• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tell me what you think of this idiot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Hey, the more info he gets the better. You would probably would have thousands of people contributing. I think that this would be hilarious!

I've gotten pretty good with iMovie too, so I'd be able to make a pretty professional-looking donation ad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Too Funny. Make it seem like one of those Chrisitan childrens fund ads? That would be pretty funny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Personally, I think he wants the attention it brings him, like the discussion here.

If it works for him, guess he'll do another vid on another celeb.

I think it's pretty boring stuff! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Too Funny. Make it seem like one of those Chrisitan childrens fund ads? That would be pretty funny

I'll even throw in a little disclaimer that says if we get too many donations we'll donate it to some charity. It wouldn't be ethical to pocket any excess donations. I'd have to think that anyone who saw it would be willing to give up 25 cents to end that guy's hysteria.

I can see it now. Start off showing footage of the War in Iraq, then glaciers melting, then mention the subprime mortgage crisis, then show Rudy Giuliani and Hillary Clinton and say they're potential future presidents, then mention the impending recession, then say, "These are all issues that this man is oblivious to." I could think of some really funny stuff to do with this. I could pretend to be some guy who was inconsolable after Anna Nicole died, and then I was saved by our charity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
As sad and pathetic as this kid is, I think some good could actually come out of it. I think his story should be picked up by the real news networks and shine a light on him as an example of where our country is heading: point out how he weeps for one celeb who, despite her problems, is still famous, making music, and earning millions, while he doesn't shed a single tear for the war or any other issues if he knows about them at all.

There should be a compilation video made of this kid, some emos and any other sad examples of children these days and the video should be viewed by all children and every new mother. This is the future if we can't change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
he weeps for one celeb who, despite her problems, is still famous, making music, and earning millions, while he doesn't shed a single tear for the war or any other issues if he knows about them at all.

This is the future if we can't change.

You basically said this perfectly. If I really make the video I want to make, do you mind if I say these things verbatim?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Sadly, this is the way our country seems to be heading. Hopefully I am wrong but we'll see. It's even more disappointing that he's on major shows talking about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
I would like to see the video if you do do it customer!
me too! make sure you post here if you make it!
i would definitely paypal a quarter!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I also want to know whats wrong with that?

He isn't saying there is something wrong with that.

He is saying there is something wrong with HIM - he is an IDIOT!
Coming from someone who is gay themselves this idiot on the video needs to be SHOT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Either he's acting, or he needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist or something.

Personally I thought the kid's rant (genuine or not) was absolutely hysterical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I looked at the description, heard his voice, looked at him, closed the window, erased my history, and hid myself in a bomb shelter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You basically said this perfectly. If I really make the video I want to make, do you mind if I say these things verbatim?

No problem.

I looked at the description, heard his voice, looked at him, closed the window, erased my history, and hid myself in a bomb shelter.

LOL! Probably a good idea!!

Do you think that if we send this (just the videos of the guy) to Al Queda along with some footage of Britney and tell them all American teenagers are like this, they would decided plotting against us just isn't worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I'm actually seriously considering doing this then. I'm just worried that more than 400 people would donate and I'd have to return everyone's quarter. Or I could get the guy a NY Times subscription too.

I don't know, I'll talk to some of the guys down at NIU and see if they seriously want to do a half-serious half-joke video, and REALLY send this guy an Economist Subscription if we get enough donations.

Do it TC99, my quarter is ready to go. If you get enough maybe you could send some more subscriptions to other emo kids on youtube!;D That would be great, you could start the "Help EMO/CELEB Obsessed Children of America Organization"!:D Well good luck and lets us know where to send our quarters!

Reaction score
While I agree this person is pathetic, he is by no means an example of where our country is headed.

As for those of you questioning verbatim210's stereotypical gay comment, I will say this -- Obviously the demeanor of that individual on youtube plays a significant role in his tirade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
While I agree this person is pathetic, he is by no means an example of where our country is headed.

I hope you're right... I don't really agree with you in this case as my own experience with my peers (I'm 21) and my teenage siblings' peers does not leave me with any confidence at all, but I do hope that you're right.

Reaction score
ya. i think someone should set up a P.O. Box for "buy subscriptions for emo kids" fund. i would donate a dollar.

OP
C
Reaction score
Holy cow!!! I come back a day later and already three pages!!!

Anyway, I looked into it. His name is Chris Crocker, he is an "actor" but only to his own extent of him taking video of himself and posting it on youtube. I guess this is the one video where he is for real though. He also thinks hes making to world a better place by posting his opinions on topics.

And get this. THIS KID IS GETTING HIS OWN TV REALITY SHOW BECAUSE OF THIS VIDEO.

Got this from an article about the whole stupid thing....

"After Spears was attacked for her "dancing" at the recent MTV awards, Chris Crocker, 19, went on YouTube and defended her. With tears causing his mascara to run, he screamed: "You're lucky she even performed for you! If anybody has a problem with her, you deal with me!" Crocker says he leapt to Spears's defence because "I always say Britney's been my mom ... Britney's been there for me when my parents haven't."

Critics called him "a human train wreck", but his video blog had 8 million hits. Since then he has appeared on TV and radio talk shows, and the video has been parodied by dozens of other YouTubers. Now Crocker has signed a development deal for a reality TV show. His studio is a bedroom in his grandparents' home in eastern Tennessee. He does not use his real name because local people mock his family.

"My grandparents can't go to their church any more," Crocker told Associated Press. "What I do affects them, and I feel bad for that." But not so bad that he would refuse an offer from California's 44 Blue Productions, whose president says Crocker is "a rebel character that people will find interesting. He's going to be a TV star".

You have got to be kidding me:Confused:

OP
C
Reaction score
O ya, and if you search on youtube for "Seth Green Leave chris crocker alone" you will get Seth Green remaking the video. Its just making fun of him and quite funny. Same warning about the cursing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.