• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What Song Are You Listening To Now?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Classic FM is on all day here. My wife listens to it all the time - even when she nods off or is in another part of the house;)

I'm not allowed to touch the controls:LOL:

Ian

TimSteve

Reaction score
I don't contribute much to this particular Forum. I'm rather scared that my choices may seem.........odd.

But I've just listened to this for the umpteenth time:

Andrea Chenier, Act 4: Vicino a te s'acqueta

Ian
You have an excellent selection I thoroughly enjoy this duet.

TimSteve

Reaction score
Classic FM is on all day here. My wife listens to it all the time - even when she nods off or is in another part of the house;)

Ian
Haha, it sounds like you have a classic situation on your hands! :D I can understand why you might feel hesitant to touch the controls. Sometimes it's just easier to let our wives have their way when it comes to certain things, ;) like choosing the radio station. But hey, at least you can appreciate the fact that Classic FM is playing beautiful music all day long. Perhaps you can find some common ground and enjoy the music together. After all, there's nothing wrong with a little compromise, right? ;) :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MacBook Pro 16/1000 GB Sonoma ; 2017 Intel MacBook Air 8/256 GB Monterey
Being of a certain age I usually listen to lots of golden oldies on Boom Radio UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)

Ian
Heh! I'm the one who has ClassicFM streaming all the time through the app on my iPhone. When I go anywhere in the car, it connects by Bluetooth to the car's audio system. I found ClassicFM on one visit to UK quite a while ago, got the app, now have been a listener for maybe 10 years or so?

She puts up with it. Finds it not objectionable, but she doesn't listen to it as much as I do.

Currently planning Finzi, Romance in Eb Major, Opus 1.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@FanolaHa

I don't think we've had the pleasure of welcoming you to our Forums. I can do that now.

We have an "Introduce Yourself" forum where you are invited to tell us about yourself and can be found here:

You may wish to post there, perhaps:) (y)

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I'm not listening to anything right now, but I'm seriously thinking of getting rid of Amazon Music.

rps

Reaction score
I’ve been curating songs for a Country music site in the U.K., lately I have been researching songs of the 1920s. During my research I found a 20s arrangement of “Walk Right in” by Gus Canon and The Jug Band Stompers….not the 12 string arrangement we all know by The Roof Top Singers….who knew…

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Wow. I didn't know that there was a version of that song that went that far back.

Now you've got me questioning my credentials as a country music fan. This coming from a guy who grew up hearing artists like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams (Sr. and Jr.), and Roy Acuff among many others.

rps

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't know that there was a version of that song that went that far back.

Now you've got me questioning my credentials as a country music fan. This coming from a guy who grew up hearing artists like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams (Sr. and Jr.), and Roy Acuff among many others.
Yup, it’s sung in a rag time with very similar lyrics to the 1960s version. Many of the Country songs of the 20s are in what I call the “camp fire” class…known by everybody...and they were covered by ol’ Johnny as well…. The Prisoner Song, I’m In The Jailhouse Now.on and on. For real fun check out Rodgers’ Everybody Does It In Hawaii…..

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Chas, if you're reading this, I hope you're proud of the fact that 10 years on this thread continues engage our members.
Me, I'm currently listening to "Go your own way" by Fleetwood Mac over the speakers at the Adelaide Cricket Ground during the ODI (One Day International) between Australia and the West Indies. That's 20/20 limited over cricket for those of you unfamiliar with the game. ;)

JesseMorrison

Reaction score
I decided to get back to my teenage period and started to listen to 50 cent, 2Pac and Notorious BIG all over again, it's just a good reminder of the old days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Old Days?" In my teenage years we had Presley, Sam Cooke, The Drifters and Ben E King!

rps

Reaction score

Skydude, I would be interested in your thoughts on Country music…if you are interested you can check out the site Three Chord Country Ukulele on FB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.