• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Join the Mac-Forums Folding Team!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
and macattacks wimpy ibook has yet to acheive anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Its still helping the cause so keep it going..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
PowerBookG4 said:
I don't know.. I am moving pretty fast. I was in 30th place back in january.. now I am in 5th. I would say thats a pretty fast increase ;).. I am actually thinking about buying another computer just for this cause, I see it is very important research, not only a really fun competition.

When I said that I did not mean that I would even try to compete with you, you have a powermac quad. btw where can you check the stats?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
honestly, i don't know how to do it with out navigating to this thread... I do to this thread, and just click on the link in murlyns sig. Although I should probably make it a bookmark... another way to do it.. is to right click on the folding at home icon in the dock (if you are not using increase) and click on show statistics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i knoe i am drunk and all but i believe i am still 40,000 points (rounded drunk math) ahead of you in points

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
post # 3 in a few minutes

pbg4 (thats your new short nickname) what i mean by my very above post is that by actually cutting back on the amount of work units that y ou fold at one time you might be able to increase your PPH. doing so will make you finish WU's faster and in turn you will get more points faster.

for me, cutting back from 2 wu per processor to 1.5 wu per processor (4 total wu to 3 wu) gained me almost 3 pph and i have been finishing wu's quite faster.

what i am wondering is if you could slowly cut back on your work units to find the point in which you will maximize your pph. doing so will actually increase your points per day and have you catch up on me quicker. my main reason is because i am curious if you need to run 3 or 7 WU's in order to get the maximum pph on a quad core.

hope this made sense
-drunk(aka chris)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I will look into this tomorrow (later today) I would do it now but I just got back from the hospitol and I am just relaxing a little bit before i go to sleep.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i think we need to really come up with some sort of forum standard to help promote folding a little more, so to continue the conversation we have several options rolling right now.
-signatures like mine
-member tags (like the M-F MOTM ones)

those are the two off of my head. i think all the active folders should gang up and create some sort decision and then pester the mods (not graphite bc he would probably just ban us) until we get some sort of decision...not saying that they arent helping but they are really expecting us to come up with the final decision i think.

i really like the signatures because they can all be different for each user and represent each of us individually like a signature should. you can still add some of your own stuff to your sig and still stay within forum rules and regs.

ill probably be in the IRC chat at like 7 tonight if anyone wants to talk this over.

good day

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree that a chat has to be made, I am sorry i was unavailable at the time you wished to talk in the irc chat. I have a client I have to edit their video starting tomorrow for the next couple of days.. after I am done we should talk on aim and discuss this in detail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I like the member tags idea, but it may be hard to implement anything like a rank, but maybe just a tag that says "Folder" or "I Fold" that somehow link to this thread.

The signature is cool too, where do you go to find it, coach_z? Of course my stats will be a wimpy 59 WUs and a score of 7317, hopefully it will start rising especially if I get a new mini for the family soon.

A team rank of 736 is not bad either, considering there are only 31 members.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
F@H Signatures

yea, i created a not so popular thread a lil while ago about it: signature images feel free to post all questions and comments inside that thread.

it takes a little bit to tweak it (especially if you are making your own) like i did.
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
any new folders out there??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac 1.83 Core Duo / 12" G4 iBook / 3G iPod (white) / 5G Video iPod (black)
coach_z said:

Yes, there is at least 1 new folder out here.

I was folding when I used a PC, and just yesterday started folding on my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
coach_z said:
Hi, 1 new folder from the department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. Unfortunately all my computers are old and slow, but I'm doing what I can!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Wow we are doing really good! 704th place out of 44,190 teams! That's insane! Way to go everyone, keep it up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have been pumping out 9-12 units a day over here with these nice lil dgromacs hangin around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i'm in second place!!!!! i will surpass karl in less time than i thought and be the boards master folder!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
we need more people folding!
any questions feel free to ask

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had to stop folding because i could not get the performance I wanted and I could not temporarily turn it off and have it only start when i wanted it to work, and all other times not be on, so i had to erase it from my computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.