• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. It is really out.

Reaction score
I was very disappointed with the MM. The scroll ball always gave me problems and the right click wouldn't respond a lot of times. Plus no back or forward buttons. I love the Logitech MX1000.

Reaction score
I don't trust wireless - I had a dell wireless mouse and keyboard, sucked. had the logitech mx 1000, sucked. wireless keyboard and one click apple, sucked.

is this consistent with the suckiness?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Just got my Bluetooth mighty mouse and I couldnt be happier.
I downloaded Steermouse and it is customised to perfection. The tracking speed is perfect, I have the squeeze sides to play/pause in iTunes, the middle button to create new tab in Safari and scroll left and right to go forward/back songs in iTunes. These are bound to change as I figure things that are more important, but at the moment it is perfect.

J

jlbrew3

if you use the energizer e2 lithium, they are amazingly light, and if you use the bluetooth wireless MM, it does make a huge difference if you only use one of them. it is so light!

they are more expensive, but they last forever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Well I've been using it since last week and no problems so far. Can simple switch it off to save juice when I want and it fires up in a few seconds.

Got it with my new iMac last week and it goes great with the wireless keyboard. It's a joy to use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I copped this mouse a couple of days ago and I am loving it. Probably the best wireless mouse that I have used.

S

sdgilley

right clicking

ripfrankwhite said:
I was very disappointed with the MM. The scroll ball always gave me problems and the right click wouldn't respond a lot of times. Plus no back or forward buttons. I love the Logitech MX1000.

I initially had a problem with right clicking as well - turns out that if you have your finger on the left side of the mouse, the right click won't work. Lift up your fingers from the left side and right click works every time! Sounds hard but I got used to it after two clicks...

As for on/off button, which someone else asked - Yes, there is on on the bottom of the mouse.

I also have troube with squeezing the side buttons when the mouse is on a surface; have decided they're really for when you pick the mouse up!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
after owning the BT MM for two weeks, i am still in love with it. it is a little tricky to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it is really quite responsive. dare i say the mouse is getting as used to my habits as i am getting used to its quirks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I love mine too!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 OS X 10.3.9
What is so exciting about this mouse...
the left click, the wireless, the laser, the scroll....?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The Bluetooth, the scrolling in all directions. That is why I like it. All mice have Left Click. It's the Right click that is a new feature for an Apple Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
I will be the first to report problems in this thread with my Bluetooth MM. Scrollball has locked up so it's only sensitive to downward scrolling. Will not scroll up at all, and the ball feels lax when I try to scroll up. Any suggestions on how to take it apart and clean out underneath the scroll ball?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Has anyone tried to buy a Mighty Mouse recently? Whenever I try to add it to a cart at apple.com, it doesnt load an image or go in my cart or anything. Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 2Ghz 20", MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz 13"
I have on the way, I ordered mine last week with free shipping. Shipped next day even though it sayd 3-5 days till ship. Should be here this Wed. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I will be the first to report problems in this thread with my Bluetooth MM. Scrollball has locked up so it's only sensitive to downward scrolling. Will not scroll up at all, and the ball feels lax when I try to scroll up. Any suggestions on how to take it apart and clean out underneath the scroll ball?

Uh-oh, same here!

I've had it 5 weeks. Scrollball won't work downwards sometimes as well. Usually comes back though after a while, but it does feel like there's some dirt or dust underneath the ball. One simple solution is to blow on it! Not great fopr spreading the dust elsewhere in your mouse but hey....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I too am having the problem with scrolling. I can scroll up but not down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On a hunch, I replaced the batteries and it works fine now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I think the bluetooth MM is garbage. i bought a 24" imac with upgraded processor and graphics ram. I opted for the bluetooth upgrade and have had nothing but problems. The mouse is all over the place! The right click button is completely annoying. It works whenever I restart but only for about 10 minutes then it's off to the land of no right click. I am sending it back this week. I repaired permissions, changed the batteries and short of doing a complete uninstall/reinstall I gave up. I called tech support and they dont know what the problem is either. Beware of the evil bluetooth MM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.