Most annoying thing about Mac OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
A workaround:
Instead of 'Command+Space' hit 'Option+Command+Space'.

This will open the extended spotlight results window. Then enter your search and use the arrow keys to scroll to your result. Hit 'Command+R' and it'll show you the file in Finder.

It seems like a lot to remember, but it's actually quite convenient when you get used to it. Command+R will work in a lot of other apps as well.
Or just use Quicksilver of course :)

I know that Command+R thing works in itunes. I just didn't think about applying the same logic to spotlight. That's heaps for the great tip.

But I don't like the while UI of spotlight in 10.4 It's really ugly. Sure it's more accessable now and works just aboyut the same as it did in 10.3. The ugliness really gets to me. So that's the main thing I hate in 10.4

Reaction score
I've never had a Windows virus in equally as long, if not longer, but that doesn't give me the right to belittle other people's problems with them. Some people are targets for viruses and spyware simply because of what they use their computers for. Not everyone who gets viruses and malware visits pr0n and warez sites all day, and not everyone has the technical expertise that I do to be able to avoid them.

Viruses are a threat to people regardless of their knowledge and if you've managed to avoid them then good for you, but don't knock others who have.

I am one of the most down to earth, non belittling sorts of people you'll ever meet! You're taking my comments out of context because what I was saying was said as a counter-argument or balancing sort of remark to the other comments which went something like, "You know what feature I miss from Windows? Viruses!" - I seem to read these types of comments on this board all the time, and I think it detracts from the professional feeling the board has in general... I have spent countless hours helping my mother burn a CD on her computer, etc, etc, and I have muc respect for people regardless of their luck/experience with computers. As a (new) Mac user, I have 13 years of windows experience and I know that neither Windows or OSX is gods gift to mankind (despite the warm fuzzy feeling I get in my chest whenever I look at my MBP ;))

Edit: mainly I just hate reading the same old rhetoric over and over again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
Hmm... what do I not like? There are countless little things I still have trouble with, but none of them are major, and most of them revolve around networking with a PC (I just used a thumb drive to move the files I needed).

I do wish the Spotlight search box when you hit Command-Space was rounded on each end like the dictionary widget. I always assumed it was until I really looked at it a couple months ago, and it's been bugging me ever since.

Yeah, the little things get me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Title27GT, that's who.

If you're insinuating I am an alt account, prove it.

I don't really care if you are or not. If you behave the same way you did before, you'll get banned again by a mod. If you dont, then you wouldn't really be that annoying.

Do what you want, I don't have time to argue.

Reaction score
I don't really care if you are or not. If you behave the same way you did before, you'll get banned again by a mod. If you dont, then you wouldn't really be that annoying.

Do what you want, I don't have time to argue.

I really don't see why you would think I was him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Looks like someone figured it out......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I really don't see why you would think I was him.

Your post:

Trust me, he is NOT Title27GT.

...implies it. I don't care who you are either, or who Title-whatever is, or who anyone is, but if you keep posting like that then you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to reach a conclusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'd like a minimize all (meaning all programs). I didn't have a need for this until recently when I dl a whole bunch of random wav samples to my desktop. I wanted to organize them in the appropriate folders but I would either have to:

Manually minimize all programs and start dragging

Or: actually access the desktop through finder. That works fine but it's not really the most immediate logical way to do it.

Solution 1:

Hit F11.

Solution 2:

Go to the Menu Bar, click the app's name and go to "Hide Others". That will get rid off every other app's windows. To restore them do the same thing (it will be "Show Others" now), or click on the specific app's dock icon to open one by one.

But I don't like the while UI of spotlight in 10.4 It's really ugly. Sure it's more accessable now and works just aboyut the same as it did in 10.3. The ugliness really gets to me. So that's the main thing I hate in 10.4

Spotlight is a new feature to 10.4... it wasn't in 10.3 :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Who is Title27GT ??

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68709

Are we gonna start a new fad with all this?
"Are you Title27GT?"
"You're Title27GT, aren't you!"
"You're being such a Title27GT..."

Cut and Paste in the Finder (desktop and folders)

mac_finder_cut_paste_1.png

mac_finder_cut_paste_2.png

I used something called OnMyCommand:
http://free.abracode.com/cmworkshop/on_my_command.html

note: Be sure to take a look at the Read Me file if you want to use it.

Then I used OMCEdit, which is included with it, to download a big list of commands, from which I found Cut and Paste, then added them.

Reaction score
Solution 1:

Hit F11.

Solution 2:

Go to the Menu Bar, click the app's name and go to "Hide Others". That will get rid off every other app's windows. To restore them do the same thing (it will be "Show Others" now), or click on the specific app's dock icon to open one by one.

Thanks for the tip. Actually I did use F11, but at the time after pressing F11 and then I clicked on my hard drive icon every window would come back up, defeating the purpose. I tried it just now for the sake of it and it didn't do it this time. I guess that day it was just some oddity. You can cross that request of my list now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Just to let you know, pressing F11 only moves the windows off-screen.

It does not focus the Desktop (meaning you're not "on the Desktop" now).
It does not change window or application in any way. So if you're in iTunes and you press F11, you're still in iTunes.

I do admit that this makes it rather hard to use in terms of keyboard-only usage.

In my opinion, Exposé (Desktop), which is what F11 does, is best used with the mouse, by assigning it to one of the corners of the screen.

Do this in System Preferences > Dashboard & Exposé.

I for example assigned it to the bottom right corner,
so whenever I want the Desktop or need to drag a file from a folder to the Desktop or a folder on the Desktop, I just throw the mouse into the bottom right corner.

I find that this works very, very well.

Reaction score
you can Cut and paste

All you have to do is hold down the little apple right next to the spacebar and press C to copy it and V to paste is no worries

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
One thing that I find very annoying is that you have to empty Trash after you have deleted any files from a camera or a USB-stick, or the space will not be freed up for new files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.