Just Got Home!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, White Macbook, iPod Video
LOL sweet action figure on top of the router

TWM

Reaction score
Dang, that looks sweet. The new iMAC's look really good. I might have to get one of those!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4 (tiger) 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 1Gb Ram, 320Gb Hard Drive, (leopard)
Okay, got out a tape measure for you:

18" high not including stand
20.5" high with stand.
22.5" wide
2.25" thick, near as I can tell.
28" diagonally, with chin.

cheers joeriver

thats exactly what i was looking for

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
naah,man,that ugly hp looks awful there,and it made me feel like crying when you mentioned slience...my dang pc works like a plane engine,it makes my head ache all the time...and man,dont forget to post some more pics when you shut that hp out ok?

Reaction score
I'm currently @ the Apple store in Regent St, London. I have to say that the new iMac lives up to ALL the hype, and to ALL my expectations, in every way AND MORE!.

If you haven't had a chance to visit an Apple stopre yet, and see one, then I suggest that it is high time you DID!.

WOWW!!!

(btw this is being typed on a 20" iMac - new type)

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
LOL sweet action figure on top of the router

I've had that dragon a long time.....it's a representation of my dragon in Ultima Online from way back.....

Unlokia, you gonna bring that baby home?

Reaction score
I've always wondered why people used the Acronym PC as an insult to anyone who doesn't use Mac, isn't mac another PC. Lets not forget that PC stands for personal computer ;) (my side note of the thread :D)

Congrats on the purchase, I would love to move my windows desktop to a mac but I don't think I can take that leap JUST yet. Still lots of games I play on my desktop when I'm home and yes I know I can bootcamp but until I get rid of my current desktop, it's windows, then maybe I'll look at a mac pro :)

As far as that keyboard, how do you find adjusting to the keys? I played with one on the macbook, and I just couldn't get used to it, it was HORRIBLE. It's the main reason I haven't bought a macbook (that and they won't configure them with anything other than intel graphics).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
I've always wondered why people used the Acronym PC as an insult to anyone who doesn't use Mac, isn't mac another PC. Lets not forget that PC stands for personal computer ;) (my side note of the thread :D)

Dominion, it's because it was an IBM trademark back in the day. The IBM PC, then the clones were referred to as IBM PC compatibles, it just stuck.

So you had Mac / PC

ibmpc.gif

Reaction score
Dominion, it's because it was an IBM trademark back in the day. The IBM PC, then the clones were referred to as IBM PC compatibles, it just stuck.

So you had Mac / PC

I'm just watching a debate over the new iMac, at ubuntuforums. Hilarious how they think that Linux is STILL the best, and going to rule the world one day!. I agree that it has it's uses, but their own version of fanboyistic loyalty to the cause of "free and open software" is just laughable. Talk about ignorance!.

I could rant on all night about those nuts, but I shall let THEM do the ranting HAHA!. Ubuntu schmuntu!

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Okay.....moved the HP off the desk and onto a stand behind....it's almost gone. Only a matter of time.....clock is ticking......knocking on Death's door....any more good cliches'?

mac10.jpg

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm just watching a debate over the new iMac, at ubuntuforums. Hilarious how they think that Linux is STILL the best, and going to rule the world one day!.

Not an issue really. Nothing screams "hack" louder than Linux. It does have it's place I guess...makes a good web server....we're even playing with it (not my group) and have a few servers deployed in low visibility applications.

I work for an extremely large financial organization so my world is Solaris and AIX. When I walk into a large data center and see it stuffed with high end Sun and IBM servers, I think "this is a real pro job", whereas if I walk in and see some Fujitsu clones running Linux I think, "cheap hack".

Not meant to offend anyone, just IMHO. People are different and have their own opinions. I don't like Linux but "dang" doesn't bother me....go figure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Okay.....moved the HP off the desk and onto a stand behind....it's almost gone. Only a matter of time.....clock is ticking......knocking on Death's door....any more good cliches'?

mac10.jpg

Im not gunna lie, that is absolutely frikin sexy!! (Nice iphone btw ;) )

Oh and btw i heard that the apple remote is magnetic and can stick to one of the sides of the imac, is that true?

