Notebook protective casings/bags/sleeves thread

TWM

Reaction score
None reported, none observed... In my own, and others' testing, it's not been a problem. We don't block the existing vents, so the fans can still blow out as they normally would. Also, the rubber coating is too thin to have much thermal/insulating effect.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the answer. It really looks cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.2 GHz, 2gb RAM, 120gb HD
is there any specific brand keypad cover to go for ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
I got the green Speck case....seems to work pretty good...I cleaned it out as much as possible before I put it on my Macbook....now I know what the 'smushed water' everyone was talking about...but it looks cool and makes it feel safer.

Reaction score
Got the clear Speck case from an Apple store (same price as online), looks great, easy to put on, will do exactly what it is supposed to do. Definately recommend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Wow that's a downer...you paid full retail price? Should have checked out my posts awhile back. :)

::points at sig file below::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
I've seen some of the Speck ones, and they are cool, but they seem to scratch and crack pretty easily-I'm gonna wait until I hear about one that gets better reviews. Has anyone heard of different ones that work better? I got an Isis cover (www.isiscovers.com) a few months ago, and I like it alot (I gave my encase one to my brother). The memory foam is a kinda cool change from the neoprene.

I love Isis Covers. The foam is so soft and fun.

I had a black iSkin Protouch cover for my keyboard but recently bought the white glow-in-the-dark "Ghost" edition since it matches more with my white Macbook. I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Bags

Hi,

I am in need of a bag for my MacBook. What are the best bags around? I live in the UK. So no US links please.

I really want good protection for my new macbook, I just won't be able to afford another one if I drop it...

Thanks,

Nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
I just use a neoprene sleve and carry it in my pack...because chances are if I need to take my computer somewhere...there will be other things I need to bring as well. An extra bag does not appeal to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Cool!

I am looking for something that does not shout "I've got a laptop in here!"

So a nice bag with a sleeve may be a option. I do like the Brenthaven Fusion MB bag, but I am worried it won't fit my Macbook.

Anyone got one?

Thanks.

Nick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
This is what I use:

Sleeve:

d151c5f9-c55e-473e-9ef2-9cd3b050699c.gif

Assault Pack

100389.jpg

Reaction score
I too am a fan of the sleeve and a messenger bag approach. It doesn't scream "There's a laptop in here come steal me". Their are a couple laptop bags out there that aren't conspicuous as a laptop bags, the Oakley Sandbag is a good bet, though expensive unless you can find one on ebay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MBP
I have the second one. As far as which one...I'd just read the reviews and decide for yourself. I have heard that the sleeves for the 13" notebooks fit really good.

Reaction score
is it true the sleeves with leave colors on the white macbook? Cuz my friend have in the sleeve from the apple store and inside is green and i read reviews where people are having black spots on their white macbook? doesn't make sense to me with green inside how can they get black spots on their whtie macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i have a sleeve i purchased at the apple store, i don't have a link handy but it's called an "Incase Canvas Sleeve" the inside is EXTREMLY soft and would definitely not leave any spots on your macbook. it also has a spot in the front for wires, papers, etc... and doesn't scream "i have a laptop in here!" but more screams "i'm full of paper!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Black
Well I do not want black spots appearing on my MacBook... But then I have the black macbook.

Couldn't you just wipe the spots off with a cleaner?

Anyone got the Brenthaven Fusion MB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
I use a lacoste bag that fits perfect with the 13" screen. Its not even a computer bag i think.

Reaction score
I purchased a Tucano Microfiber Second Skin folder from the Apple Store in Birmingham about two months ago. I just got rid of it because the 'teeth' on the zip made indentations into one of the corner of the macbook. The inner sleeve, which purports to prevent such things happening, doesn't seem up to much. I now have a Belkin NewElements messenger bag. Very nice it is too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.