• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What car should I buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's a Mazda and unreliable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
It's a Mazda and unreliable.

I don't know about that, there were two mazdas in my family that lasted until around 160,000 miles each, until the oil leak got so bad and the a/c stopped working, did we decide to throw them out. I'm not sure about any major problems that came up during the life of the car, but they lasted a while, considering they were 13 years old when we got rid of them.

If you want an extremely reliable car you have to go with Acura, I have a 1996 RL, with 210,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ, no problems what so ever, except a window regulator broke ($80 fix), I have heard of these cars lasting till 260,000 miles. I'm determined to run it into the ground, or get a Prius next year, it gas prices go out of control.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac | 30GB iPod Video | 16GB iPod Touch
I picked the Honda Accord Coupe... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I'm in love with the new Accord...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
idk
just FYI: infinity g series holds the same engine as the nissan 350z

jah

Reaction score
for reference, the guy wants a 4 door but

the best gas saver ever is a honda civic-vx, they made this hatchy 92-95. honda made about 7 models of the civic and this one is hard to spot. a vx has cast wheels not steel and a v-tec engine tuned for extreme efficiency. its weight is 2100 lbs and was the hi tec at the time, but its not a hybrid, takes regular gas, not turbo. its body style is simple and not out of date. expect a total run time of maybe 250,000 miles so something with 140K has lots of life.

other cars that come to mind, none of them are 4door:
honda s2000, ap1 version
louts elise
honda insite (its a hybrid tho)

good luck in a g35 $$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
^^

The VX was a hatchback and it had the Enkei or Konig rims (the only Civic to have aftermarket but stock rims in those days). The later model was the CX (also a hatch) and the HX (a coupe.) I thought the CRX HF got even better gas mileage, nearly 50MPG. But at 60HP, is it worth it?

An Elise would by certainly be my car of choice but last time I checked they were 50k.

Reaction score
First off, congrats.

Now, here's the thing. Honda's are known to be very reliable cars and need next to nothing maintenance. Of course the standard oil change etc', but you will be almost rest assured that your car will last a long time.

350z's are awesome in my opinion. Nissan and Infiniti is like Honda and Acura or Lexus and Toyota.

Infiniti is a bit more luxurious.

Also, you might want to look into a BMW :D

Of course, I'm a BMW fanatic but who cares O:)

Also, Subaru WRX/STI. Very nice cars too, and you could find nice deals on them.

Not necessarily the new ones, but 06/07 and down.

But I really suggest just going out one day and test driving any car that you might think about.

Oh, and Mazda RX-8's are nice, but Mazda is known for many problems and breakdowns so I don't think you'd want to go that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.