• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. It is really out.

Reaction score
evolve said:
Well if it can eliminate the "jumping" that the optical mice tend to do, thats good.

You mean like when you use a very colorful mousepad. Lasers will eliminate that, because of responsiveness. They can handle the plethora of colors on a commercial mousepad while an optical mouse is overwhelmed by it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Good. I currently use the "AppleCare Service and Support Guide" as my pad. :(
I would just use the desk itself, but he grain of the wood makes the pointer "jump" I guess I have just been lazy in going to the store and getting a solid color pad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Old Apple Wireless Mouse discontinued

No surprise, but the single-button Wireless Mouse was discontinued at the same time. My avatar mourns. :mac:

I never liked the (wired) Mighty Mouse. It's a personal thing (scroll ball too small, too expensive compared to others) but the MM isn't for me. Luckily, I can now pick up a spare original AWM for a couple bucks off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
evolve said:
I agree. the price IS steep. Typical for any electronic that is new though. Think of it this way though, if you're REALLY wanting a Mighty Mouse, I'm sure the corded ones will go down in price. :yinyang:

Hmmm. Very nice, it's too exspensive for a mouse. I'd rather just stick with a $20 wireless optical mouse, Logitech.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am curious what the battery life on one of those is like..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
EDIT-XTREEM said:
Apple just released the bluetooth mighty mouse.

Thanks for heads-up. Ordered mine today. (Although I nearly choked at the price!) Since purchasing cordless keyboard two weeks ago, I've been wondering when the mouse would come. If it performs as-represented have no doubt I'll be pleased.

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
I have a laser mouse and it's ridiculously accurate, probably too much for what I use it for. I could barely shoot anything in UT2K4 at first, although it behaves much better in the Mac OS interface. I have a Logitech MX1000 and in case you were wondering the battery life is wonderful thanks to its built it battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I just hope they fixed the crummy scrollball... i went through 2 of them before i finally gave up and went back to my logitech...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
ezhangin said:
I have a laser mouse and it's rediculously accurate, probably too much for what I use it for. I could barely shoot anything in UT2K4 at first, although it behaves much better in the Mac OS interface. I have a Logitech MX1000 and in case you were wondering the battery life is wonderful thanks to its built it battery.

Yeah my wife has an MX1000 on her iMac. It's a little *too* accurate if you ask me, lol. Lasers are definately more accurate than opticals and can work on a variety of surfaces easier. My optical chokes on the couch, but the MX1000 and other lasers I've tried work just fine on anything, even glass.

I just bought the RadTech BT600 Bluetooth mouse and so far I'm pretty disappointed. The buttons are hard to push and it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be (makes my fingers feel cramped). I don't know if I'll ever get a wireless Mighty Mouse though since I wasn't especially blown away by the first one. Maybe if they made the scroll ball bigger, I might consider it. Right now I'm using a wired Logitech MX510, which I absolutely love. When they come out with a Bluetooth version of the MX510 that doesn't weigh much more than the wired model, I'll bite.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
sarahsboy18 said:
I just hope they fixed the crummy scrollball... i went through 2 of them before i finally gave up and went back to my logitech...

SB, if one gets really jammed and will not come out of it, I found a way to fix it but it's pain. Only the one that came with my iMac got that bad. My origional I got when it first came out never has had a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm going to list my wireless Apple Mouse on eBay but if someone is interested in making me an offer for a 2 month old wireless, PM me. I really need the scroll features of the wireless mighty mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
dtravis7 said:
SB, if one gets really jammed and will not come out of it, I found a way to fix it but it's pain. Only the one that came with my iMac got that bad. My origional I got when it first came out never has had a problem.

Does anyone know if this mouse has a on/off switch? I hate the ones that dont utrn off then you replace the battery in 2 weeks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
mr g5 said:
Does anyone know if this mouse has a on/off switch? I hate the ones that dont utrn off then you replace the battery in 2 weeks

I think from the pics the Mighty Mouse Bluetooth has a slide over the optical part underneath the mouse which turns it "off".

J

JKrouth

I was looking at some laser mice, and logitechs start at $70 and its wired. Maybe its expensive just because its a laser mouse.

I wonder how long it last on one battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I just bought the wireless mighty mouse and I really like it. I have been playing WoW and it is much better than using the one button BT mouse and having to hit CTRL all the time. The only thing I don't like is the squeezing both sides to launch Expose. It is kind of awkward to squeeze both at the same time. Maybe it is just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
My wife surprised me with one when I got home today!

I picked up the one with the tail for my PB and didn't use it that much b/c it just didn't feel right. So far the precision feels reel good and I'm surprised at how quick it connects.

I was reading about how it could use 1 or 2 batteries and for some reason I could not think of a reason a person wouldn't just use two. The come in packs of two or even numbers above that don't they? Of course I'm talking about the packaged batteries not the solo batteries you get out of the bucket at RS stores or 7-11's. ANYWAYS! The manual gives the reason. I don't think I buy it but at least they try. <Drum Roll Please> And the reason is....... to reduce the weight of the mouse..... Huh? Is a single battery that heavy?

Reaction score
That seems to be the consensus about why you can use it with one battery. Batteries are pretty heavy, lol...but I don't know if 1 really makes that much of a difference.

Smeshy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
so muchhhh money for like nothing ugh ill never stop using my one button wired hahaha i hate on the mighty mouse (yes i have one haha) that when ever u like click/drag in photoshop (or any program for that matter) you apply extra pressure with ur hand and expose goes crazy haha i disabled EVERYTHING and now it's just like my old one button lol

C

coolemt

i am hoping that since it is a "laser" that it will track really well... Friend of mine just bought one we will see how it does

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.