• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The stupid Mac vs. Windows crap!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
[edited due to content]

Good u use your MSPaint and believe its better than Photoshop.
Believe that Mac has wronged you by offering horrid software.
rely on what you want.

H

HopperJonusFang

MS Paint is certainly better than the paint program that comes with Appleworks anyway.. I mean yuck! Sorry Apple! :(

T

TylerMoney

The only thing pc's have over mac is games. And that won't be for much longer; with os x, there is just a matter of time before a whole slu of games will run on both mac and pc....almost all blizzard games already do it...neverwinter nights...halo, urt.....I'm sure quake will eventually...or does it already?...anyways....if you are an avode gamer....get a pc too...if they're really cheap. Sure desktop wise they're cheaper...but what you get out of an ibook or pbook, laptop prices are very similar.

W

WilliS

rofl omg, MS paint?!

are you guys for real?

let me personally give you all $5 and send you out to buy a kids program from 1995 and you will still get a better editing program than ms paint

go get photoshop, use it, learn it, love it....there is no better editing tool than photoshop and its addons

i dont think ive ever made anything worth making in ms paint...i cant change extentions, i cant do anything useful...except draw like a 3 year old.. +++

ive used a pc for a good 10 years now, and a mac for 3...im not even going to talk about that debate lol... there is no point...cuz here is your arguements:

PC: Mac is crap, although i havent tried it...it just cant be good... its used for kindergarden to 4th grade, then they switch to pc! so pc must be the way to go for the older kids!

Mac: PC is crap, they do everything the hard way, and all their programs are unstable...the only reason they still exist is because everything was originally written for them!

i like to think of them as cars:
PC = Chevy
Mac = BMW

chevy still has its nice Corvette... which can ride along side of a lot of BMW's.... but your low line BMW is still top of the line chevy quality...

and i forget where i read this...i think in macworld..a quote from steve jobs, but apple owns a larger % of the market of computers than both BMW and Porshe own of the car industry.....

be proud to be part of that high end line of computers... because owning a mac isnt like owning a car....its like owning a sports car...

S

sLiCk_InCoNtRoL

Uhhhhhhhhhhh! Why do so many of u hate pc's, Why do think they are the big guys right know? Becuase no one wants to buy a mac because they hate the GUI!
The aqua GUI is the best, its just that pc users cant be bothered to look at our sacred GUI's (Which happens to be there GUI's great grand parent!)

D

drakester

lol mac is way too good to be called a bmw, its more of a rolls royce ( which is made by bimmer), and pc would be more along the lines of umm ford maybe, its the old workhorse and the mustang would be the performer pc lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
paint

Mac is more like an Aston Martin: sleek and sexy. :)

PC's are like my father's 1975 Jenson: they never work. :rolleyes:

If you really want a paint program, I found one on Download.com that is halfway decent. It is free, which is nice. :)

It's called Future Paint, and it has some neat features, although it's made for Mac 7.x. However, it has this really cool spray paint feature that makes MS Paint look like an old gym sock. :D The link is at the bottom of the post.

http://download.com.com/3000-2187-6395263.html?tag=lst-0-3

T

TylerMoney

Ummmm...I don't hate pc's, I just don't think they're up to par with mac....and I have used pc's for longer...that's saying a lot....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
MacAddikt said:
what about Drag and Drop?

sig.txt

LOL
This is a classic! considering that Mac had the very first GUI :p

R

redfox

Actually, Mac was not the first Gui. The first gui was created by the Xerox company, along with the mouse. Go to this page for a good explanation: http://www.macos.utah.edu/Documentation/MacOSXClasses/macosxone/gui.html

To add to the topic: I've always wanted a mac, ever since playin w/ em in elementary school. I've always been a PC person, and with the release of Mac OS X, i've really been wanting to take the dive. I also own an iPod, and enjoy it thoroughly :]
the advantage to the pc is that lots of programs are availible, easily. Also, the hardware is Much more widely availible to the public, and at a much lower cost, unlike mac/powerpc architecture. Now if Apple added x86 code compatability to their processors, you'd see a whole lotta more progs on Mac, due to just the Extreme increase in portability.

ben

M

Mr.Guvernment

what about PC in the 3D gfx market - not publishing but fuill on 3d studio max 3d rendering - i have been hearing mac are not so great for that.

