• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
As a kid, I grew up listening to a lot of R&B and Soul because that's what my aunts/uncles were listening to at the time. My friends were listening to late '60s and early '70s Rock so I joined in with that.

My grandfather had a few country music albums around the house so artists such as Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride, and Hank Williams got added to the list of artists I listened to regularly.

I'll check that group out.

rps

Reaction score
I’m actually working on an arrangement of Arlo Guthrie’s My Front Pages…interesting song.

rps

Reaction score
Currently researching Townes Van Zandt’s Tecumseh Valley….interesting piece

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I’m actually working on an arrangement of Arlo Guthrie’s My Front Pages…interesting song.
I don't remember hearing that song before despite having a few of Arlo's albums in my library. I also have some of his dad's tracks in there as well.

I don't know if this is up your alley or not but here's some info on the Louisiana Hayride radio show which ran from the 1940s through the early 1960s on a radio station in our area. Several performers who appeared there became legends in country and early rock. Legends such as Hank Williams Sr, George Jones, and some unknown named Presly appeared regularly.

I think I remember hearing snippets of this show on that same radio station late at night sometime in the 1980s. While I was looking up that link I started to wonder if any of the old shows were available. Sure enough, there is an archive of over 500 tracks that is available from a German record company. This page has a track list.

rps

Reaction score
I don't remember hearing that song before despite having a few of Arlo's albums in my library. I also have some of his dad's tracks in there as well.

I don't know if this is up your alley or not but here's some info on the Louisiana Hayride radio show which ran from the 1940s through the early 1960s on a radio station in our area. Several performers who appeared there became legends in country and early rock. Legends such as Hank Williams Sr, George Jones, and some unknown named Presly appeared regularly.

I think I remember hearing snippets of this show on that same radio station late at night sometime in the 1980s. While I was looking up that link I started to wonder if any of the old shows were available. Sure enough, there is an archive of over 500 tracks that is available from a German record company. This page has a track list.
Thanks for this. In the early days of Country music radio stations had “hayrides”. Your local one was quite popular and starred many who were excluded from the Grand Ole Opry. Williams and Presley most notably….that is until they grew so big the Opry relented.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
KWKH radio, which had originally aired Louisiana Hayride, ran a few of the old Hayride tracks as part of a show that I think was called the Ark La Tex Trucking Road Show. The entire show was classic country music. I don't remember if it was a regular feature or a one-time thing.

One night I heard a track from what might have been Hank Williams's last performance. It was difficult to listen to in the sense that he was having great difficulty remembering the lyrics to one of his signature songs. This performance would have been near the end of his career when his addictions had pretty much-taken hold.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 Mini, 2020 MacBook Air
oops. Double-posted. (Where's the "delete post" button?)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
On Broadway - George Benson

rps

Reaction score
I’ve been researching the songs of Shel Silverstein lately. Quite an interesting resume for him….talk about being creative.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) 8GB
Steppin Out by Joe Jackson.
oh, the good old days

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
JazzFest 2024 is live on WWOZ New Orleans. You can catch the live stream now through Sunday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM US Central time. Part two will be next Thursday through
Sunday at the same time.

Although it's called JazzFest, you can find a very eclectic collection of music being broadcast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.