• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The Official: What do you want to see Apple do in 2004 Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
The reason it has inherited that reputation is because it's not as bad as it's predecessors, but it's still pretty bad. There are several threads about people who have switched from XP to mac.. there is even a very recent one called "Family of XP haters" who all have switched to mac. It's preferences.. if you like your XP better, then what you do, XP is the best answer.. now if you havent even tried the new Mac OS for at least a week, then you should go and do that and give it a try.

Apple is not going to go under any time soon. That happened many years ago, but they are a whole lot further along then they ever were and are not at risk at all right now.

Plus the industry is really really looking at OS X hard because businesses, government, etc is realizing how virus prone PC's are and as a money making enterprise that just does not work, and as a government the insecurity and viruses of XP really are turning their heads to something else.

Now let's go to Longhorn.. Longhorn is a complete joke right now even to PC users. There are articles all over the place, on PC magazines that are making fun of Microsofts way of marketing with Longhorn. While the PC users are waiting for Longhorn, something they don't even know if it will fulfill their needs, many of them are turning to Mac, Linux, or any of the more secure and less virus prone OS's.

Actually Im pretty certain that XP would need to be rewritten, and old version of NT wouldnt have to be, but XP is a whole different monster.. and maybe that's what Longhorn will be.. it'll run on powerpc architechture.. but I sort of doubt it.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
well i was gonna post this here, but i went into a lot of details i guess

so i put it inthe longhorn thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i would go straight to the penguin if apple switched to XP. XP is better than any of the others but it still sucks. My house has 3 computers with XP and my panther. XP is such a pain and it will always be vulnerable because with every security patch they release that patch manages to open up something else. I switched over 7 months ago and in that time there have been 2 apple security updates. Microsoft has like 2 updates a day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
ummmm....I don't know who said it but yes you can watch cable tv on your 23" Cinema Display
its called eye toy.....it plugs into your computer through usb and there is an input on the eye toy box to put cable or RCA into your computer.....Then through the computer the cinema display can view tv.

W

wiggin1605

G5 power book

The G5 PowerBook will be released in April. This from a developer for apple.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Is this from a reliable source?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Now this would be interesting to know and interesting to hear.. that sounds too soon to me, but if it's a reliable source.. that would be kewl :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was thinking late summer. I figure the xserve line would be upgraded. I forgot which order Apple upgrades their hardware.

I don't know if it is all of the pro-line, then the consumer-line.

C

christophermac

I would like 4 apple to come out w/ a tablet pc computer (maybe an itablet or something), improved networking with windows computers, cheaper prices, and I would really like if they offer colors again, this way if you like colors, you have the option & if you dislike colors, just get the white. Oh, also a built in "virtual Pc" in their next operating system would be cool, this way you can say goodbye to windows forever, even if you have windows programs that you absoulutely need for school or work reasons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
i know i want to see a PDA/video iPod this year, but i think in all likelihood the biggest thing will be the G5 iMac.

J

JazzTrpt

fasheezy said:
i know i want to see a PDA/video iPod this year, but i think in all likelihood the biggest thing will be the G5 iMac.

I'd wager that you will see a G5 iMac very very soon ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My guess would be a G5 powerbooks before the iMacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
actually, i'd guess a G5 iMac before a G5 Powerbook. i mean, the G5 PowerMac is freak'n gigantic and i think they'll have an easier job putting the G5 chip into an iMac rather than a laptop such as the Powerbook. the G4 chip produces way more heat than more people would like, so i don't even want to begin to think about how hot a G5 Powerbook would get. I think they need to get the G5 chip into something smaller than a server and into an iMac before they get into a Powerbook.

C

CMBlechar

anyone know what the time frame was for them to put the G4 into the iMac after it came out as just a desktop? I'm not sure we'll see a G5 iMac because I don't think that having that kinda power in a computer thats not designed for using it will be a good move. People want portable powerful computers and a G5 PB sounds more likely than an iMac to me.

N

NOFEER

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE
more successful partnerships to get the word out about apple inovative stuff/os

do with video that they did with music, more and more video will be bought online--includeing a video storage or camera or combo. wouldn't it be neat to have an lcd screen in your car and just connect your video HD based gizmo that way no matter what vehicle you are in (including your neighbors) as long as you have a screen you could show your video/home/hotel/car/neighbor

more end runs around MS like ipod

home server/ wireless

apple branded MS 2k and xp emulation software that actually is fast and optimized for os10.3

kick butt office suite that is fully MS office compatible/ including formats etc

faster/faster/faster cdrw/dvdrw burn em faster--sams is selling an internal 8x dvd burner

apple tivo system

many more seamless integration to make winbloz people jealous

H

HopperJonusFang

More competitive pricing on computers
I know loads who would love to switch from PC to Mac but the price puts them off.

W

wiggin1605

G5 imac?

Why would they put a G5 in a iMac? Look at the way they used there processors before with the G3 in the very first iMac and the G4 in the power macs. And now with the G3 completely gone and the G4 in the iMac and now the G5 as the power mac. The iMacs are the cheaper consumer based every day model, consumers are not going to need the power of a G5 chip in there computers when the G4 runs just fine for the software they run. The G5 is meant to be for professionals just look at all the professional apps they have already customized to take advantage of the 64 bit chip settings. Then look how they just got rid of the G3 in the iBooks and put the G4 in them. The G4 is now the every day consumer chip and the G5 is the professional chip. It is a lot more likely that they would put The G5 in a power book then put it in a iMac. In the future when every day programs become as processor intensive as the professional software today that is when they will upgrade the iMac to be fitted for a G5.

It is also pretty accurate to say that the powerbook G5 will be lunched in April I have gotten information from him before about upcoming products from apple an they have been accurate. He a developer for apple. Apple sends him products they are making for him to test an tell them about the bugs so they can fix it. he had a dual G5 two months before it came out.

I'm geussing it will be liquid cooled or that the front of it will look much like the G5 Xserve.

J

JazzTrpt

I understand your logic behind putting a G5 in an iMac, but then why did Apple put a 20-inch screen on the iMac? What normal consumer needs that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.