Often forgot screenshot method...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" 2.4
Mine saves to the desktop, and its named Picture 1..

Reaction score
If you have a used Mac someone may have changed the save location otherwise it should be on the desktop.
Here is a list of ways to do screen captures.

Screen Capture:
* Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop
* Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard
* Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard
* Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):

* Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves
* Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region
* Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point

ThinkerTool will allow you to change the screenshot image format from PNG to jpg or other formats and other locations beside the Desktop.

TinkerTool: Description

Reaction score
Ahhhh, that's awesome, I was wondering if there was anything like this, this'll save me so much time, it takes so long using 'Grab'

Thanks very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.0 ghz / New MacBook 2.0 ghz
thenxalot for the spacebar method! quite useful. me too, i've known the cmd/shift/3[4] option for a long time, but this is new. new and cool!

Reaction score
love that Apple have all this build in and easy to use with screen shot while Windows... comparing, it's a pain in the neck to take a screen shot

Reaction score
YaY!! I didn't think OS X had an ability to do a screenshot. Kind of sad coming from windows, but this is MUCH better!!

Reaction score
Screen Shot question.....

I use the CMD-Shift-4 screen shot all the time. However one thing thats a pain is that it automatically throws it on my desktop so I have to find it and then rename it and stuff.

Is there a way (or script) that when I do that it automatically has a 'save as' box pop up where I can name it and put it in the appropriate folder?

Reaction score
love that Apple have all this build in and easy to use with screen shot while Windows... comparing, it's a pain in the neck to take a screen shot

well on windows its just prt sc key then paste it into MS paint and save it as a picture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Just? LOL that's 3 extra steps. I prefer one command.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
I use the CMD-Shift-4 screen shot all the time. However one thing thats a pain is that it automatically throws it on my desktop so I have to find it and then rename it and stuff.

Is there a way (or script) that when I do that it automatically has a 'save as' box pop up where I can name it and put it in the appropriate folder?

2RXP

you can change the path with Onyx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini-2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3-OSX 10.6.3-160GB SATA-GeForce 9400
All that junk software I've downloaded to take screenshots can be deleted now! Yay! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.