I know, pixar just got a bunch of G5's - for workstations, not redering farms though...

enlightne me

My thought - i love my PC - i have used MAC - infact the first computer i used was a MAC in school - grade 9!

i just like the flexibility i have with my PC that i dont have with a MAC.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Correct me please. I thought for rendering you need a good processor. For fast graphic motion, you would need a good graphic card.

Pixar could be rendering there objects on the G5 Xserves and displaying them or working on them with something else.

M

Mr.Guvernment

^^ very true - what video card are availible for a MAC - because certainy a Radeon 9800PRO is not made for GFX design in a "professional" industry

FireGl or Nvidia Quadro / Oxygen etc cards are made for the graphcis market - so then why would they use a gamers card for professional GFX ?

Or did they have something custom made?

J

JCLW

Wasn't the title of this thread:

The stupid Mac vs. Windows crap!

It's completely annoying!
And look what it's turned into?

Why stoop to the level of the "Windows users going off out of nowhere saying "Macs suck"? Both platforms have their benefits and drawbacks, and cater to different types of people doing different things. There are many applications that only run on Macs, and many applications that only run on PCs. Saying that one industry standard application will automatically be ported to a different platform is silly, because there are plenty that are not.

This site seems to run on Linux.

I'm not exactly a long time contributor to this site but I find threads like this one a little distasteful, especially when they are started by moderators.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well everyone's entitled to an opinion. On whether or not a moderator can start a thread stating a dislike for windows... I think it is justified on the sheer magnitude of utter unreliablilty of a closed source OS that is so expensive and even in the stage of xp still allows DDOS problems of monumental proportions. After paying so much for a classified- grade secret OS the user must still supply virus protection and a real firewall. That's not good enough and makes it fair game for critical review, moderator or not. Troll much? Been to the Linux forum yet? :rolleyes:

W

WilliS

its the pit man....**** itself has frozen over here.... moderator or pc lover, what does it matter....youre reading threads in *drum roll* THE PIT... chill out... ready for some hate?

THE WORLD SUCKS

its the pit man! ;)

J

JCLW

DualG5Lova said:
its the pit man....**** itself has frozen over here.... moderator or pc lover, what does it matter....youre reading threads in *drum roll* THE PIT... chill out... ready for some hate?

THE WORLD SUCKS

its the pit man! ;)
LOL... true, I can't argue there :)

H

hiei

at my school we use emacs and there all connected to one server so it takes a while to log in and to do some stuff and all my freinds say that all macs suck because of that i mean they never used one because it doesn't have CS or Battlefield on it and they say its gonna be slow like the emacs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
hiei said:
at my school we use emacs and there all connected to one server so it takes a while to log in and to do some stuff and all my freinds say that all macs suck because of that i mean they never used one because it doesn't have CS or Battlefield on it and they say its gonna be slow like the emacs.
They need to stop being ignorant. Only a moron doesn't know that connect speed or router speed is every computers limiting factor!
:rolleyes:

W

WilliS

hmmm

my calculus teacher was also my programming teacher for c++ and java... and we had to use emacs in the same way you guys do... its annoying, but its what you have to do to keep things under control

also, i dont know how up to date your school is, but we had a library full of computers that were pentium 3's 800mhz... and every time we had to use the librarys computers, they always complained about how slow they were...and how much they sucked...

all i could think of was: wow..you really know nothing about these computers... because i worked for the school over the summers, i knew we had 7 t1 lines supplying the district... which, by the time it was spread over 8 or so schools, its like being connected to 56k or worse.

this in no way reflects the speed of the actual computer...

but oh well, give them a pentium 2 400mhz but connect them to a t3 line and listen to them rave about how fast the computer is *rolls eyes*

a schools use of a computer is probably 80% for the internet...and the other 20% is for computer intro classes where you learn to type, or learn some multimedia applications.

the only time i could really say that the imac's i used were "slow" was when rendering things in photoshop, or making movies in imovie... and they were only "slow" in comparison to my ibook 600... because they were all 350s

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.