• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple announces March 7 iPad 3 event

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMAC 3 GHz Intel Core i5, 1TB HD, Radeon Pro 570X 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Yeah, that's a HUGE bummer. Especially with the new iPhoto. Incredibly short-sighted... but not surprising.

They are saving that for the next iPad so in 12 months you'll be buying your third iPad in two years. As BLAGO would say "it's GOLDEN".

Tom

Reaction score
iPad3

not sure on getting this just yet. get the feeling there's going to be an upgraded version soon with siri so I'm just going to wait and see.:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
not sure on getting this just yet. get the feeling there's going to be an upgraded version soon with siri so I'm just going to wait and see.:Cool:

It's hardware capable of Siri.

I suspect we'll see a non-beta version of Siri across all A4/A5 devices with iOS6

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hmmm.... this one doesn't run Siri? Just the voice dictation piece?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011 2.4GHZ 4GB Ram 500GB HD
I meant that the apple store was down so i was just confirming that the presentation is about the new iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but with this new iPad's features I think we can assume that the iPhone 5 will have 4G and possibly the multi-network ability like the iPad 3. It would be great if it does because I want 4G for the next iPhone.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but with this new iPad's features I think we can assume that the iPhone 5 will have 4G and possibly the multi-network ability like the iPad 3. It would be great if it does because I want 4G for the next iPhone.

>_>" 4G or 4G LTE? Cause this is 4G on iOS 5.1
20120309-n1sdjmn481qxm8ygxp16wwmhps.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Reaction score
Finally got one!

Well, after two years of waiting around for it to improve...I have pre-ordered myself the 3rd gen iPad. In all honesty, I wasn't completely amazed by the update from the 2, but I wanted one and knew the 3 would be out soon so decided to wait for it.

I tried to get into the UK store for hours but it was offline the whole night (of the 7th) but then at about 01:00 on the 8th, I was finally able to get my order in - it is to be delivered on the 16th and I am very much excited about it!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I think it's a load of crap to show the 4G symbol when it's not a bit faster than 3G, and is the same exact network everyone used before upgrading to iOS5.1.
I agree. They are only doing it for the marketing BS as the article says. It should really be labeled 3G+ and not 4G. Until it gives me LTE speeds I don't consider it 4G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Can we all agree on one thing? who ever gets their iPad first has to do an unboxing video and post it here so we can all see how nice it is.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm with you Chris. I haven't convinced myself yet that I really need one. I usually find if I wait several weeks after the excitement is over, I'm in a better position to make a decision. Besides, my wife needs two dental implants so it looks like that has priority for now.

Well, I caved...

I just did an in-store pickup order for an iPad 2 / 16GB WiFi.

I've had some kind of an innate yearning for one ever since I gave my company-supplied iPad 2 back last year. For the price, I just couldn't resist the temptation. Had it been over $500, that would be another story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Is it the 16th yet? :p

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Well, I caved...

I just did an in-store pickup order for an iPad 2 / 16GB WiFi.

I've had some kind of an innate yearning for one ever since I gave my company-supplied iPad 2 back last year. For the price, I just couldn't resist the temptation. Had it been over $500, that would be another story.

One of us! One of us!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of us! One of us!

Yep, yep... if I wasn't an over-the-top Apple fanboi before, I certainly am now. It was completely frivolous in that I had no real need for it... I just wanted one.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yep, yep... if I wasn't an over-the-top Apple fanboi before, I certainly am now. It was completely frivolous in that I had no real need for it... I just wanted one.

When I first got my iPad, I used it pretty frequently. Then after about two months, I rarely used it. But now, I find it's the easiest way to access info in a rush without having up wake up the computer or pull it out of my book bag (I carry both my iPad and my laptop with me to school). I agree it's no different than using an iPhone, but if you're heavily using your iPhone for the whole day, you're going to be in the red with your battery in no time at all. I'm heavily addicted to watching video on-the-go.

My iPad is proving also to be really nice for school between classes. I don't take notes on it. But when I need to kill some time between classes, it's a great tool for studying and entertainment. The battery life is the main reason I'm using it more than ever. In the school library, pretty much all the electrical outlets are taken by people with laptops along the walls. But with my iPad, I can sit wherever I like with the least amount of disruption. And when you use your noise-canceling earbuds, you're in your own little world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.