• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. It is really out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
tried both the corded and bluetooth varieties and decided apple doesn't know much about mice but asthetics. nothing but problems and i stuck with both for over two weeks each. pieces of overpriced garbage IMHO.

i'll stick to my logitech MXRevolution

Reaction score
I'm quite happy with the mighty mouse. It isn't a precision machine, so I won't go out doing my Bachelors in Architecture with this device, but it's good for "Apple Point'n'Click".

I like the squeeze function, I keep squeezing my mom's Logitech Laser MX hoping for something to happen... nothing :) .

It isn't very ergnonomic, you're right, and I don't know whether Apple can figure out a way to do that without compromising their design guidelines too much. I mean, it's so recognizable, I took my MM to school once and some retard came asking why I was using an iPod Mouse.... *rolleyes*.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
i Second that. even ebay has regular BT Apple mice for cheap. or just go for a standard APPLE mouse if you want the *Apple* product line

macEfan said:
It looks really nice, but as nice as it is, the price is a little steep... $70 for a mouse.... I can do just fine a cheaper logitech mouse...

But I guess some people have want it because its matches apple's computers perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
Well I just got my bluetooth MM today. I have to say I am pleased with it however, a couple things I don't like about. One major flaw is the right-click. Its just horrible, I can get it to work maybe 1 out of 10 times. I've tried finding a sweet spot to no avail. Second, to me I didn't see much difference smoothness or accuracy. Ok, maybe its a little smoother and accurate but not by much to my standards. I haven't tried it with games yet like Call of Duty 2, that will have to wail till tomorrow. Now, the things I like about it. Defenitely like the 360 scoll bar and the zoom in feature. Battery life we'll have to see, hopefully its as good as my previous bluetooth mouse that came with my iMac, which will be for sale tonight. The side buttons require some force but not too forcefull. Just the right resistance imo. Pricing, I do agree its a bit steep, but it is new and it is an apple product. All in all I think it was worth it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have to lift your LEFT finger a bit off the surface to right click. Works every time for me if you do. I have 3 MM's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
^You're right, its working great now. I guess I was right-clicking too fast. Its something I can get used to. Sweet spot seems to be right about the right expose button.

One other thing I forgot to mention is its much lighter then my previous apple wireless mouse. I like it. :)

Jem

Reaction score
Has anyone gone from a wired MM to the BT version? I've got the wired and am pretty happy with it, although its accuracy isn't wonderful. I'm considering upgrading to the BT version next week but is there a noticeable improvement? Lots of people here seem to have come from single button mice, and fair enough, there's scroll balls, side squeezes and right clicks to tempt those users, but is there enough to convert an existing wired MM user?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
My Bluetooth mighty mouse works great, other than the side buttons, which I never use anyhow (they take far too much pressure to activate anything).

Jem

Reaction score
Hmm I'm not hearing anything from anyone who's gone from wired to wireless MM... I think I'm gonna shelve this idea and save my money. I thought the increased laser accuracy would have made a significant difference but perhaps not. :(

S

samoan_ridah

You definitely have to lift your left finger if you're planning on doing a right-click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
its a decent mouse IMO, but i still like my logitech....deff not worth the $69

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I like it quite a bit... although the side buttons require a squeeze, but the expose' function is cool... I love side-scrolling... it makes working 10+ megapixel images a breeze...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.