Official Desktop Customization Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
nice desktop Eye3 D, where did yoy get that forefox icon, and how do you display the hD file size like that.(im new to MACs)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
Ey3 D said:
what did you do to the blood?
do you use a some kind of brush for the blood and then just use some kind of filter or somthing?
i ask this because i suck at making blood and "gore" if you will

M

mMmApples

I got bored and changed a few things around today and thought i would share

mydesktop6jf.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
i really like that one.. where did you get it? im new to the whole costomizing your computer appearance thing, few questions:

can i get yours? (mMmApples)
is it undo-able?

M

mMmApples

iWonder said:
i really like that one.. where did you get it? im new to the whole costomizing your computer appearance thing, few questions:

can i get yours? (mMmApples)
is it undo-able?

Well, thank you much, and yes you can get what i have,but it is a blend of icons, and GUI's that i picked up. If you are new to this i reccomend researching shapeshifter, candybar and an icon editing program of your choice, i just found icon brush and it seems to suit my tastes. Let me know if you need anymore help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
mMmApples said:
Well, thank you much, and yes you can get what i have,but it is a blend of icons, and GUI's that i picked up. If you are new to this i reccomend researching shapeshifter, candybar and an icon editing program of your choice, i just found icon brush and it seems to suit my tastes. Let me know if you need anymore help

what gui is it?

E

Ey3 D

iLEFTOVERCRACK said:
what did you do to the blood?
do you use a some kind of brush for the blood and then just use some kind of filter or somthing?
i ask this because i suck at making blood and "gore" if you will
Well if you are talking about my finder interfacelift, Kill Bill, but talking about my banner, I didn't really use blood brushes. The red background things were actually flames and there are sweet brushes at:
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/psbrushes/?view=1&order=5&limit=24

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Any body know a good place for backgrounds.. I have downloaded all the ones I liked from interfacelift but I would like some different ones.. What are some of your favorite sites?

E

Ey3 D

PowerBookG4 said:
Any body know a good place for backgrounds.. I have downloaded all the ones I liked from interfacelift but I would like some different ones.. What are some of your favorite sites?
Deviantart actually has some really cool stuff, especially the demos for brushes have some really good Photoshop-made pics.
Also, Google has new cool Halo 2 pics:

MC Space Explosion.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Here is my desktop.

"By the Power of Grayskull!"
:mac:

He-Man-Desktop.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
your desktop is cluttered.. you should put your most used ones in the dock then make a seperate folder for the unused ones then store it in your users folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.