• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Whats your occupation?? Where do you live??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Thanks. He was a great guy and lived a long life.

It's cold here today. -8F right now and high winds. Brrr...can't wait till spring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I live in Miami, FL
Im currently a CAD operator for a construction company
and studying Architecture at Florida International University

M

MacHeadCase

I'm a full-time student in desktop publishing. Worked as paste-up for 15 years in various printing shops and other types of facilities. Then with the computer revolution went back to study in Technology Architecture (the program in French is Technologie d'architecture) which makes you a technician, not a full-fledged architect. Here, you become an architect with that type of diploma after working for 10 years as a technician and then you have to pass an exam. I then went to university in Urbanism, wanted to switch to Architecture the year after but caved in living off student loans and bursaries which makes you poorer than poor.

Took up my summer job full-time, which was cleaning woman in a hospital for about 15 years. Fell sick from the use of the industrial disinfectants and solvents.

Still have about 13 years on the work force so decided to go back to school and learn desktop publishing, which is full-circle, I guess.
icon10.gif

And ya'll know in which city I live. I was born there too.

Reaction score
I sell medical supplies to labs and hospitals. And I'm trying to finish college.
I call Miami home.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Computer/Network Tech living in Modesto in Central California.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I sell medical supplies to labs and hospitals. And I'm trying to finish college.
I call Miami home.

Awesome kilo15! Its nice to meet another Miami resident on Mac-Forums. What college do you attend? I go to FIU

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'm active duty in the U.S. Navy stationed on the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72). It's one of those aircraft carriers... the big ones... 1092 ft. long, 257 ft. wide, 4.5 acres of flight-deck. Although I work on an aircraft carrier, I don't do anything with airplanes. I'm a Nuclear-trained Machinist's Mate - ie. steam plant mechanic. I work in the machinery room, not the reactor room, so I deal with making water, electricity, and propulsion. Right now my ship is nearing the end of an overhaul in Bremerton, WA, and shortly we will return to our home port of Everett, WA off and on throughout the year. Currently I reside in Bremerton, WA, but am in process of moving to a new place a few miles out of Oak Harbor, WA. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
teacher/asst principal in Arkansas (supposed to be working right now instead of looking at these forums :))

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Student. Ohio or, for you dyslexics out there, Oiho. Not much of a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently shopping for my first Mac.
I'm currently an IT Consultant servicing about a half dozen different clients.

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Rockville, Maryland
International arms merchant

Hey Todd...I actually lied...I'm in the states and a I work for the ATF.....-:)

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
ATF is one of my customers. :)

Thought you looked familiar....I'm right for arms at the moment...they're both still working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
AliG Show: "So does you ATF's sell Alcohol n' Guns 'n stuff"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm a teacher's assistant at an elementary school. I'm going to school to be a teacher so, I'm trying to get my foot in the door. I live in sountern cali. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.