Whats that book under the iMac though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm just watching a debate over the new iMac, at ubuntuforums. Hilarious how they think that Linux is STILL the best, and going to rule the world one day!. I agree that it has it's uses, but their own version of fanboyistic loyalty to the cause of "free and open software" is just laughable. Talk about ignorance!.

I could rant on all night about those nuts, but I shall let THEM do the ranting HAHA!. Ubuntu schmuntu!

Unlokia, I have seen it too, and they are willing to go down with the ship if

deemed necessary. The Linux and open source crusade is admirable, I truly

believe that. It has not, however, progressed beyond a hobbyist level. It is

a real pain to set up and support, in spite of it's inherent stability. Linux is

clearly still just for geeks, and not ready for the larger market. No amount

of bitterness and shouting from the Linux community will change that. I think

that the complexity of it all helps them justify their own existence, being

"tweak-o-philes" and all.

Reaction score
Unlokia, I have seen it too, and they are willing to go down with the ship if

deemed necessary. The Linux and open source crusade is admirable, I truly

believe that. It has not, however, progressed beyond a hobbyist level. It is

a real pain to set up and support, in spite of it's inherent stability. Linux is

clearly still just for geeks, and not ready for the larger market. No amount

of bitterness and shouting from the Linux community will change that. I think

that the complexity of it all helps them justify their own existence, being

"tweak-o-philes" and all.

You just hit the nail, SMACK BANG on the head!. Took the words from my very mouth.

Reaction score
I know someone who swears up and down that linux is where it's at and anyone who can sit down for 10 minutes will be able to use it and get it going. All you have to say around him is "oh look what I can do with windows/osx/etc" and he'll launch into a 20minute tirade about how Linux can do it better,faster, more stable, and best of all FREE!

Are all of the mac computers coming with the remote now? I saw it listed as an item for the MBP and didn't see any storage space or it mentioned in anything but some small print on a website review somewhere.

Reaction score
I know someone who swears up and down that linux is where it's at and anyone who can sit down for 10 minutes will be able to use it and get it going. All you have to say around him is "oh look what I can do with windows/osx/etc" and he'll launch into a 20minute tirade about how Linux can do it better,faster, more stable, and best of all FREE!

Are all of the mac computers coming with the remote now? I saw it listed as an item for the MBP and didn't see any storage space or it mentioned in anything but some small print on a website review somewhere.

I'm not too sure about Mac Pro, but certainly my Mac Mini, MacBook AND iMac, all came with front row remotes (All Intel Macs). It would be a little daft to refresh the iMac, and drop the remote!.

I quote, direct from Apple iMac page:

http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

Technical Specifications
In the box

* iMac
* Apple Keyboard
* Mighty Mouse
* Apple Remote
* Cleaning cloth
* Power cord
* Install/restore DVDs
* Printed and electronic documentation

:D OOOOH a cleaning cloth!! :D yay!!

[PS] @ Joe Diver - would you be able to post some REALLY closeup, macro photos of the keyboard, as I fail to have found any decent ones on the interwebnetmajiggything. It took a trip to an Apple store, to find out that the underneath of the keyboard is white!. Sadly, I smashed by digital camera a few weeks back, otherwise I'd have done this already.

Many thanks - I am *DEFINITELY* getting the iMac now, instead of my former decision to go MacBook!. WOWWW!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:D OOOOH a cleaning cloth!! :D yay!!

The cleaning cloth comes in handy. When a Linux guy goes into a tirade

in front of your machine, you can wipe the saliva from your display.

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, but my POS digital camera isn't capable of getting close....it's old and my iPhone takes better pictures.

No stickie to iMac....tried to put the remote on it and nada....the remote triggers a nifty fade out of the desktop and 4 spinning graphics come up for music, video, pictures and DVD. Pretty neat way to look at your stuff. Kinda like, dare I say it....:Oops: Media Center:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.