Using two mice/cursers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Just got a hot tip;

When in Pages etc, I can stop/start the vid while remaining in Pages for typing, by hitting F8.

Now if there was a F key that I could convert to 'backspace 5 seconds'.....

With the use of Spark.app that I mentioned above (free) or SimpleKeys.app ($20.00±) or similar, that both support applescript and keystroke modifications amongst other stuff, I'm sure you could do what you want.

I'm also wondering about possibly using some voice commands with the Accessibility Pref Pane or Keyboard shortcuts.

As an old AppleScript guru told me many years ago, if you can think it, you can probably do it.

My problem is I'm not very good with AppleScript or Automator. Both VERY useful applications often overlooked it seems.

- Patrick
======

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Thanks Patrick,
Great ideas I will chase them down.

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Sometimes the answer is right in front of my nose.... [The family tradition is a Roman Nose ;)))) ]

Turns out the Apple KB has the F8 button for Pause/Play and either side are the; F7 Rewind and F9 Fast FWD.

Okam's Razor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sometimes the answer is right in front of my nose.... [The family tradition is a Roman Nose ;)))) ]

Turns out the Apple KB has the F8 button for Pause/Play and either side are the; F7 Rewind and F9 Fast FWD.

Okam's Razor.

Isn't it amazing what one can find sometimes.

Then I guess one could always get around to RTFM when one makes the time to do so. :Smirk:

I hope the solution you discovered will do what you want to do.

I'm not clear on how or what you are using for keyboard key shortcuts for switching or selecting between the two applications. But it sounds like you're winning and accomplishing what it was you were wanting to do. Congratulations.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.