• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What car should I buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i agree with cl33zero go for a bike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Man for my graduation I got a casio watch and a coffee mug.....

Save yourself the headache and get a Toyota. FYI Toyota makes Scion. The TC is based off of the corolla chassis and powertrain. I used to work on Toyota's and am Toyota certified in every area but Transmissions and Auto Body

Reaction score
Ok ok. Before I get blamed for anyones death. Please, please. DO NOT get on a Super Sport with no experience. YOU WILL DIE.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I considered buying a motorcycle but then I thought about future dates and and where they would sit....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Ok ok. Before I get blamed for anyones death. Please, please. DO NOT get on a Super Sport with no experience. YOU WILL DIE.

Thanks

That YOU WILL DIE made me laugh,

I was reading an article today about driving in Germany and the autobahn, and what new drivers shouldn't do while driving there, and EVERYTHING ended don't do it cause you'll die.

Reaction score
That YOU WILL DIE made me laugh,

I was reading an article today about driving in Germany and the autobahn, and what new drivers shouldn't do while driving there, and EVERYTHING ended don't do it cause you'll die.

Lol, well it may have been funny, but I was being quite serious. Its sounds "pansy" but really, please dont get on one without learning (and I mean really learning) to ride. Way to many stories........

Anything 600 and up is serious business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
Lol, well it may have been funny, but I was being quite serious. Its sounds "pansy" but really, please dont get on one without learning (and I mean really learning) to ride. Way to many stories........

Agreed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It still comes down to the rider though. You can have a 100cc bike but if you drive like a fool then you'll wreck it. I like the 1000cc series bikes personally

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Oh yea I totally agree with that, I guess it came out wrong, I know some people who have gotten seriously injured by thinkning they own the road and seppeding, one of them clipped a car's side view mirror and spun out, broke both of his legs, an arm, and 4 ribs. And a coach at my school hit a wall and died, he was going 100+ down a street, lost control and well, yea..

I totally agree you must learn to walk be for you can run.

Reaction score
It still comes down to the rider though. You can have a 100cc bike but if you drive like a fool then you'll wreck it. I like the 1000cc series bikes personally

Ya I know what your saying. But your average non rider looks at them and just thinks "Wow, that would be fun" having know idea just how fast they can really go and the danger of really riding with traffic and just how much the bikes will scare them once they are on. The 1000 class is essentially production racebikes, including only a smattering of street equipment to make them road legal. Even the smaller 600s will do a 1/4 mile is just over 10 seconds.

[Edit] Sorry for hijacking the thread. It went from car, to joke (with a bit of my opinion) to seconding the joke, to disclaimer, to safety meeting. I just really feel that I personally need to make attempts to keep people from making stupid mistakes so many others I know have. Sorry though.

Reaction score
If you are going to spend $30k, don't buy a 20k car and put 10k into it... just don't...

Out of those choices, I would says 350z since you could get a new one within budget, if you can swing it, get a G37 though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
What do you guys think? I am thinking about a car in the $30,000 price range. It is for when I graduate (Dec. next year) and a Christmas present. It can be a little more than the $30,000, or it could be less. For now, my list contains the bottom of the line Infiniti G35 Coupe Sport, the brand new Honda Accord Coupe (AWESOME!), the Scion tC (with a turbo kit or some other mods), and the Nissan 350Z. As you can tell, I'm going for the FAST coupe models. Also, I would like to stay away from American cars. No offense, my family has just had bad luck with Ford, Dodge, and Chevy in the past and I don't really want to deal with it. I would like for the car to have GPS and DVD in the dash, as well. If you guys can think of some other model of car for me to check out, let me know! Or, just post your pick for my new car!!!

Being in Australia I'm not even sure what most of those cars are....but I voted anyway.:Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If you are worried about room, I'd take the Scion tC off your list. There isn't much room anywhere in that car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Get one that gets good gas mileage. Premium gas is $5 a gallon here in Chicago. Hurray for Chicago with the highest gas prices and soon to be sales tax (10.25%) in the US.

Makes me wonder if getting a car is a good idea. Mine was stolen last week and it's not likely to turn up ('95 Honda.)

Me, i'm a Honda/ Toyota guy. I loved my Sol and now am looking into getting a MR2. I will agree, coupes and roadsters are the way to go. No need to drive a family car or haul around a second row of seats if your a bachlor with some $$.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was just thinking about it today, and even though my parents pay for my gas as of right now, I will be paying for it in the future, so why not a Prius?? Cause gas is still going up and isn't going to stop for a while..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16 GHz 4GB
Save some money and go for the Mazda MazdaSpeed 3!

-263hp, 280ft/lbs...whats not to love

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.