• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The Official: What do you want to see Apple do in 2004 Thread

A

Anchordog

iChatAV for Windows

I want o see iChatAV for windows so that I can use my iSight cam with PC users

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
peterbt said:
Enable iPod to work over USB to iMac so I don't have to buy a new
iMac with firewire and I don't have to load up the iPod on my PC at work,
making the other fellas jealous.

iPod does work over USB

P

peterbt

trpnmonkey41 said:
iPod does work over USB

To Macs? The manual I received said you needed firewire to connect to Macs,
but could connect to PCs with either USB or firewire. I haven't gotten the USB
adapter yet, so all I've done so far is play Parachute.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oops yea i forgot the usb 2.0 is only windows

iPod Dock Connector to FireWire and USB 2.0 Cable (Windows PC only)The iPod Dock Connector to FireWire and USB 2.0 Cable offers Windows PC customers up to 480Mbps data transfer for quickly loading an entire music library on iPod. Connect the FireWire cable up to the iPod power adapter to charge while syncing. Compatible with iPods with dock connector only.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hey let's get back on the subject! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
a sturdier cup holder.. **** iMac one couldn't hold a 23oz cup.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Graphite said:
a sturdier cup holder.. **** iMac one couldn't hold a 23oz cup.

It was only designed to hold a 16 oz cup. lol

A

AstralZenith

I duno, but if the new macs don't grate cheese... I have a feeling I will buy a gateway.

M

Mr.Curlynose1

A mouse with a scroll wheel!

iChat compatibility with AIM 5.5!

Cheaper cinema displays!

A way of running Linux applications in OS X!

An Apple word processor like Word!

Support for Windows Media files in Quicktime!

Apple paperclips!

Toothbrushes!

Cordless phones!

McDonalds toys!

Trash cans!

Luggage bags!

Deodorant!

Loofas!

I'll stop now. :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
AstralZenith said:
I duno, but if the new macs don't grate cheese... I have a feeling I will buy a gateway.

The latest Apple computer does grate and melt cheese. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mr.Curlynose1 said:
iChat compatibility with AIM 5.5!

A way of running Linux applications in OS X!

An Apple word processor like Word!

Support for Windows Media files in Quicktime!

1. iChat is compatible with AIM
2. Its called AppleWorks
3. Will never happen

M

Mr.Curlynose1

1. I meant AV compatibility, sorry.
2. They had a new project coming out called iWorks that included a word processor, Keynote, a spreadsheet program, and a database program. They would have been separate applications but connected like the Adobe suite. Just look up "iWorks Apple" on Google.
3. I know, but it would be nice along with the toothbrushes, luggage bags, and toaster ovens. :p

A

AstralZenith

rman said:
The latest Apple computer does grate and melt cheese. :D

I know, it's great, just stuff some cheese in your G5's ventilation system... you'd be surprised how much heat those 64-bit chips can generate... after i got the fan clogged up with cheese the **** thing blew up :mad: :( now I'm using an LCIII :rolleyes:

J

JazzTrpt

AstralZenith said:
I know, it's great, just stuff some cheese in your G5's ventilation system... you'd be surprised how much heat those 64-bit chips can generate... after i got the fan clogged up with cheese the **** thing blew up :mad: :( now I'm using an LCIII :rolleyes:

Hey now...nothing wrong with an LCIII. ;)

M

mac_n00b85

XP on Mac computers?

After recently reading about how Apple computers dropped 8% on the nasdaq this past quarter, I think I'm ready to make probably one of the more controversial wishes for Apple..

My theory is that if Apple started giving users the option to use Windows XP as their OS instead of OSX, they would probably see a spike in sales....most users who are out their aren't looking for a whole new computer OS to replace existing software for, but instead an atractive computer that blends in seamlessly with their life. Apple has both of those first two traits down, but if they were to add XP as an option for their computers, I believe that people would jump at it....I know I would. I mean think about it, the iPOD is now the best selling Mp3 player on the market. It's estimated that Apple own approx. 51% of the market. You know why? Because as soon as the iPOD came compatible for Windows computers, Apple's userbase skyrocketed. Now imagine if Apple designed their computers to work for windows XP users the userbase they would gain, and the potential profits.

I'm not saying completely phase out the OSX, as it is still populer for some users. Just make both OS's an option when purchasing an mac.

I welcome any thought on this.

C

CMBlechar

I'd rather see apple go under than it have Windows as its operating system.

Crash your G5 in seconds with Windows XP. What would be the difference between putting XP in your G5 or Cheese?

Design is a nice, but you wouldn't catch me throwing ten extra benjies down on a mac thats a bit cooler looking than a Gateway Cow. Either way with Windows I'd be tossing it out the window.

It would be nice if the 23" HD screen could be hooked up to your cable TV, then I could never leave my room.

How about an Apple hotel in Vegas? iMacs in every room, pool shaped like the apple, everything as nice as the Apple store in NYC. I'd be there! Apple, Apple, Cherry, DING DING DING I WIN!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Actually I think what they are doing is brilliant.. they have the iPod out that works on both the PC and Mac.. PC users say "Wow, what a great product" PC users after awhile think hmm.. I wonder if all their products work this well? Then they begin to say things like.. I would buy a Mac if it came loaded with XP.. then after XP has crashed on them a dozen times or more.. they begin to wonder if maybe having a new OS wouldnt be such a bad thing. And so forth and so forth.. brilliant!

M

Mr.Curlynose1

If they make the switch, their computer already has the OS on it. :/

And about them letting Windows XP run on it... That'd suck. And they'd have to change chips or completely rewrite Windows.

M

mac_n00b85

I really don't understand way XP has inherited it's predecessors reputation of being as stable as jello. I mean, my XP works just short of flawlessness(the only time I've had problems is when I tried changing stuff myself or installing custome boot screens). However, I will admit to XP being disturbingly vulnerable to viruses, but that it being changed through updates. Face it, Windows isn't the pathetic bumbling excuse of an OS it used to be...

I do agree that users buying Apples computers and merchandice might potentially lead to an interest in OSX panther. I just think you guys need to look at this from a economic standpoint: would you rather Apple go under, or start giving users the OPTION of Windows XP as the OS.

And just for the record, Windows XP would not have to be rewritten to work with Mac hardware. Even if this was a problem, I'm sure Microsoft would be more than willing to assist Apple with XP if it meant a quick buck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.