• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Releases OS X Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have them download tinker tool and unhide hidden system files and relaunch finder. They can then rehide when done.

Or they can just hold down option while using the Go menu and it shows up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What are people doing for their NTFS access? I share my external drives with various PC users and have to be able to write to NTFS. I used Paragon NTFS 7.0.2 on SL and it worked fine, but gave issues mounting in Lion (Ok with the driver disabled) so I removed it and back at square one.

What are others doing to write to NTFS? A newer version of Paragon, or a free software?

I've been using NTFS Mounter for NTFS discs. I assume it works with Lion but don't have an NTFS disk handy to try it out on....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Forgot all about good old NTFS mounter. Going to grab an NTFS USB drive and I will report back.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Forgot all about good old NTFS mounter. Going to grab an NTFS USB drive and I will report back.

Interesting - wasn't aware that Paragon had issues under 10.7. Seemed to be working this morning when I formatted a large flash drive NTFS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is anyone having problems with their macbook/pro not going to sleep when the lid is closed? Mine is refusing to go to sleep, and I just noticed it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just formatted a USB 2.0 External on my Vista notebook. Tried NTFS Mounter. Shows the drive but unlike in SL, it will still not let me write to it. I Bet they will update NTFS mounter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This IS with a hot corner! :D

Overlapping windows of the same app? Does not matter as I can still click on them and have them open.

Try the same with more windows open in a browser!
Try selecting one of the back windows, yet alone seeing what it is that you are trying to select.

This is six windows!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
So has anybody figured out a way to bring up apps that are running in the vain of cmd+tab with finger gestures? That's a pet peeve for me right now.

But here's something cool that I bet some of you didn't know:

We now officially have CUT and paste across the OS! Yes, you heard (read) me right... cut and paste is no longer relegated to text only. Here, test it out for yourself: Create a text document with Text Edit or MS Word or Ink whatever... save it to where you'd like. Now open a Finder Window and highlight it. CMD+C as usual, and now go to the directory you want to move it and then alt+cmd+V. Viola!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Try selecting one of the back windows, yet alone seeing what it is that you are trying to select.

Have you downgraded yet?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just formatted a USB 2.0 External on my Vista notebook. Tried NTFS Mounter. Shows the drive but unlike in SL, it will still not let me write to it. I Bet they will update NTFS mounter.

Maybe, maybe not. I looked for an update to it today. The last time he even updated the older version was back in 2009. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. :) Luckily I also have Paragon NTFS which does work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Pro mid 2010, OS X 10.6.7, Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, 250gb HDD
Hey, I did a clean install, it seems a little bit faster! not much.

I need some help, I installed some time ago an App called Main Menu, I didn`t like it and now everytime I turn on my mac it shows this:

How can I remove this app? it doesn`t show in Applications folder.
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Fixed my problem via an MCU reset. Glad that's all it was!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

This is six windows!

I really felt you were saying Mission Control broke your Hot Corners which do work just fine.

I have no issue with the spacing myself as long as I can click and get the program. I HATE many windows on a Web Browser anyway and always use Tabs thus one window, so it's not an issue for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe, maybe not. I looked for an update to it today. The last time he even updated the older version was back in 2009. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. :) Luckily I also have Paragon NTFS which does work.

Yeah, I'm not expecting much on this one. Maybe I'll have to get Paragon at some point.

Is anyone having problems with their macbook/pro not going to sleep when the lid is closed? Mine is refusing to go to sleep, and I just noticed it.

Having the opposite issue with my iMac. It goes to sleep (screen only) but Mouse movement doesn't seem to be sufficient to wake it up any longer. I have to hit the keyboard. My MB seems to work fine though.

I also just grabbed Cocktail 2. It's a free Public Beta that works with Lion, the final is expected to ship in August. Cocktail (the SL version) doesn't work with Lion at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just discovered that the old Leopard Docks App still works under Lion too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
Got the NTFS thing sorted, Paragon NTFS 9.0.1 works perfectly.

Reaction score
Any1 notice the MacBook not being on the apple website? I recently heard rumors that apple is upgrading their MacBook's and we might once again see a black version of the MacBook (So we might have a choice to buy either a black or a white 1).

screenshot20110722at135.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No.

First - make sure you have a backup (Time Machine or SuperDuper or CCC).

Second - shut the machine down. Turn it back on and press and hold Cmd+R. Lion Recovery will open after some time. From there, you can use Disk Utility to erase your Macintosh HD Partition. Then, select the option to reinstall install OS X.

When it finishes, you'll be prompted to transfer data from another Mac, opt to do that, and select either your Time Machine backup or your other backup drive as the source.

cwa, will that affect your BootCamped partition / boot up?
I've never done a clean install without wiping the entire drive and starting from scratch on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Any1 notice the MacBook not being on the apple website? I recently heard rumors that apple is upgrading their MacBook's and we might once again see a black version of the MacBook (So we might have a choice to buy either a black or a white 1).
Uh...You might want to sit down, I have bad news for you.

The Plastic Macbook was permanently discontinued.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.