• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Next MacBook Pro update rumored to include multi-touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Anyone think it will have a new design?

Or just look like the existing design just slimmer etc.

I would love a 15inch black MBP, it would look awesome!

I am bias since I just bought a MBP but I really dont see much of a reason to change the design its still leaps and bounds better then most other laptops in its class.

Reaction score
I am bias since I just bought a MBP but I really dont see much of a reason to change the design its still leaps and bounds better then most other laptops in its class.

I part agree but expect a design overhaul, it has been a long time since the MBP has seen any changes, after all it is still in the guise of the powerbook and Apple like to stay ahead and often re-invent their product line to do so. Look at the recent evolution of the Imac and Ipods.

I'm hoping it comes slightly thinner and in black and just wish they would hurry up as my money is itching to be spent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 blackbook /w tiger.
tinner would be nice.....but doesnt matter.....what matters is

proc. upgrade
graphics card upgrade

then im good =]

OP
Sennec
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I part agree but expect a design overhaul, it has been a long time since the MBP has seen any changes, after all it is still in the guise of the powerbook and Apple like to stay ahead and often re-invent their product line to do so. Look at the recent evolution of the Imac and Ipods.

I'm hoping it comes slightly thinner and in black and just wish they would hurry up as my money is itching to be spent.
Black like in MacBook black? Or like iMac black?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, A new MB (When they come out!)
Reaction score
i was thinking more like ipod classic black (or is that the same black as Imac black)

Reaction score
I am actually dying to buy a macbook but since I heard this 'update' rumour I've tried to resist.

I love the design - it's so classy, i hope they don't change it to black key boards, ew.

Anyone know any updates re: release date??
Does it take longer to come to other countries (australia) after it's released in US?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Usually with within a couple of days of the US site being updated, our Aussie one is updated too. And it's nice to see another Queenslander on here. Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
You'd think that with all the colors that iPods, iMacs, etc... come in they'd include that option with the MBP, but maybe they just want to keep the sleek professional silver. Ultimately I don't care because i'll be buying a colored hard case anyway.

Think the new MBP will have an option for SSD? With all the upgrades i'm already looking to get, the SSD upgrade will probably be too rich for my blood ($999 on the MBA). How large do they make SSD drives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
looking to buy a new MBP here... I hope they release it soon though!

Id like to see a bigger HD standard, maybe 250. of course the new chips, maybe a better gfx, but not necessary

also maybe an option for 1680x1050 on 15".

lastly, @ the very least a LATCH redesign, that thing was crap on my first mbp. But id like to see an entire case refresh. I dont like the MBP keyboard as much as the macbook. The macbook is def. a quicker typer for me, i found i was catching fingers on the edges of the pro keys ALL THE TIME.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 Glossy 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM 200GB HDD @ 7200rpm
I've been watching the MBP's ever since I decided my next computer would be a mac...well as soon as I have the money I'll buy a mac since my laptop is pretty new. I would really like to see a hard drive upgrade. The current macbook pro is fine except paying $75 for an extra 40GB. I don't even need a new one and could buy refurbished its just the fact that 120GB isn't big enough especially when I need to run windows and linux for school. Any other upgrades would be icing on the cake for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook, 16gb white iPhone 3G, 16gb iPod Touch, 4gb iPod Mini
Think the new MBP will have an option for SSD? With all the upgrades i'm already looking to get, the SSD upgrade will probably be too rich for my blood ($999 on the MBA). How large do they make SSD drives?

I can't imagine Apple would offer the SSD for the MBP's quite yet. Not until the technology has been out for a while and the cost comes down a bit. No one is going to spend $4-5k+ on a MBP, no matter how many bells and whistles it has.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Apple could install a small SSD for the operating system and stand hard disk for your personal data.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
I can't imagine Apple would offer the SSD for the MBP's quite yet. Not until the technology has been out for a while and the cost comes down a bit. No one is going to spend $4-5k+ on a MBP, no matter how many bells and whistles it has.

I must be no one.....I just bought two in that range.....

Picture 6.png

Picture 7.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
You'd think that with all the colors that iPods, iMacs, etc... come in they'd include that option with the MBP, but maybe they just want to keep the sleek professional silver. Ultimately I don't care because i'll be buying a colored hard case anyway.

64GB is about the largest I have found anywhere. When they get up in the 200GB range I may start to consider..... I love that they are basically indestructible!

Edit: That would be the largest "production" ssd. There is an ssd that is 1.6TB....but for us mere mortals 64GB is the current, a 128GB is rumored to be on the way soon.....

Reaction score
My wishlist

Penyrn Proc (definitly gonna happen)
LED Screen (already the case i think??)

Blu-Ray Option atleast
Maybe a case redesign and a touch thinner (this would be great)
200GB standard HD (and for us dreamers at 7200 rpm)
256MB gfx standard.
3 usb ports.

black macbook pro would be killer if they do it well. Although i still love the color now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.