• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tell me what you think of this idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I don't think the kid is an idiot. I truly believe he needs some help!!!
It is not healthy to get that emotional over some one you don't know. I am sure his life has been tough in a little town somewhere.
I don't doubt he begin to pop up on talk shows, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Holy cow!!! I come back a day later and already three pages!!!

Anyway, I looked into it. His name is Chris Crocker, he is an "actor" but only to his own extent of him taking video of himself and posting it on youtube. I guess this is the one video where he is for real though. He also thinks hes making to world a better place by posting his opinions on topics.

And get this. THIS KID IS GETTING HIS OWN TV REALITY SHOW BECAUSE OF THIS VIDEO.

Got this from an article about the whole stupid thing....

"After Spears was attacked for her "dancing" at the recent MTV awards, Chris Crocker, 19, went on YouTube and defended her. With tears causing his mascara to run, he screamed: "You're lucky she even performed for you! If anybody has a problem with her, you deal with me!" Crocker says he leapt to Spears's defence because "I always say Britney's been my mom ... Britney's been there for me when my parents haven't."

Critics called him "a human train wreck", but his video blog had 8 million hits. Since then he has appeared on TV and radio talk shows, and the video has been parodied by dozens of other YouTubers. Now Crocker has signed a development deal for a reality TV show. His studio is a bedroom in his grandparents' home in eastern Tennessee. He does not use his real name because local people mock his family.

"My grandparents can't go to their church any more," Crocker told Associated Press. "What I do affects them, and I feel bad for that." But not so bad that he would refuse an offer from California's 44 Blue Productions, whose president says Crocker is "a rebel character that people will find interesting. He's going to be a TV star".

You have got to be kidding me:Confused:

OMG, you have got to be kidding me. This guy is how some people are going to view America. Please someone shoot me now.:Confused:

Reaction score
I had no idea he was a homosexual.

"Gay" is the only word which can accurately describe this person, if you understand the slang.

Although this discussion is slightly interesting, I refuse to associate myself with this idiot in any way, shape or form.

Maybe he seeks attention, maybe he's retarded by nature, maybe it's all an act. Who cares. It is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.

But yeah, I'm surprised how popular this thread has been. Forgive my laziness, but I only skimmed through this thread (normally i wouldnt ask this but the thread has progressed so quickly). So can someone just summarize for me, what's the deal with this donation thing? What are we trying to achieve here?

Despite contradiction, I can't help but feel I am wasting my time on this topic. Ironic. It is both stupid and interesting at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
So can someone just summarize for me, what's the deal with this donation thing? What are we trying to achieve here?

Get him a subscription to The Economist so he knows that there are REAL issues to be worried about.

Reaction score
Get him a subscription to The Economist so he knows that there are REAL issues to be worried about.

If he is retarded, he's not going to read them and it's going to be a waste of cause.

If he is a mastermind, then he's not going to care anyway. Don't be surprised if this whole thing was orchestrated. Just because you act stupid, doesn't mean you are stupid.

A couple of days ago, I had never heard of the name Crock. Now all the sudden, the idiot is famous and some say he's doing interviews, appearing on television and what not.

Mastermind or not, he has achieved what some people have dreamed.

In any case, it is obvious he does not have a sense of self respect for his public appearance, which is why I want nothing to do with this disturbed child.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
How many people here watch sports? Horror movies? What about Lost, Prison Break, Heros, or CSI? Guaranteed, every single person who posted in this thread does at least one of these. And yet, you are setting here JUDGING someone who comments (albeit pretty emotionally) on the celebrity world?

TC99, although I usually agree with you on most things, I must disagree with you and others on Chris. In truth, not a single person in this thread knows anything about the personality or life of Chris. He may, in fact, be a political genius, a future scientist, or the next big writer. And even if he is not, he will still continue to entertain people for years to come. That makes him a productive member of society. If the only thing he ever does in life is stimulate discussion around the country, he is contributing to society.

As to our youth. This is a subject I take great exception to (seeing as I am one). Our youth is not, in fact, going to destroy this country. We are not a generation of stupidity and mindlessness. In fact, our generation is one of promise and hope. We are pressured, more than any other generation before us, into doing well in school. We understand that in order to compete in the world (something most generations before us did not have to do) we have to not only go to college, but do exceedingly well. We understand that we must compete with highly motivated foreigners who come here with a 4.0s from the best colleges in the world. Better yet? We are rising to this challenge. Sure, our generation has its burnouts (as if the baby boomer generation didn't? Ha!), but we also have our geniuses. And these geniuses are going to change the world.

