• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tell me what you think of this idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I disagree. Regarding Chris, cheesybanana made no valid points.

1. Never speak for everyone.

2. You're confused. People are talking about this individual's behavior, not that he is commenting on the celebrity world. The fact this individual was ranting over Britney Spears is not the important issue.

You couldn't be more wrong on knowing his personality. Assuming Chris was not an actor, his demeanor fits a profile. Serial killers fit a profile. Severely irrational people, fit a profile. Not to be confused with racial profiling -- Law enforcement solves crimes with personality profiling.

You can't be serious. At best, he is a terrible actor. And I hope that is the case. Actor or not, this disturbed individual or clown, is not the future of our country.

He is an entertainer. He entertains people. I think it would be a serious mistake to profile him, considering you do not know how he acts in life.

You may think he is a terrible actor, but the YouTube community certainly loves him. Before the Brittany video even aired, he was the 24th most subscribed to channel in the all-time ratings. Once again, even if he is NOT acting, he is certainly entertaining. Therefore he is benefiting society.

Reaction score
He is an entertainer. He entertains people. I think it would be a serious mistake to profile him, considering you do not know how he acts in life.
Do you? As you say, know how he acts in life?

It is amazing what some people find entertaining. Then again, we are talking about the internet. And to think many believe there is a problem in our society.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Do you? As you say, know how he acts in life?

It is amazing what some people find entertaining. Then again, we are talking about the internet. And to think many believe there is a problem in our society.

Please tell me the negative effects of this video to society. I am curious.

Reaction score
irrational behavior is not healthy.

Now answer my questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
irrational behavior is not healthy.

Now answer my questions.

Unhealthy to himself, but not society. And what he does to himself is of no concern to you.

And what questions? If I know how he acts in life? Of course I do not. But I'm not the one making judgments about him. You are.

Reaction score
His behavior has a negative effect in society when people classify emotionally disturbing behavior as entertainment. And that should be of concern to many people.

Once again you are confused. I am not judging him, as a medical professional, I am making a observation on a unhealthy situation -- Regardless of a staged or actual event.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
His behavior has a negative effect in society when people classify emotionally disturbing behavior as entertainment. And that should be of concern to many people.

Once again you are confused. I am not judging him, as a medical professional, I am making a observation on a unhealthy situation -- Regardless of a staged or actual event.

You know, I was watching Pulp Fiction the other day. I think my favorite part is when John Travolta blew the head off of the guy in the back seat. I thought it was great. Entertaining actually.

Reaction score
The best part of Pulp Fiction was Uma Thurman, and some of the dialog. The shot in the head thing as been over done.

I really prefer movie murder scenes with creative intense shock value. Such as the chainsaw shower scene in Scareface -- Or the informant in Scareface who is hanged outisde of a helicopter in flight. Another great scene was in The Good Shepard, where a woman is suddenly and without warning, thrown out of a DC30 over a jungle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
The best part of Pulp Fiction was Uma Thurman, and some of the dialog. The shot in the head thing as been over done.

I really prefer movie murder scenes with creative intense shock value. Such as the chainsaw shower scene in Scareface -- Or the informant in Scareface who is hanged outisde of a helicopter in flight. Another great scene was in The Good Shepard, where a woman is suddenly and without warning, thrown out of a DC30 over a jungle.

Heh. I agree. But did you get my point? All of these are emotionally disturbing scenes. But we get over it and just enjoy them for what they are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 15.4" Glossy, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD, Nvidia 8600GT 256MB
I am still stunned that over 9 million people watched his clip o_O

Apart from that this guy really needs some serious help period!

Btw how is that donation video going along ? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Sometimes bad publicity is better than no publicity at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Can't stand to watch the entire clip.

Don't know if he's legit...

Don't care if he's legit...

He's gay.

There is nothing wrong with being gay, however I heartily agree.

Reaction score
They employ tens of thousands of people. I never said their products were good. Take an economics class.

I never said you said their products were good.

They employ tens of thousands of people, with dire effects.
They burn billions of dollars on shaky software and useless staff.
Have you seen their academic textbooks? A perfect example.

These figures are not to scale.

You take an economics class, and pass it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I never said you said their products were good.

They employ tens of thousands of people, with dire effects.
They burn billions of dollars on shaky software and useless staff.
Have you seen their academic textbooks? A perfect example.

These figures are not to scale.

You take an economics class, and pass it.

-They employ tens of thousands of people, all of which earn a wage. I do not really know what the 'dire effects' are.
-Burn money? Once again, they employ tens of thousands of people. These people spend money. I'm not sure how the movement of goods and services across the country is considered 'burning money'.
-Academic textbooks? What are you talking about?

I'm majoring in Economics.

Reaction score
-They employ tens of thousands of people, all of which earn a wage. I do not really know what the 'dire effects' are.
-Burn money? Once again, they employ tens of thousands of people. These people spend money. I'm not sure how the movement of goods and services across the country is considered 'burning money'.
-Academic textbooks? What are you talking about?

I'm majoring in Economics.

-Of course you don't
-Perhaps you are referring to the wrong line or statement
-Read "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2273B)"

I major in Network Design and Security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
-Of course you don't
-Perhaps you are referring to the wrong line or statement
-Read "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2273B)"

I major in Network Design and Security.

Umm...my points are completely relevant. You have yet to actually counter any of them.

And "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2273B)" really has nothing to do with the economics of Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Reaction score
You know, I was watching Pulp Fiction the other day. I think my favorite part is when John Travolta blew the head off of the guy in the back seat. I thought it was great. Entertaining actually.

But did you get my point? All of these are emotionally disturbing scenes. But we get over it and just enjoy them for what they are.

You were making a point? No you weren't. Not a valid point, anyway. Comparing a written act of violence with irratic unstable emotional behavior in it's content is not only apple's and orange's.

Fiction verses non-fiction. We get over movies scenes like those because they are not real. They can't hurt us. Intelligent, stable people are bothered by emotional distress that in this case, appears to be a real, actual event. Society (the smart people who I would like to believe are the majority) will tell you, this or that person has serious issues. And with good reason. Society in general will not be effected to the same degree with a fictional scene.

I am going to summerize this from my point of view. I don't find fictional scenes emotionally disturbing. What I do find disturbing, are scenes from reality. Take war. The battle is disturbing emotionally because one fears for their lives. I was a Medical Sergeant with a U.S. Army Special Forces Group during the first Iraq war. I was deep in Iraq with my A-Team when the first tent camps were being constructed in Saudia Arabia for preperation of Desert Shield. I feared for my life then, and through out the actual mission events I faced during the Desert Storm war. But what I really found disturbing was the aftermath. When the war ended, I did not come home to the party. I was sent into Kuwait on medical missions to heal emotionally distressed people there. Among other medical objectives. Unless you have faced the horrors of war coming to your front door (as the people of Kuwait experienced), you have no idea what real emotional distress is.

I wrote this was my summery on the issue. For me -- end of story.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.