Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.4 Ghz, 2.5 GB RAM, 160GB HD, 14th October 2007
What I use is my awesome college backpack, a couple soft sweaters either side and some good care. O:) Job done

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6Ghz, 4.0Gb, 200Gb (7200), High-Res Glossy, Adobe CS3 Std, Office and VMFusion (Solidworks)
Has anyone got this bag:

heathcliffe.jpg

I first saw it at Heathrow airport £-VAT. I really liked it, however the price?? I have other Mulberry goods that have lasted me years.

Other than the above all I can think of in the Tumi or the Knomo Hyden. Can anyone help in a leather/smart 17" case?

Thanks

Reaction score
I've had my techshell for a few weeks now and I must say it was worth it even though it seems pretty pricey for 2 pieces of plastic. the fit is excellent and I like the appearance better than the Speck case. I feel more confident that my MBP won't get damaged when I'm carrying it around (I just use the laptop sleeve in my Northface Recon backpack and it seems to be working fine.

I'll try to upload more pics and write a review but I'm usually too lazy to do things like that.

8a0lx7n.jpg

Reaction score
Memory foam cases??!!?

I don't really like hard cases. I just purchased an Isis cover memory foam cover for my 13" Macbook. Does anybody know anything about Isis covers? I know they are pretty new but I really want a product I can trust. It was only about $20.00. I will post again when I receive it. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I own a Specks thing, and the bottom right part doesn't fit.

o_O

It's off a little, and it drives me crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
After much messing around by Techshell, I finally got a blue case for my Macbook Pro. Fit is OK and it does give a sense of security that I won't get any little knock marks etc. I travel a lot so also use an Incase sleeve as well, just to be sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
I don't really like hard cases. I just purchased an Isis cover memory foam cover for my 13" Macbook. Does anybody know anything about Isis covers? I know they are pretty new but I really want a product I can trust. It was only about $20.00. I will post again when I receive it. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I own a memory foam cover, keyboard jimmy , and skin from isis covers. I am very happy with everything I got from them... I just feel stupid for not noticing they give a coupon when you buy all 3. oh well....

Reaction score
Laptop bags/sleeves from messenger bag companies

http://www.chromebags.com/products/bags/computer/ ($34 for all sizes)
SleeveLoft.jpg

http://reloadbags.com/bags/list.php?t=accessories $50-$75 (basic or deluxe- scroll down)
ACCESSORIES_dkgy17seattlefull.jpg

phillylapfull.jpg

I'm friends with the co-founder of Re-Load and they make the most amazing custom bags in the world, but I gotta say the Chrome laptop sleeve looks like it offers more protection for the price... so I just ordered one. (I'll follow up with photos and a review when I receive it.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
Tego custom skins?

I found this site, mytego.com . It is a really cool concept, you can upload your own files to make custom skins for just about any device, AND the prices are about the same as any other skin you can get. I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these, and if so, how is the quality? I ordered one already, but I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
After freaking out about the price of a 17" MBP, I went overboard with the protection: I've got it wrapped in a speck shell, and carry it in a Brenthaven backpack.

Once I got the bag, I was amazed. You would have to make a serious, deliberate, effort to damaged your MBP while it's in this bag.

Reaction score
Wow! Long thread - forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but I love my toffee sleeve so much I reviewed it.

It looks great, feels great - and protects against dust, dirt, sand (I've had that before) damp, and knocks. As it's just a sleeve you just slip it into whatever bag you are carrying.

IMHO, having a dedicated bag just for your notebook is annoying :)

HTH!
- rich

Reaction score
Hello all,
Has anyone tried the BBP bag? It looks pretty slick. I'm wondering if anyone has any reports on it.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=A3DB65C3&nplm=TL808LL/A
Thanks,
Darrin

I just purchased the BBP bag recently and I loved it. I did not get the hampton version, though. I got the Street Flow Collection (Medium) directly from the BBP store.
http://bbpbags.com/

It fit perfectly with my MBP 15". The best feature that I like: is the backpack style conversion. Especially if I'm tired lugging around with the messenger bag style. By converting to a backpack, I could hardly feel the weight. plenty of room (IMO).

Reaction score
I agree...it does look a little big, but I am interested in toting books and whatnot as well as the computer. I like the ability to change carrying configurations. But, I'd like some first-hand experience if anyone has any. The reviews look excellent.

Darrin

I just recently purchased the BBP bag, not the Hampton, tough. I got the one of the Street Flow Collections (Medium size) and it fit with my MBP 15". IMO, it is a great bag, plenty of room. The best feature, I think, is the ability to convert from messenger style to a backpack style quickly. Once it's in the backpack style I could hardly notice the weight. It's easy on my back.
BTW, purchased directly from the store: http://www.bbpbags.com/video02.swf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP
need backpack for 17" MBP

I currently carry my 17" MBP in a huge Timbuk2 cargo bag, but my back hurts from toting the weight on only one side. So I've been agonizing and researching and looking creepy stuffing my laptop into backpacks at random stores.. and I can't find a decent one to carry my laptop in.

I'm also petite, so most bags that do fit this computer makes me look like I ready for a 2 month camping trip. :Grimmace:

Can anyone suggest a nice slimmish backpack that I can look into?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP
need backpack for 17" MBP

I currently carry my 17" MBP in a huge Timbuk2 cargo bag, but my back hurts from toting the weight on only one side. So I've been agonizing and researching and looking creepy stuffing my laptop into backpacks at random stores.. and I can't find a decent one to carry my laptop in.

I'm also petite, so most bags that do fit this computer makes me look like I ready for a 2 month camping trip. :Grimmace:

Can anyone suggest a nice slimmish backpack that I can look into?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Moved to a better forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.