OP
C
Reaction score
How many people here watch sports? Horror movies? What about Lost, Prison Break, Heros, or CSI? Guaranteed, every single person who posted in this thread does at least one of these. And yet, you are setting here JUDGING someone who comments (albeit pretty emotionally) on the celebrity world?

TC99, although I usually agree with you on most things, I must disagree with you and others on Chris. In truth, not a single person in this thread knows anything about the personality or life of Chris. He may, in fact, be a political genius, a future scientist, or the next big writer. And even if he is not, he will still continue to entertain people for years to come. That makes him a productive member of society. If the only thing he ever does in life is stimulate discussion around the country, he is contributing to society.

As to our youth. This is a subject I take great exception to (seeing as I am one). Our youth is not, in fact, going to destroy this country. We are not a generation of stupidity and mindlessness. In fact, our generation is one of promise and hope. We are pressured, more than any other generation before us, into doing well in school. We understand that in order to compete in the world (something most generations before us did not have to do) we have to not only go to college, but do exceedingly well. We understand that we must compete with highly motivated foreigners who come here with a 4.0s from the best colleges in the world. Better yet? We are rising to this challenge. Sure, our generation has its burnouts (as if the baby boomer generation didn't? Ha!), but we also have our geniuses. And these geniuses are going to change the world.

While you make many good points, I just don't think so. Look at his other videos, they are just as ridiculous. He posts videos of him acting like an idiot, and gained alot of publicity doing so, none of it good. And now the media is going to give him his own show to make money off him. To quote him, "Me and Brittney Spears are just the kind of girls that everyone wishes they were." Come on......:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
While you make many good points, I just don't think so. Look at his other videos, they are just as ridiculous. He posts videos of him acting like an idiot, and gained alot of publicity doing so, none of it good. And now the media is going to give him his own show to make money off him. To quote him, "Me and Brittney Spears are just the kind of girls that everyone wishes they were." Come on......:Confused:

If money is being made, the economy is benefited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
If money is being made, the economy is benefited.

You make a good point, but I wanted to do this to send him a message about how irrational he was acting. I could care less about how much fame he gains from his little stunt. All I have to do is change the channel whenever he's on. I think it's great that we have celebrities and movies and that stuff, the more the better, but I think it's pathetic when people ONLY care about that. And that is the point I was trying to make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
You make a good point, but I wanted to do this to send him a message about how irrational he was acting. I could care less about how much fame he gains from his little stunt. All I have to do is change the channel whenever he's on. I think it's great that we have celebrities and movies and that stuff, the more the better, but I think it's pathetic when people ONLY care about that. And that is the point I was trying to make.

My thoughts exactly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I really don't have the energy to read this whole thread, so if I am out of line I apologize.

Chris Crocker has been 'famous' in the youtube and myspace community, for posting videos about random things, and controversial things.

He Is An Actor.

He has been trying to get noticed and WOW has he ever, this video has gotten as much publicity as Britney's vma performance. It's been on TMZ, VH1, E!, Fox news, local radio stations, etc etc.

if you watch his other videos you'd realize he is an actor and he got your attention, we're still talking about it 4 pages later. amiright?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
He did exactly what he set out to do... get you talking... and now he is getting his own TV show.... America what a country!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
He is saying there is something wrong with HIM - he is an IDIOT!
Coming from someone who is gay themselves this idiot on the video needs to be SHOT!

All sexual preferences aside, I second the motion to shoot him.

Reaction score
I disagree. Regarding Chris, cheesybanana made no valid points.

1. Never speak for everyone.

2. You're confused. People are talking about this individual's behavior, not that he is commenting on the celebrity world. The fact this individual was ranting over Britney Spears is not the important issue.

TC99, although I usually agree with you on most things, I must disagree with you and others on Chris. In truth, not a single person in this thread knows anything about the personality or life of Chris.
You couldn't be more wrong on knowing his personality. Assuming Chris was not an actor, his demeanor fits a profile. Serial killers fit a profile. Severely irrational people, fit a profile. Not to be confused with racial profiling -- Law enforcement solves crimes with personality profiling.

He may, in fact, be a political genius, a future scientist, or the next big writer. And even if he is not, he will still continue to entertain people for years to come. That makes him a productive member of society. If the only thing he ever does in life is stimulate discussion around the country, he is contributing to society.
You can't be serious. At best, he is a terrible actor. And I hope that is the case. Actor or not, this disturbed individual or clown, is not the future of our country.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I watched it.

I've been mentally scarred forever. Have a good life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.