• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple announces March 7 iPad 3 event

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
The battery life cannot be over stated. I use it all day without worrying about plugging in. When I travel - I pull out the iPad rather than the computer because I can get most of what I need done and not have to worry about plugging in.

My company is actually putting up Virtual Machine farms for our use - so I may start leaning on "The New iPad" with it's high end display to remote in to anything that needs heavy lifting. My hope is once I get a VM on the farm, and the retina display - with a BT keyboard - I can stop carrying my Computer and just remote into EVERYTHING.

I do like taking notes with Upad on my iPad. Gotten used to it and works really well for me.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
The battery life cannot be over stated. I use it all day without worrying about plugging in. When I travel - I pull out the iPad rather than the computer because I can get most of what I need done and not have to worry about plugging in.

My company is actually putting up Virtual Machine farms for our use - so I may start leaning on "The New iPad" with it's high end display to remote in to anything that needs heavy lifting. My hope is once I get a VM on the farm, and the retina display - with a BT keyboard - I can stop carrying my Computer and just remote into EVERYTHING.

I do like taking notes with Upad on my iPad. Gotten used to it and works really well for me.

Upad looks very promising. I had given up on using my iPad as a note taker after trying out at least 10 different apps - but would be willing to try again. The only catch is - I've sort of convinced myself that I'm going to get a new 11" Air when they come out - in place of the iPad.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I was allowed to build my own, dedicated XenDesktop VDI, running Win7 x64. I've already tried XenApp... now that you mention it, I should see how well my VDI works on the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Upad looks very promising. I had given up on using my iPad as a note taker after trying out at least 10 different apps - but would be willing to try again. The only catch is - I've sort of convinced myself that I'm going to get a new 11" Air when they come out - in place of the iPad.

The 11" MBA is on my radar as well. I was thinking I was going to get the iPad and use it as a secondary display for the MBA - especially with the retina display. Hopefully something like Air Display still works when all is said and done (and upgraded)

I too went through several note apps - I went with upad because it has the zoom feature, then I can type in my notes later. The drawing function is fine as well. I tried going with something with automatic recognition but with notify it was a little too crashy for my liking and the others were just hand writing recognition, no drawing. So far - for the engineering work I do, upad works great. Plus it can mark up PDF so that is also cool.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.