm impressed, dtravis7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
It's not easy but I have they stashed here and there. No monitors on all. Move the cable from one to another! :spook: It's the Monitors that take a lot of room. I have a couple of large tables and some PowerMacs sit under them. Others in another room. The smaller ones are easy to stash.

I have a lot of the converters to convert the Apple Video connector so stock VGA. That way I don't need apple monitors but can use anything.

You wouldn't have a spare 12in PB 867mhz screen just doing nothing would you?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You wouldn't have a spare 12in PB 867mhz screen just doing nothing would you?

No, wish I did, but nothing PB that is that new. If I did it would be yours. I would suggest Ebay. Seen a lot of PB screens there from time to time.

Reaction score
Found this thread cruising the net. I just have to say, i own 8 macs...

Powermac 7100/66 (running, but not in use)
Powermac 7600/120 (running, but not in use)
Performa 6400/180 (running, but not in use)
Powermac G3/350 B&W (running, but not in use)
Powermac G3/450 B&W (running, but not in use)
Powermac G4/1.4 Sawtooth (server)
Powermac G4/800 Quicksilver 2002 (main system)
Powerbook G3/400 Pismo (main laptop)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, some nice collections here...

Dtravis: At work we have a number of older Macs, including an original 128K Mac with the signatures in the casing and a Mac Portable.

Most of them still work too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
OMG, thats crazy. absolutely insane. Is 'Jeremy Mehrle' Steve Jobs's online alter ego?

Haha hes almost his alter ego. He's actually just a kid with an obsession for macs from St.Louis, MO. There's been talk that he will be opening his collection to the public at some point. (if anyone else wants to check it out jeremymehrle.com

NOTE: He has changed the web page. But I'm sure you can google his collection, he used to have pics of his Apple I bar, imac wall etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Wow, you guys have alot of Macs! Although I am always tempted to pick up an old black and blue g3 to upgrade it, so I could see how it started! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
wow dtravis7, that's insane. (totally jealous=P)
i have my macbook and a power mac 7200 - 120 MHz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
PowerBook Ti 667(coming soon)
MacBook
iMac
iPod video 30 GB
iPod nano 4GB
TEH APPLEZ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM 667MHz, 130GB HD
Gee, all this only reinstates the term "noob" for me. This is the first Mac I've ever actually owned, although I work with several every day at my job. Funniest story in the world how I got this computer. I went to an estate about 3 weeks ago and I saw this iMac, still sitting in its box complete with everything. Only issue I noticed was the power button on the back was gone.This guy had a brother who just bought this iMac brand new...but he passed away a few weeks later and just barely used it. Anyway, this fellow knew nothing about Macs. He couldn't tell left from right about them. I asked him how much he would sell it for and what was wrong with it. He said he couldn't get it to turn on and he'd sell it to me for $250 if I could start it up. So I carried it over to a power socket, found the power button on the keyboard, and walked off with a $1900 computer for under $300. He was MAD. Came home and found out I had really struck gold. 130GB HD, 1GB of RAM with 667MHz, Intel Core 2 Duo..er..Duo Core..whatever it is. I got this puppy practically for free. He tried to take me to court over it but there were too many witnesses backing me up. My insurance covered everything and fixed the power button on the monitor for me...not like it was that big of a deal to begin with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.