• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone coming to Verizon AND Sprint, or just Sprint???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think that depends on where you are in the US. I hear good things about T-Mobile in big city's.

FWIW, I loved T-Mobile; I had them for a very long time. Great service, awesome coverage in metro areas and along highways (which face it, is where like 90%+ people are ever going to use their phones), fairer pricing. I would honestly go back to them in a second if they had the iPhone.

Though that might be true... Still all the reports of an iPhone that has been unlocked for use with T-Mobile in the US confirms that you can only use it on their EDGE network not 3G due to hardware differences. I could be wrong, or that could have changed with the 3GS but that's what vie heard. Their service could be great, but would you real use an iphone in this day and age with EGDE only?

The iPhone 4 for sure, and maybe the 3GS, now supports the 2100mhz band which is one of the bands T-Mo uses for 3G so that's an interesting twist. Makes me wonder why Apple would add that now unless they were planning to give T-Mo the iPhone soon.

For all the hooplah around Verizon or Sprint getting the iPhone first, I still say, as I've said from the beginning, it will be T-Mo. T-mo already uses GSM and now that iPhone 4 supporting almost all necessary bands, there are almost ZERO hardware challenges to bringing the iPhone to T-mobile. It's going to take an entire rework of the iPhone to make it work on Verizon or Sprint.

I'm predicting we'll see T-Mo with the iPhone end of this year or early next year...and I think AT&T knows it which is why they let all the iPhone people upgrade early this time to lock them into new two-year contracts with higher ETFs.

Who are you kidding? Everybody and there brother already has the iPhone, What cheap carrier is going to get it? Verizon, Sprint? any other carrier that gets the iPhone the pricing will be right on par with At&t.

I'm not so sure I agree...it depends on who gets it. Verizon, despite all their own back patting and their over vocal fanboys, is still a traditional Bell corporate focused behemoth. They've shown no willingness in the past to really price any different than their arch-nemsis AT&T. Other than cell tech, they are pretty much the same. In that case, yes, I think the pricing would be the same.

However, both T-mobile and Sprint have been more than willing in the past to enter the market with disruptive pricing schemes and I would expect them to do the same if they really wanted to gain iPhone market share. I will say that I think without either Sprint or T-mobile's past aggressive pricing ideas, we would be paying much more right now on AT&T and Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
However, both T-mobile and Sprint have been more than willing in the past to enter the market with disruptive pricing schemes and I would expect them to do the same if they really wanted to gain iPhone market share. I will say that I think without either Sprint or T-mobile's past aggressive pricing ideas, we would be paying much more right now on AT&T and Verizon.

That does make sense Sprint and Tmobile both have really cheap unlimited plans. And in doing so both Sprint & Tmobile have been able to get the exclusivity on some really nice phones.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree. We were AT&T users for several years before switching over to T-Mobile. In our work we're on the cells for long periods of time. With our AT&T plans we were running out of air time even with roll over. With T-Mobile I can use triple the amount of air time for all our cells on the same account than I could with AT&T. And do it all for less.

And as far as Verizon is concerned, they're worse than AT&T in my opinion. We use Verizon FIOS as our ISP and also have FIOS cable TV. Their package prices started out being modest when they first brought FIOS in to this area of Texas. But after several years, they raised prices more than 30% for the same service. And.. their customer support is terrible.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
All the rumors were pointing to it happening last week, and last year, and the year before and so on. They are all just rumors and until something actually changes they will be just that.

Thus the reason this thread exists under "Apple Rumors and Reports". ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The iPhone 4 for sure, and maybe the 3GS, now supports the 2100mhz band which is one of the bands T-Mo uses for 3G so that's an interesting twist. Makes me wonder why Apple would add that now unless they were planning to give T-Mo the iPhone soon.

iPhone 4 supports 850, 900, 1900, and 2100MHz. The problem is that devices need more than just the 2100MHz band to work on T-Mobile 3G, they also require 1700MHz, which the iPhone 4 does not support. I'm thinking 2100MHz was added more for the overseas markets than for the possibility of it coming out for T-Mobile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.