10.5.2 is out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
good question.It doesnt state.Well i did not clck on the drop down menu.it just said update.I knew something was going on when i tried to plug my iPhone in to charge around 4:40pm and nothing going until i rebooted and connection and then the lovely update box appeared

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does the combo update work on both the PowerPC and Intel?

I have a feeling it works for both. I clicked the Download link and only one version for download at 340MB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
My download was 180MB. I also had to download a separate Leopard graphics thing once 10.5.2 started up.
My computer restarted 3 times after it installed 10.5.2. After the second restart, the computer ejected both optical drive trays but only sucked one of the trays back in.
I repaired permissions and this baby is FLYING!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My download was 180MB. I also had to download a separate Leopard graphics thing once 10.5.2 started up.
My computer restarted 3 times after it installed 10.5.2. After the second restart, the computer ejected both optical drive trays but only sucked one of the trays back in.
I repaired permissions and this baby is FLYING!!

Yes so was my download.It is moving hella fast now~!I was starting to wonder about all of the extra memory that i put in this baby because it was like pulling teeth compared to running tiger on other iMacs within my household.But now i am more than pleased!

Reaction score
Well if there is only one download for the combo, it's kinda self-explanatory that it is UB. I downloaded the combo and it installed on my SR MB fine, as did the Leopard graphics update. I love the way that you can now have folders sitting next to the trash can, that ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE folders, as they did in Tiger etc. List view is great - I'd lie if I said it is amazing - HOW is it?... it's just something simple that should have been there in the FIRST place!. But thanks Apple.

I see that sluggish old spaces STILL is sluggish and sticks when fading back to the desktop, as I hold down SHIFT with 10.5.2. I think spaces is useless anyhow, so it doesn't bother me; shame they didn't fix it though.

I see that Disk Utility still is fixed when repairing perms. About time too.

Expose is STILL sluggish and jerky - why is this not fixed, after all this time AND two updates?. My Macbook SR has FOUR gigs of ram and it's jerking like crazy, as if it is getting caught on something. So much for graphics update 1.0 :eek: :eek:
[awaits fanboy retort ;)]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a feeling it works for both. I clicked the Download link and only one version for download at 340MB.

Im trying to figure out how your install was 340MB...??Did you download from apples website or did you download via software update?please do tell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My MB C2D freakin' flies. Stacks ar back to how they should be ie: Tiger menu style and the dock and menu bars look hella better without translucency. Apple gets an A+ with this one.

Reaction score
My MB C2D freakin' flies. Stacks ar back to how they should be ie: Tiger menu style and the dock and menu bars look hella better without translucency. Apple gets an A+ with this one.

Try Expose in slo-mo matey; you will soon be crying into your cornflakes. It's pathetic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok, I've decided to come out of the closet and admit it. I'm a guinea pig, and proud of it! :D :D

So far, all looks good here. I want to say 10.5.2 seems snappier overall, but then I'm the sort of person who actually thinks my car seems a bit more responsive after getting a simple oil change. *shrug*

It looks like that lockup I was having in some menu bar items (Date/Time in particular) when my 3G firewire iPod was plugged in is gone also. So that pretty much wraps up the only problem I was aware I had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2, Hac Pro
I had the 340mb one and also did the graphics. Little over a half our to totally complete.

Good news my AirPort seems to be working much better. Haven't had much time to play with it as I was walking out the door when it finished. Bad news my iChat is still screwy at home. Works flawlessly anywhere else. :(

Reaction score
I had the 340mb one and also did the graphics. Little over a half our to totally complete.

Good news my AirPort seems to be working much better. Haven't had much time to play with it as I was walking out the door when it finished. Bad news my iChat is still screwy at home. Works flawlessly anywhere else. :(

Half an HOUR? wow are you on dialup with 128Mb ram?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was thinking the same thing.I have been playing with the feature sets since about 5pm and everything moves 2 times faster than before the update.I have been able to burn my movies using toast titanium(I keep logs of how long it takes me to burn my
movies)quicker than before and it not drain me from doing several other tasks as before.Im very pleased!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I was thinking the same thing.I have been playing with the feature sets since about 5pm and everything moves 2 times faster than before the update.I have been able to burn my movies using toast titanium(I keep logs of how long it takes me to burn my
movies)quicker than before and it not drain me from doing several other tasks as before.Im very pleased!

Agreed, even without the graphics update, things are moving along much better than I remember under 10.5.1. Downloading the second update now.

Interestingly enough, my screen seems brighter - and when I turn up the backlight all the way, it's now incredibly brighter than I believe it's been in the past. Maybe it's just me....

Anyway, I am pleased that the old list view is back. I like the transparent menus, so that's not a big deal for me. I still wish Stacks would scroll in fan view, but apparently that's not happening. Fortunately, I read an article about someone who is working on a utility to do just that.

Otherwise, I'm really quite pleased with this update. I think they should have waited to release Leopard until now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Try Expose in slo-mo matey; you will soon be crying into your cornflakes. It's pathetic.

Sorry, Expose is VERY FAST here on 5 machines ranging from a 1.8Ghz G4, a 2.1Ghz G5 to an Intel 1.66 Core Duo Mini. In fact it was never slow and jerky here. Never.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ill tell you 1 thing that seems to not have changed.....Time machine!Yes very cool interface but ohhh sooo draining to me still.Cannot pick a specific file set.I am just nit picking basically.It goes to say you cannot please all of the people all of the time.Even though i disabled Time Machine immediately anyway.still zip zip zippin though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It looks like that lockup I was having in some menu bar items (Date/Time in particular) when my 3G firewire iPod was plugged in is gone also. So that pretty much wraps up the only problem I was aware I had.

I spoke too soon... STILL a problem. Grrrr.....

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ill tell you 1 thing that seems to not have changed.....Time machine!Yes very cool interface but ohhh sooo draining to me still.Cannot pick a specific file set.I am just nit picking basically.It goes to say you cannot please all of the people all of the time.Even though i disabled Time Machine immediately anyway.still zip zip zippin though!

Yeah, still am not seeing the option to use a network drive for Time Machine, that is a disappointment. Let's hope that option arrives around the time Time Capsule ships...

Reaction score
Nothing like downloading 341 megs of new code, rebooting twice (always a heart-stopper!) to be rewarded with a 48 meg update to the update! There is smoke coming off of my router....

Reaction score
Nothing like downloading 341 megs of new code, rebooting twice (always a heart-stopper!) to be rewarded with a 48 meg update to the update! There is smoke coming off of my router....

I'd return it as hazardous... that ain't normal ;). 400Mb is nothing... are YOU on dialup ALSO?? lol.

Reaction score
<fingers-crossed>I hope this fixed my shutdown and boot camp issues </fingers-crossed>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.