• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Instrument do you Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Before you judge my cheap instruments, try and keep in mind that I generally (with the exception of the Fender Jazz Bass I had), refuse to spend more than $200 on an instrument, not because I'm cheap, but because I don't believe that the instrument makes the player, which so many other musicians I know seem to think.

Just because you have a $1,200 Fender American Strat doesn't mean you're necessarily a good player. Anyway, /rant.

l_307a1a9ee9f1f03c566746eedc0569b2.jpg

My current number one bass, mainly because I had to sell the Jazz Bass to help pay for my new amp. I still love playing it, and for a $100 eBay find, it sounds (and looks! ;)) quite good.

l_964551f70115faeb423d93c26e01e2b4.jpg

My $150 Squier Strat that I traded all my first semester text books for. Definitely worth the trade. This is my numbah one guitar. My number two (Epiphone Les Paul) is currently on loan to a good friend of mine.

l_cb03fcc343a76665ee5bc916aeff06a4.jpg

I got the shells for my drumkit for $30 back in 2001, and since then I've been adding garage sale finds (I bought six shells and hoops for $20 a few weeks ago) onto it. This picture is a little old, because as or present, it's a six piece kit (2 rack toms, 2 floor toms, snare, and bass drum) and my 16" crash cymbal is cracked, so I'll be saving up for a new one of those. I've got a Sonor double kick pedal (which I rarely double on except for blast beats and a few Megadeth songs), Remo skins all around, and Sabian cymbals, save the 18" crash cymbal which sounds more like a trash can lid. Adds a bit of flavor to the kit.

I'm a drummer first and foremost, but guitar has been my thing lately.

Reaction score
Derek,
Apparently after being a drummer, you are also a hot-wheels racer!
(it's the rug)
LOL.
I used to have that same one when I was little.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
A Godin Silver guitar, and bass recorder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)
In case you cant tell by the picture, i play guitar lol. From left to right: OLP MM1 (My favorite, Plays better than my friends PRS Custom 22 lol), Fender Deluxe Players Strat (with texas special pickups for that SRV bite), SX 50's strat copy (more for look than anything, sounds decent). Then on the floor is my Line 6 Spider II 75w, and my Rouge Cutaway Acoustic-Electric.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
When I was in High School and College, many long years ago, I played Clarinet, Soprano Sax and Oboe. But now all I play is iTunes...

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Before you judge my cheap instruments, try and keep in mind that I generally (with the exception of the Fender Jazz Bass I had), refuse to spend more than $200 on an instrument, not because I'm cheap, but because I don't believe that the instrument makes the player, which so many other musicians I know seem to think.

I agree with you to some extent... I believe that any beginner should not buy an expensive instrument. It's just dumb. It's not until you play well, are focused on playing guitar, it becomes a hobby and a passion that you can justify spending more on an instrument. The instrument doesn't make the player, but there's nothing quite like playing a great instrument once you know how to appreciate it.
It doesn't make you a better player, but it makes you want to play! Which in turn makes you better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Guitar, bass, flute and clarinet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
2nd grade trumpet, dont play anymore though

im the same as you.

But apparently, you never forget how to play it, just like riding a bike.

I would love to be able to play some reel big fish songs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
I play guitar....

Schecter Loomis 7 string
FullShot-1.jpg

Ibanez RG7420
fullshot.jpg

Schecter C-1 Jolly Roger
fullbody-1.jpg

Schecter C-1 Elite
angle.jpg

and my newest...

Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX
skyshot.jpg

My Rig is:
Line 6 HD147
Line 6 4x12 Vetta Cab
Furman PL Plus Series II Power Conditioner
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
DOD Dual 15 Band EQ
X2 XDR95 Digital Wireless

Line 6 FBV Shortboard

Furman SPB-8C Pedal Board
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Digitech WH4 Whammy
TC Electronics G Minor Midi Footswitch

rig2.jpg

rig-2.jpg

npb-7.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The instrument I play currently is electric bass. I've been playing for almost 12 years now. Playing a Fender P-Bass Special, cherry red, white pickguard, rosewood neck. I also play guitar as well, but recently sold mine :(

However, within the next few months I'll be placing the order for my dream bass. Ernieball/MusicMan Stingray, 4-string, metallic candy apple red, white pearloid pickguard, maple neck, 3-band active EQ *drools*

Instruments I used to play:

piano/synth
trombone
bass clarinet
percussion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig
electric guitar ...
got a white les paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
An Epiphone SG currently.

me myself and epiphone.jpg

Reaction score
Instruments

Nyberg short-scale Cittern
Freshwater mandola (tenor mandola in Europe)
Barbera five string electo-acoustic hybrid violin
Freshwater "Irish" bouzouki
Vector "Fiddlestyck" five string electric violin

John F

P.S. Sorry about the picture quality.

i1.jpg

i2.jpg

i3.jpg

i4.jpg

i5.jpg

Reaction score
I'm a drummer.

But I also play keyboard and guitar on the side.

Mainly drums though :)

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Woah, DarKnight, that Schecter 7 string is to die for...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I just started playing Drums agin after a break of 27 years!

PICT0018.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.