• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The Official: What do you want to see Apple do in 2004 Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Graphite said:
well... mac cant really lose much of its security, the reason they target windows isnt really because there are more people, but because its a pain in the ass for mac. windows a child can do it and has done it!
Entirely true. And the Unix structure is just so well made :)

P

psychotoe

ApplejustWorks said:
ummmm....I don't know who said it but yes you can watch cable tv on your 23" Cinema Display
its called eye toy.....it plugs into your computer through usb and there is an input on the eye toy box to put cable or RCA into your computer.....Then through the computer the cinema display can view tv.

That is intresting, can you also record as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
E

Ex_PC_Puke

I'd like to see a true modular high performance mini-mac - G5 baby !

This would be a 2 piece affair the original mini case would just contain: processor - memory - Gfx chip. A second module containing all IO and drives would sit on top ------ several options available for the IO unit - basic storage / IO ... to mega-storage and mega IO. But the goal is still a small foot print

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't see that on the road map of the mac mini. But if it were that would be around late 2006.

R

richr

I think Apple should bring out a wireless controller. Kinda like the Sonos system where it would mirror the iTunes interface but also a universal remote control for your TV etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac bondie blue 233mhz 320mb ram 2 meg vram 4gig HD and a Beige G3 A/V 266 OCed to 300mhz 64mb ram
i think a mini console would be cool i know apple isnt in that market but when i get the money to get one i am going to dual boot into a diff system so that i can play console games on it or run emulators for all the systems i want to play.

F

Fallooza

Rob said:
Shouldent you update the title of this...? It's 2005 now ;)
please look at the dates for posts #144 and 145. thanks (make a new thread if ya like i think its cool ta post in the old one)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Notes:

There is a thread that I made about

What you want apple to do in 2005.

It is in the apple rumors and reports forum

Please post things you are hoping for there, :) so we can close this old thread.

(after all its not 2004 anymore!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.