• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Whats your occupation?? Where do you live??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
We really do! ...We seem to be a very secluded from the mac enviroment here in NC...quite unfortunate. Wilmingtons great, have a few aunts and cousins living there, my family is from there actually. My grandfather built a few of the house of Towles rd. if you happen to have chanced by it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
School Psychologist Work in the Bronx, live in Manhattan.

Reaction score
I've loved those jets since i was a kid. Is there any chance on them being replaced by the Raptor or are they still the big dog?

Eh, they're getting along in years. Binary input and analog gauges aren't too 21st century, you know? They'll be phased out for the new F-35 Lightning II (aka joint strike fighter) over the next decade. The F-22 Raptor is a little too pricey to ever be as profitable as the 16.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Eh, they're getting along in years. Binary input and analog gauges aren't too 21st century, you know? They'll be phased out for the new F-35 Lightning II (aka joint strike fighter) over the next decade. The F-22 Raptor is a little too pricey to ever be as profitable as the 16.

F-16 in your avatar, right? I have some fond memories of when I used to play Falcon 4.0 on my old G3 imac - I even uncovered a well hidden secret in the game :D Anyway, that's a pretty interesting job you've got. I'm not a real enthusiast, but I've always loved the design of the F-16.

As for me, I currently work as a graphic artist for Apollo bikes. Started a couple of months ago now, and I've been designing masses of decals for bikes and all sorts of flyers. Crazy that we only have two designers (myself included) for their entire range of bikes, nationally and (I presume) internationally - 2 designers!! As for where I live - Victoria, Australia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Whoah! If ever I need tips or info on English typographical rules, can I PM you taleen? I am learning all about French typographical rules but they are different from the ones found in English I've been told.

If you are using French rules at your job and there may be file sharing with other computers in other firms where they use English rules, there might be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I've got one more year of College and I will be living here next year

n4502794304604049832ub9.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Economics and Computer Science double major

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
I am a Junior at Park University, in Kansas City, Missouri studying Early American History.

I've been in the Air Force for 7 years in July, and am a C-130 Loadmaster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Haha well thats a dorm, but I'll take it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz MacBook
4th year UBC student from Vancouver, Canada. Heading over to Glasgow University on exchange in September! Anyone heading that way?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.