• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Windows Developer: Remarkable Experience with Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
A legacy Windows developer was developing some code under a beta of Leopard, and he had a remarkable experience with Apple.
"Here I am, Joe Shmoe Cocoa Newbie, that has absolutely no business asking people at Apple to waste their time on me, and they went out of their way to not only verify that my code wasn't at fault, but also reproduced the instability, told me what might be causing it, and even sent my project back with a few tweaks and optimizations.

In contrast, the situation according to the author has been quite different with Microsoft. Mr. Hoffman reported, "Any of you reading this who have been inside Microsoft betas know that the experience is quite radically different. There is a faceless "submit" button to which you can send your bug reports, but in all my years of testing Microsoft products, I have never received a reply to any of the bugs I've submitted, let alone confirmation that the issue was truly an issue and not a mistake on my part."

Source: http://www.macobserver.com/article/2007/04/02.11.shtml

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Pretty interesting.
People who get some resolution to a problem are almost always happier than people who get no feedback at all, even if things went fairly well in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
This is probably why Mac OS is so stable (they take their reputation and bug reports seriously). Microsoft blames third party drivers all the time.

Everything about the Mac developer tools and design of the product oozes quality.

Microsoft makes you pay for the developer IDE as well. It used to be free for Windows Mobile, but you have to buy Visual Studio 2005 and install a plugin.

No wonder there's so few free applications that are good on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
WOW. Balmer needs a huge chill. All sweaty, at times, that guy scares me. I never seen that video before LOL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.