The Switcher Stereotype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Yes, IE for Mac is very old. I have had pretty decent luck with Camino, it works for about 95% of what I need. The 5% that it isn't perfect for is at least usable, with the occasional IE only restrictions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Yes, IE for Mac is very old. I have had pretty decent luck with Camino, it works for about 95% of what I need. The 5% that it isn't perfect for is at least usable, with the occasional IE only restrictions.
You could try enabling the debug menu in Safari and setting the User Agent to MSIE6. A quick Google search will bring up how to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
bryphotoguy,

Thanks for the negative rep. No, seriously. If you can't give your name when you give neg rep, I won't respect you. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, AppleTV2 (x2), iPad1
As a new Mac owner, but not a "switcher" I've got to say that every stereotype I'm reading here from some of you guys has a counterpart in the PC world. Yes, there are ignorant PC users who will say "Macs suck" and have nothing to justify that, but I have seen just as many Mac users saying the same thing about PCs with the same lack of justification.

I love my new Mac. Does that make my PCs pices of junk? Nope. Are some things easier to do with a Mac? Yes. Others are easier to do on a PC. Mac hardware tends to be prettier. It also tends to be more expensive, but that is apparently because it's built a little more solidly.

Why did I buy a Mac? Because after playing around with a few, I have come to appreciate their strengths. I have to be honest though, the Mac ads on TV are getting to be a bit ridiculous. I've worked on PCs for more than a decade and a lot of the statements passed off as facts in those commercials simply are not.

Also, let's not ignore the obvious stereotyping put forth by Apple in those commercials, just from the characters. The young, hip, good-looking guy is the Mac, and the old, chubby, stuffy-looking guy is the PC.

IMHO, if you have a good product, you should be able to sell it without taking such blatant cheap shots at your competition. I think Apple has a great product, and I think it can sell itself. I also think that their ad strategy keeps a lot of people from trying out Mac computers simply because they don't agree with they way Apple has chosen to go about it.

But, that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
bryphotoguy,

Thanks for the negative rep. No, seriously. If you can't give your name when you give neg rep, I won't respect you. Thanks :)

...you're welcome. I guess.
I am tired of all the anonymous negative rep Ive gotten recently. I am not going to be a jerk and be a chicken like others here. If you felt I was wrong for leaving you negative rep, you should have the ability to give me negative rep.
Thanks for the positive rep though. You're always helpful so I am giving you a lot of positive rep (I hope.) Glad there are no hard feelings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
I've noticed more and more lately that I find people being jealous of my MBP when I'm using it in public, class, or work. More than ever people are now saying, "Oh I wish I had gone with a Mac" or "I'm getting one as my next machine."

As for the stereotypes, I find it hilarious when someone drops the line "Macs just can't do what I need them to do." And what exactly might that be? It's often something SO stupid such as run MS Office! The fun thing about this is you then get to blow their minds by showing them office mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
i'm really sick of people going "its hard to operate" and "i'm too used to windows" or something along the lines of that.

exactly the same :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
LOL about the guy who thought a dual G5 tower sucked, but an iMac was the cat's meow... he's done his homework clearly.

My personal pet-peeve is people, INCLUDING MAC USERS, who say how lousy Macs are for games. Get this: THEY AREN'T. Even something like a mini still has plenty of games that will run well on it. I use my G5 tower for Doom3, Halo, and Homeworld 2, and I'm an avid X-plane junkie with my own rudder pedals and the Saitek X52 flight control system (which is apparently "for PC only" because "MAC" isn't written on the box- yet somehow it works just fine!) No game has ever crashed on my system, and my frame rates are awesome... plus it has built in 5.1 surround out the optical port!

"Macs suck!" LOL... mine will be running the latest games with ease for years to come.

i didn't know that was possible which graphics card do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Yh games run better on macs than pc just like with windows everything runs better on a mac. I got a MacBook that im playing COD4 on with vista on a tiny 10GB partition plus all latest macs that i know of are DX10 compatible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
The beauty of MacOS when it comes to games is the lack of DirectX. I know it's silly, but DirectX is more of a hinderance than a help when it comes to the longevity of a machine. If every couple of years a new DirectX standard comes out, developers jump on the DirectXwhatever bandwagon, thus rendering tons of machines obsolete. As far as required processing power, many previous generation machines are plenty capable of running new games, but DirectX10, for example, has made it a sketchy experience for someone with slightly older hardware...

Sorry for the slightly off-topic response...

Back on topic:

The comment about Macs suck for games kind of bugs me a bit, too. Pair this comment with "Macs are so expensive" and that really bugs me. My 17" MBP does exceptional for a notebook in the gaming arena, besting nearly every consumer Windows notebook on the market. It's also quite fun for people to comment about "I didn't know they made X game for Macs" - then I exit out and get the "I didn't know Macs ran Windows" comment. I just love when people ask how much it costs, or make comments to the effect of "that must have been expensive" when they are sitting there on their comparably priced Dell or HP that struggles with gaming because it is a "Media" rig...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.