Often forgot screenshot method...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
anarkhy said:
but how do i post the screen shots on these forums?
Once you're done typing, scroll down and click manage attachments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Y

yor.g.

schweb said:
You know, I couldn't get a screenshot to work when I was using iSight either using the shift-cmd-3 option. However, I could do it using Grab.

i'm pretty sure dvdxdv pro can be helpful too. you should be able to drag a still from its window. my evaluation copy has expired so i can't be sure, but you could try it by getting one from www.versiontracker.com

B

braniffman

I suppose I am missing something becasue none of the functions listed above including 'grab' are working. Any helps, tips, hints would be much apperciated. Running a 17in i-Mac, 512Mb, OS X.2.8.

Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
why is this new? Ive posted all these screenshots shortcuts many times before here,
and that dvd player thing is part of the copy protection, which vlc pays no attention to as its not a dvd player in itself, it simply has that ability.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
GregW said:
My question is this, is there a screen capture video comand?
no, that requires a 3rd party app such as snapz pro.

G

GregW

snapz pro? have a link and does it record good video? I need it to record a video game. World of Warcraft.

J

Jefe3223

oranabana said:
think you can't take a screen shot of a playing DVD, as the DVD is presented on the screen using its own display engine (This used to be true at least before OS X). Hence the image you see on screen of a DVD, is actually bypassing the System... not sure if I am explaing this either well or right...!

Go figure!

I think you're right on that. I had this problem too. I believe there's a 3rd party program to capture during dvd player, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is. I also have found it (when I once did it) easier to capture unprotected DVDs. My roommate burns/steals DVDs all the time and he had the same problem, but he found it easier to capture images on DVDs that he had cracked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea, its called capture dvd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
wow, thanks alot, i just used grab before...

P

pankajdubey

back to pdf

Hi,

I did something or must have used some programme, now, all my screen capture is saved in png format.
How can I go back to pdf format screen capture.

Thanks

Pankaj

Reaction score
I just found a nice little addition to this command shift 4 option, do this
command/ shift/4 then click the space bar. a pretty little camera shows up to click a picture of which ever window you want including your desktop without all the icons check this out!
AGAIN: COMMAND/ SHIFT/ 4/ THEN SPACEBAR

Picture 2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a little late, huh? that was already posted by schweb and myself somewhere else.

Reaction score
On This Thread?

edit:
My Bad I read to fast must iof missed it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, way towards the beginning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
To convert them to .jpg i'd paste in Microsoft word, then right-click or alt-click then hit save as picture. then select the .jpg and save to wherever you want.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
nicklwj said:
To convert them to .jpg i'd paste in Microsoft word, then right-click or alt-click then hit save as picture. then select the .jpg and save to wherever you want.
There is a an much easier way to to do it. You can do it right from within Preview. Just open the picture and choose File | Export. You'll have a bunch of options to choose from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
exactly what I was about to say. also, dont forget that holding option during any of these copies the screenshot to the clipboard for pasting into apps, as opposed to saving it to the desktop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.